AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-07-31, 10:54   Link #261
chrno

Send a message via AIM to chrno
Thanks!

Of course I added one little extra thing that I didn't include. Found it this morning. Plus, went back and corrected typos and reworded stuff. I'm done, for now until I find something else to change. But I enjoyed doing it.

In a way that does make sense. Unless they release the DVD version and then edit certain scenes (ie.- skin shots). I thought I had heard that they were going to release the uncut version on TV as well. And if that is true I had wondered how are they were going to pull that off when the Japanese version had to keep it censored up to a point on late night TV? But I'm curious to know how they will be handling it when it comes close to releasing it here.

As far as people not "___ing" it because it's licensed, well that never stopped groups before. If anything I expected it to happen once the first vol. appeared. But apparently people were curious, so curious in fact that I don't even know if the reason behind it was because they knew "something". And if there were requests for the first DVD then there will be requests for the others. Now that's a lot of money to shell out for R2s. Oh well.

As for me, I'll be looking forward to it coming stateside. I do want it as part of my collection. At least FUNimation should have no reason to screw up the title heading. I just hope that they treat it with justice. Of course I'll miss the TV broadcast. Now I'm even more curious to see another ep. so I can compare that)

Man I gotta go back and watch ep. 17, and 18 is right around the corner. Sheesh!

"I'm afraid 400 years won't cover me."

Last edited by chrno; 2006-08-02 at 12:06.
chrno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-31, 12:53   Link #262
rpgman1

I know Trinity Blood will be aired of Adult Swim along with Bleach while Eureka 7 will be going on hiatus to finish recording the rest of the episodes, Witchblade might have a chance to be aired on Adult Swim this Fall or next year. If we're lucky, then Inuyasha might be replaced on the Wednesday 12:30am slot with Witchblade (most unlikely but Witchblade has fanservice galore so it might be better in that timeslot).
rpgman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-31, 14:25   Link #263
chrno

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpgman1
I know Trinity Blood will be aired of Adult Swim along with Bleach while Eureka 7 will be going on hiatus to finish recording the rest of the episodes, Witchblade might have a chance to be aired on Adult Swim this Fall or next year. If we're lucky, then Inuyasha might be replaced on the Wednesday 12:30am slot with Witchblade (most unlikely but Witchblade has fanservice galore so it might be better in that timeslot).
Word up! I'm with you on that.

But I would be curious to see what they do. If they manage to get it for the fall that would be one hell of a speedy airing. The next chance would be March sometime. I would go with Spring next year. Besides the show isn't done yet. We still got 8 more episodes to go. But if they want to try and get it on TV then they'll just have to take what they got. But I tell you it's strange having 2 separate releases. Might have always been the case in other cases I just may have not noticed.

Once again I have to make corrections on the above "comparison" deal. But that's it. Found out that I had to get another file because the one I was using was corrupt. Found out scene that that I thought was removed, wasn't. Because the glitch appeared in RIGHT in that spot. But it's fixed and everything else is O.K.

Last edited by chrno; 2006-08-01 at 09:16.
Old 2006-08-01, 14:02   Link #264
outlaw97

Just started watching this a couple days ago, I hope the eps thus far have been able to craft a story to sustain the amount of ero-ero in the show!

For fans, this month's Megami summer special, which has lots of posters of characters in swimsuits, has one of Masane (I think), although the proportions are even more ridiculous - and this is coming from someone who is decidedly anti-loli
outlaw97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-01, 14:21   Link #265
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw97
For fans, this month's Megami summer special, which has lots of posters of characters in swimsuits, has one of Masane (I think), although the proportions are even more ridiculous - and this is coming from someone who is decidedly anti-loli
At first I thought it was some silly h-doujin, because she looked so stupid. It's not even pretty, it's just nonsensical.

For those, who want to take a look: http://heiseidemocracy.net/2006/07/3...eptember-2006/
MrProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-02, 00:20   Link #266
rpgman1

Oh my god! Why is Masane the only one that is so out-of-proportion? She has the biggest bust out of all the swimsuit pics! The others are pretty good, especially Haruhi from SHnY and Haruhi from Ouran (she's just flat-chested being a 14 year old and A-cup). Saber, Rin, and Sakura look very good in their summer kimonos.
Old 2006-08-02, 09:55   Link #267
chrno

Talking

Quote:
Oh my god! Why is Masane the only one that is so out-of-proportion? She has the biggest bust out of all the swimsuit pics! The others are pretty good, especially Haruhi from SHnY and Haruhi from Ouran (she's just flat-chested being a 14 year old and A-cup). Saber, Rin, and Sakura look very good in their summer kimonos.
Yeah that pic is pretty over the top. It's also posted up on "danbooru" as well. Of course it's even larger than ever before. I knew it was coming after ep. 16. But this I one I didn't expect. A tan 'Masane' and a big mug of beer. Well, that is pretty much 'Masane' as she does love drinking beer. "She's a party animal!" It's not too bad a pic, but it's exaggerated. Did we really need this emphasis on "tan-lines" of the previous bathing suit? GAAAAH!! It's like, "Masane can you change into this for the camera?" At this point in time Riko is preparing the bat to give someone a serious ass-beating. Cause they're pushing it.

