AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-01-27, 13:02   Link #1361
Kipp
Uncertainty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyanme View Post
Himeko/Chikane/Otoha FTW.
Oh man, I hope you didn't mean the 3 of them together. Otoha's character is funny, but she needs to gtfo of Chikane's and Himeko's relationship. I was happy when she got shipped off to take care of one of Chikane's family members. ^^;
Kipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-29, 23:31   Link #1362
Tsuki-Miko-14
aRed moon look evil to me

Location: do u like to know where ............well im in hell ,are you happy now
Send a message via AIM to Tsuki-Miko-14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyanme View Post
Oh, my... Tsuki-chan from Promises Kept? Hello there, it's the admin of many name changes. (Currently Kuu Shiartori. ^^') 8D I find it a little funny that I ran into so many of my friends here...

Anyways -- bad Kyaachii... not noting this topic! Kannadzuki no Miko is my all time favorite anime (ROFL. I almost typed 'all time favorite Chikane'...) even with it's many flaws! (Bad pacing, really, really bad mecha scenes.) It's always a tearjerker. >__>;; **has seen it fifteen times and cried each time** ^^;;
i dont know u have account on here .
danm i find lot ppl that also have an account every where XD
like kipp form gaia.
i saw that show 10 time and im fix to watch it in english on youtube soo.
im in love with this show.in fact it was my first shoujo ai anime i ever watch

CLANNAD #1 big fan
Tsuki-Miko-14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-03, 07:22   Link #1363
Bloodseeker

Rented the DVDs from netflix... I'll post my comments, just because I feel like it.

Before watching

-I hope that this is better than Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito, which, aside from Ririsu's cuteness, was completely forgetable... I hear that KnM has a lot of drama, which usually means at least some semi-memorable character development, so I think that its safe to get my hopes up a little.

-I seem to be one of the few that think that Himeko is hotter than Chikane. (she needs to keep the glasses off, though)

Episode 1

-ARGH! Using "-sama" in a dub FTFF! Between that and Himeko sounding really awkward during that second scene, I'm about five bad lines from changing to Japanese with subtitles for a few episodes.
-"Our lunches together make me very happy!" Who talks like that? Chikane has a good VA, but I can already tell that this is going to be a very cheesy show in English. Besides, I can't stand hearing the word "-sama" in a dub. *switches*
-Damn, they're really rushing the beginning, aren't they? They didn't even show Himiko's and Chikane's first lunch together!
-Was that a sketch of Orochi?
-So that WAS a sketch of Orochi! Hopefully this one won't be wearing a bunch of silly Captain Crunch hats.
-The guy that was giving Himeko a ride's robot looks like a Gundam.
-RAEP TIME?!
-LOLz @ that guy fighting to impress a lesbian!
-The ED's slightly above average. Listenable, but not something that I'm going to listen to every episode.

Episode 2

-As if some stupid purification ritual is anyway to apologize or repent!
-You guy's should really start looking for a ritual to summon Ammy...
-I hate it when people knock and then enter without even waiting for a response.
-Mako's gay for Chikane?
-Himeko needs to stop crying.
-She apologizes for having a good friend?
-The Orochis all seem to be pretty likable. Its too bad that they're probably screwed.

Episode 3

-The OP sucks. Rave music FTF.
-They're not even allowed to chat while they're working? I'd hate to work at Chikane's house.
-Having a bunch of people standing around the table while I'm trying to eat would really get on my nerves.
-Himeko really doesn't strike me as the type of girl that would get bullied...
-What is it with anime characters and their tendency to tell their friends that injuries and other problems that were clearly and definitely caused by their incompetence weren't their fault? Its not that hard to console people without lying to them.
-Himeko really needs to do something about her weak mental and physical constitution...
-Such a happy-go-lucky little destroyer, nya! Priestess go boom!

