AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Download Help

Notices

Old 2004-08-15, 14:48   Link #1
orthodent4
Orthodent4

download problem

I have Windows XP 2000 and am using Bit Tornado to download my animes. All the possible firewalls on my computer have been turned off. I didn't have problem downloading anime before, but recently, I couldn't continue downloading any of the animes in my file. The light on Bit Tornado is always red and it's not connecting to any peers either. I check the port range and it is from 6881-6889. I even try downloading ABC, but still it doesn't download at all. Oh, I'm using DSL and my connection is on since I can get on-line. Any ideas on how to fix this problem? Thanks!
orthodent4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-15, 15:04   Link #2
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Location: "And if thou doest not well, _Sin_ lieth at the door."- Genesis 4:7
Do you have a red bulb with all torrents or only with some?

Quote:
Originally Posted by orthodent4
I have Windows XP 2000 [...]
What do you mean? Windows 2000 or Windows XP? If you have the latter, could it be that you downloaded the Service Pack 2?
There is a little known provision in the Forum Rules that explicitly allows a moderator to remove any signature image that they believe to be inappropriate for any reason. That did not happen in this case because _Sin_ is so boring that he never even had a signature to remove anyway. So why is this text here? To attract attention of course - isn't that what a signature is for?
You can still find my Azureus Download Guide here

By all means, make sure to read this.
_Sin_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-15, 18:09   Link #3
orthodent4
Orthodent4

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Sin_
Do you have a red bulb with all torrents or only with some?

What do you mean? Windows 2000 or Windows XP? If you have the latter, could it be that you downloaded the Service Pack 2?

Sorry, I'm not much of a computer literate. I have Windows XP and a red bulb for all torrents. I downloaded the Azureus like you showed me and was able to download, so that helps. However, I still need time to learn how to use this new client. Thanks for all the help.
orthodent4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-15, 18:27   Link #4
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Location: "And if thou doest not well, _Sin_ lieth at the door."- Genesis 4:7
We still don't know if the Windows XP firewall is enabled or not. To find out how to do this, follow these instructions - courtesy of AnimeOni:

1Right click on "my network places" | right click on your network and click Advanced Tab. If the box is checked, uncheck it.
If that still does not help, read the Azureus guide (the link in my signature). Look for the latest posts by me and KeinikuSuki on how to configure routers and firewalls.
There is a little known provision in the Forum Rules that explicitly allows a moderator to remove any signature image that they believe to be inappropriate for any reason. That did not happen in this case because _Sin_ is so boring that he never even had a signature to remove anyway. So why is this text here? To attract attention of course - isn't that what a signature is for?
You can still find my Azureus Download Guide here

By all means, make sure to read this.
_Sin_ is offline   Reply With Quote