While not drawn by the same artist, I have faith in seeing something by Uno Makoto'. But again I wouldn't trust him either. Remember when dealing with large "BOOBS" it's hard to take them seriously. It's "fall-out central". Especially in anime.

Speaking of h-doujins I've only come across 2 for 'WB' though I'm sure they're more. Though I'm curious to see the one called 'Trip Dancer'. I've seen the cover so far. Nice artwork. You have to admit it's a fitting title.

Almost time for ep. 18. Did we forget about 17?

Old 2006-08-02, 12:27   Link #268
Guido

Episode 18 first impressions.

This one is mostly character and dialogue driven as the previous one.

I'm a bit uncomfortable for no Witchblade and/or Cloneblade action in this one, however, that some main cast members are preparing their ace cards sums up a good sign with flow the pace is at, therefore, the story is picking on suspense to deliver some surprising twists for the next episode.

Looks to be full of business politics intrigue, police drama, all family moments, and sci-fi existentialism.

Spoiler:
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-02, 13:09   Link #269
rpgman1

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrno
Yeah that pic is pretty over the top. It's also posted up on "danbooru" as well. Of course it's even larger than ever before. I knew it was coming after ep. 16. But this I one I didn't expect. A tan 'Masane' and a big mug of beer. Well, that is pretty much 'Masane' as she does love drinking beer. "She's a party animal!" It's not too bad a pic, but it's exaggerated. Did we really need this emphasis on "tan-lines" of the previous bathing suit? GAAAAH!! It's like, "Masane can you change into this for the camera?" At this point in time Riko is preparing the bat to give someone a serious ass-beating. Cause they're pushing it.

While not drawn by the same artist, I have faith in seeing something by Uno Makoto'. But again I wouldn't trust him either. Remember when dealing with large "BOOBS" it's hard to take them seriously. It's "fall-out central". Especially in anime.

Speaking of h-doujins I've only come across 2 for 'WB' though I'm sure they're more. Though I'm curious to see the one called 'Trip Dancer'. I've seen the cover so far. Nice artwork. You have to admit it's a fitting title.

Almost time for ep. 18. Did we forget about 17?
I saw another doujin called "Inazuma Blade" by Inazuma of D.A.W. for Comic Market 70. It's got some pretty nice artwork because I have one from GSD and thought it was good and hilarious at the same time. By the way, D.A.W. is a circle comprised of 4 artists and Inazuma is one of them. The artist did depict self as a woman having bright ideas by starry eyes about drawing them. The others are either okay or good, but Inazuma is the best out of that circle.
Here is the page containing the cover and a pic: http://www7a.biglobe.ne.jp/~daw/info.htm
Old 2006-08-02, 14:52   Link #270
Guido

The following set of screenshots mostly summarizes what unfolds in episode 18.

Old 2006-08-02, 14:52   Link #271
chrno

Quote:
I saw another doujin called "Inazuma Blade" by Inazuma of D.A.W. for Comic Market 70. It's got some pretty nice artwork because I have one from GSD and thought it was good and hilarious at the same time. By the way, D.A.W. is a circle comprised of 4 artists and Inazuma is one of them. The artist did depict self as a woman having bright ideas by starry eyes about drawing them. The others are either okay or good, but Inazuma is the best out of that circle.
Here is the page containing the cover and a pic: http://www7a.biglobe.ne.jp/~daw/info.htm
"Give me your X-T-C, with Masa-MUNE yo! Cause bras don't fit her as you know! Cause she's too damn big..."

Nice pic. He's got some other good stuff. Since he's doing "busty" then I guess
'Masane' has now become adopted. That's right folks get those ideas together after watching the show and get them out to the comic market.

Now my question is WTF, happened to 'Masane's beige pants? It's been blue jeans for 17 ep. straight! And I know she'll have em' on in ep. 18 too.

Thanks for the info.