Episode 4

-You know Chikane, if you got on her case for fainting and crying instead of just complementing her and/or telling her that its alright while otherwise keeping the love, she might just toughen up.
-Wow, tattle-telling on Himeko. You really showed her. Those girls fail at being bullies.
-*twinkie houses the guy that was abusing little Himeko*
-Dammit Himeko, quit flipping out! Chikane isn't going to do anything twinkie house-worthy! Not to you, at least.
-You don't wear a hat on a rollercoaster! That's just common sense!

Overall First Impressions

-Not boring, but not great either. I hear that this is one of those that pick up in the second half though, and I already have the second DVD, so I'll keep watching.
-As much as I want to, I'm having a hard time liking Himeko... She needs to stop crying over everything, fainting whenever something other than simple conversation happens, hating herself, and being weak in general. There hasn't been a single episode yet where she hasn't collapsed over something, and I don't think that there's been an episode where she doesn't cry. I'm guessing (and hoping) that she's going to toughen up before the series ends.
-I like the pop idol chick and the catgirl. Its going to be sad to watch them go...

Last edited by Bloodseeker; 2007-02-03 at 09:55.
Bloodseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-04, 02:04   Link #1364
Kipp
Uncertainty

@Bloodseeker

Your review of the first couple episodes were amusing to read. The series really does pick up in the second half. I also agree with you that Chikane's VA has a nice voice. (Japanese and English. Go Michelle Ruff! <3) I personally can't stand Himeko's english VA, but I really like her Japanese one. Anyway, I hope you'll find the rest of the series enjoyable.
Old 2007-02-04, 02:34   Link #1365
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
What exactly is bad about the mecha scenes in this show. I seriously don't understand, they are well animated, hot blooded, have silly super robot attacks? Seriously what the hell?! There's mecha in it so deal with it. It's no use pretending they aren't there because your just lying to yourself. I may not like the Yuri aspects but they are there for everybody to see and I'm not denying it or saying it should be removed. Why do people object so completely without explaining what exactly is wrong here. Is there that much hatred for mecha in anime shows that people can't even except it sparingly. If that's the case, well better get used to it because that's the name of the game next month. Keep in mind the scenes are supposed to be corny as hell as it's the super robots doing the attacking. It's not meant to be serious I guarantee, it's melodrama plain and simple.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-04, 03:48   Link #1366
Bloodseeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kipp View Post
@Bloodseeker

Your review of the first couple episodes were amusing to read. The series really does pick up in the second half. I also agree with you that Chikane's VA has a nice voice. (Japanese and English. Go Michelle Ruff! <3) I personally can't stand Himeko's english VA, but I really like her Japanese one. Anyway, I hope you'll find the rest of the series enjoyable.
Agreed, and I hope so too.

Continuing on:

Episode 5

-So the green haired dude is Souma's brother or something? You'd never guess it by looking at him.
-I'm guessing that the dude that was lying on the ground covered in blood was Souma's dad?
-Lying unconscious in the middle of the road. Typical Himeko.
-Too predictable.
- @ the pop idol using a cat toy to play with the catgirl!
-"Boy's love." Spoken like a true yaoi fangirl.
-Souma should thank his dad. Its because of the beatings that he took as a kid that he's a tough bastard now.
-Himeko fills her quota of crying at least once every episode.
-No males in the mansion except for Chikane's dad? Daddy has some strict rules.
-LOLz @ Chikane! Last time I checked, you aren't the one that keeps fighting off the Orochi! You're in no position to lecture Souma about protecting Himeko.
-There we go Souma! Don't take her shit!
-Argh, don't apologize for standing up for yourself!
-Green haired guy has stupid logic. He brings hell on himself, then turns around and hates the world for it and accepts his destiny to destroy the world for that reason, even though it would kill his brother and others like him?
-Having Himeko cheer you on would be a serious morale booster.
-"She's always suffering and crying..." Even when there's nothing worth feeling tormented over.
-...And the first head is the first to bite it.

Episode 6

-Himeko should just stick with the ribbon. Those kinds of braids FTFF.
-Good, looks like she's not keeping them.
-Sweet... omelets? That doesn't sound very good.
-She calls Chikane by her given name right off the bat, but is still calling Souma by his family name despite having known him for years?
-Its nice that they're finally going back and showing how Himeko and Chikane got attached to each other. That kind of bugged me at the beginning.
-Good, she didn't even flinch that time! *watches as she keels over for a sec* ...Goddammit, Himeko. At least she continued instead of staying unconscious.
-Spoke too soon.
-"Could something be lacking?" Gee, I dunno, a priestess with a strong enough constitution to go an entire week without passing out?
-Listening to people constantly talk down about themselves = annoying.
-So Tsubasa isn't dead. *is indifferent*
-STOP BRAIDING THE HAIR.

Episode 7

-You'll kill yourself if you see Himeko naked? That could really be taken the wrong way.
-So the second head would be Chikane's sister?
-I don't get how anyone could be taken in by the second head's fast talk... even from the inside, it should be pretty obvious that Himeko views Chikane as a very close friend at the very least. And even if that's not enough, why would having some third party who's only relation to Himeko is her potential assassin tell you that you love her and you can't have her bother you?
-You have to kill yourself now, Souma.
-Yeah Souma, stop hurting nya nya!

Episode 8

-AKA "GTFO, Otoha!"
-Yeah, like pushing over a small chair in a big open room is going to slow her down.
-*slap* Damn, psuedo-Chikane is really agressive!

Overall Impression So Far

-In case you can't tell by my lack of comments, I was more into episode eight than the others before it. Show's still not great, but I enjoyed these episodes. I'll at least be able to give it a "good" rating on ANN now.
-I was hoping that Himeko's crying and weak constitution would have worn off at this point... at least her fainting has been toned down somewhat. (even if she does still faint sometimes)
-The pop idol chick and the catgirl are still my favorites.

Last edited by Bloodseeker; 2007-02-04 at 05:34.
Bloodseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-04, 23:57   Link #1367
Kipp
Uncertainty

Oh your reviews continue to crack me up. Four more episodes to go!
Old 2007-02-05, 17:25   Link #1368
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
What exactly is bad about the mecha scenes in this show. I seriously don't understand, they are well animated, hot blooded, have silly super robot attacks?.
i think its mainly due to the repetitiveness and predictability of the mecha fights...we all know that souma is gonna win anyway so why drag it out any longer? but thank god that an event changes things around near the last few eps

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-05, 18:02   Link #1369
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
we all know that souma is gonna win anyway so why drag it out any longer?
You really haven't seen that many Mecha shows.. have you?
Old 2007-02-22, 06:31   Link #1370
teachopvutru
Urusai~Urusai~Urusai~

Lol... like Power Ranger? xD

Anyway, I kinda like this series but the only problem I have is shoujo-ai (I found that out after watching the 1st episode lol) ... Anyway, after ending the whole thing I guess I'm quite fine with it...
teachopvutru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-20, 18:14   Link #1371
Tsuki-Miko-14
aRed moon look evil to me

Location: do u like to know where ............well im in hell ,are you happy now
Send a message via AIM to Tsuki-Miko-14
have any one read knm manga it own 2 vol out

CLANNAD #1 big fan

Last edited by Tsuki-Miko-14; 2007-03-20 at 19:03.
Tsuki-Miko-14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-02, 03:45   Link #1372
Devious

hm I'm obsessed with these series they're so cute and different from all those romance anime ha I liked the action and though I'm a girl I kinda like the yuri aspect because I've noticed that in yuri animes relationships are much deeper than in normal ones oh well as usual I want more!!!
Devious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-15, 01:21   Link #1373
Stephanie
You can reach for my hand

Send a message via Yahoo to Stephanie
Spoiler:

Oops, it seems I was reading page 25 when I posted this.. >.<

"..No matter how hard we want to close our eyes, there's a whole world out there bigger than ourselves and our dreams.." ~FMA
Visit: Maria-sama Forum, My YouTube Account, Utena Forum

Last edited by Stephanie; 2007-08-15 at 01:25. Reason: MISTAKE!! >.<
Stephanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-21, 17:25   Link #1374
Chiibi
Lolli for loli :D

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
-The OP sucks. Rave music FTF
How DARE you say that about Re-sublimity!? It's in my top ten best openings!
Old 2007-09-27, 18:59   Link #1375
Darkyouck

I've got a question about the end of Kannazuki no Miko and the visual novel Figure of Happiness / しあわせのかたち.
You need to have finish this visual novel with all endings to be able to answer : )

Spoiler for The end of Kannazuki no Miko:

P.S : forgive me about my language, i'm not really good in english
Darkyouck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-06, 23:17   Link #1376
taelrak

Yea, this is such an underrated series. Just take away all the random Mecha scenes and you have one of the most heartbreakingly tragic and beautiful love stories seen in anime.

I was soo disappointed in the joke of a story that was "Kyoushirou to Towa no Sora".
taelrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-07, 01:02   Link #1377
Fweakin

Ah! Kannazuki no Miko, how do I love thee? Let me count the ways.

In all seriousness, this is one of my favourite anime (despite the plot holes, the superfluous mecha, and the unmentionable scene in ep 8, Himeko dropping like a fly anytime ANYTHING happened), which goes to show how good the others parts were to make up for this.
Brownie points of course go to the delicious episodes 11 and 12, with the awesome juxtaposition of Chikane's poem while slashing at Himeko, and the pure awesomeness that was the entirety of ep 12.

What I really loved was the rewatchability of the series. Ive watched the whole thing through about 3 times now and keep picking up different things as I go. My last pickup was the fact that Himeko never really initiates any contact with Souma until Chikane pressures her into it, and ever then the first 5 episodes or so she doesnt appear all that keen on him.

Okay, I'm going to stop fangirling, because I hate fangirls.

Quote:
I was soo disappointed in the joke of a story that was "Kyoushirou to Towa no Sora".
And I wholeheartedly agree. The side characters were infinitely more entertaining than Kuu and Kyoshiro. Setsuna is awesome and the only of the characters for the main arc (Kuu, Kyoshiro and Setsuna) that I liked. And because she kept getting shafted, the poor dear.
And one by one back in the Closet lays.
--Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam
Fweakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-17, 06:35   Link #1378
Droplet
ヘ( ̄▽ ̄ヘ)(ノ ̄▽ ̄)ノ

I love Kannazuki no Miko beyond all doubt. But I have found something like KnM that I've come to love much more, if that was possible. It fills up many holes left in the series and provides a richer world, with new characters that don't feel out of place at all, surprisingly. It's a novel length fic called "Lovers Eternal" found at fanfiction dot net. Instead of awkward mechas as the Orochi's weapons of evil, they get swords. If you call yourself a KnM fan, you shouldn't miss it out.
Droplet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-17, 06:43   Link #1379
Phantasmagoria
†Mizore Shirayuki†
*Author

You wouldn't mind direct-linking do you? It should be fine if it is a fan-fic..

Do you mean this? http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2388167/...ernal_Complete

I will take a look, if you could confirm.

Rosario + Vampire[Mizore].Spice and Wolf[Horo].
Hayate no Gotoku![Hinagiku].Hayate no Gotoku![Maria]
Phantasmagoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-18, 16:42   Link #1380
Chiibi
Lolli for loli :D

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
I wonder if I'm the only person on here whose favorite characters are Himeko and Souma.... >_>
I really don't see how anyone could hate a character as adorable as Himeko. I know she is weak but I mean...she's so damn cute I would almost go lesbian for her. Almost. That is how cute she is

.....did I actually say that? Oh gawd...need to look at bishounen....now...!

Tags
action, mecha, romance, shounen, yuri