Last edited by chrno; 2006-08-03 at 13:43.
Old 2006-08-02, 22:13   Link #272
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
I like the new girl. Down with Maria! 8)
MrProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-03, 07:57   Link #273
xizro345
King's Justice

DVD LE edition part I

Finally I got my limited edition copy! Here are some pics. Unfortunately, I didn't have a digital cam so I had to use a crappy webcam to take shots, so bear with me 8P To avoid problems, it'll be on multiple posts

Ok, here's the wrapped DVD (just got out of the EMS package):

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f1...45/dvdstop.jpg

Back of the DVD cover:

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f1...5/dvdsback.jpg

The cover can be removed, and you get the "standard" amaray for normal version + sketch booklet (called "Vol.1")

Here's the DVD front and back after removing the silver cover:

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f1...45/dvdntop.jpg

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f1...5/dvdnback.jpg

Continued in next post 8P
xizro345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-03, 08:04   Link #274
xizro345
King's Justice

DVD LE edition part II

Ok, here's the overview after opening the cover, aside the ads there's a small booklet inside as well:

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f1...5/overview.jpg

Here's a pic of such booklet, that contains a staff interview and two character "bio" (Masane and Riko):

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f1...45/booklet.jpg

Back to the sketches booklet, it has a very simple cover:

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f1...345/sketch.jpg

THere are some character and background sketches inside, let's start with our favorite Witchblade user 8P

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f1...45/wmasane.jpg

And a setting sketch as well:

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f186/zizza345/ship.jpg

Ok that's all. Unfortunately I'll leave for holidays tomorrow with no net access so I won't really able to comment till I get back home in about 24 days, but I'll try to read this when I can. 8P
Old 2006-08-03, 13:33   Link #275
chrno

Cool

Cool xizro345! Thanks for the images!

They always know how to pack in those extra goodies. There's a little insert for 'Gonzo's upcoming movie 'Brave Story' Now the question is will we get this. Probably not. That case almost made me think that it was a CD case. If you didn't mention that there was a amaray DVD case in there I wouldn't have made the connection considering that some J-Pop DVDs come in CD cases.

We got 'WBMasane' this time, next stop vol. 2 with 'CBShiori' on the case. With a big blade between her legs. How does she do it? I'm almost sure she was designed after a weasel. Or "kamaitachi" which is the term for the notorious crescent blade-bearing weasel creatures of Japanese folklore. Cause her design isn't anything bug-like. A fox was my first impression but I was wrong.

I'll be watching 17 again and catching 18, while watching ep. 2-3 (DVD version) something during the weekend. So I'll be doing another fun-filled comparison write-up.

Oh, and don't knock 'Maria' she's just a girl.

Last edited by chrno; 2006-08-03 at 18:00.
Old 2006-08-03, 14:22   Link #276
xizro345
King's Justice

As for the DVD itself the menus are well, not so good, especially since episode selections and chapter selections are separate (kinda odd, and I have a few JP DVDs).
The extras include an interview with Mamiko Noto, textless OP/ED, some GONZO trailers and the promo movie that aired before the series.
Old 2006-08-03, 18:05   Link #277
chrno

Quote:
Originally Posted by xizro345
As for the DVD itself the menus are well, not so good, especially since episode selections and chapter selections are separate (kinda odd, and I have a few JP DVDs).
The extras include an interview with Mamiko Noto, textless OP/ED, some GONZO trailers and the promo movie that aired before the series.
Now that's interesting. I have a couple of import DVDs myself (Brigadoon - they're the only R2 DVDs I have aside from JP LDs), yet I never took the time to really look at the menus. Maybe I'll go back and take a look. Again thanks for that info.

Old 2006-08-03, 20:17   Link #278
Guido

Episode 18 Review

The Fall of Takayama.

Seriously, I must commend and applaud this episode for the element twists that followed after a conspiracy plot within Douji.

Spoiler:

Animation was not spectacular but good, as the character's faces were drawn properly stylized seen in several anime.

But boy, Wado packed a filthy punched and counterstruck at Takayama to have him kicked out, and as I predicted, Segawa changed sides but do so legally (not pulling any undercover strings) because he complies to the winning side or the one that holds the power.
Masane has now lots to worry about, since Takayama was hers and Riko's only insurance to get a stable and happy life. With him gone, they are now vulnerable and helpless against legal prosecution from both sides of Douji and NSWF respectively.

Definitely, Wado struck a deal with Nishida, and the outcome for this episode makes me believe that he's going to have a hand on having Riko delivered to NSWF.

BTW, Maria's personality suffered a 180 degree change on her personality since the last time we saw her all hell-psycho.
Spoiler:
Old 2006-08-05, 18:13   Link #279
chrno

Slight thoughts ffom Guido's spoiler for 17 and 18

Man on manicheviz,

Talk about trouble trouble trouble.
Spoiler:

Old 2006-08-09, 12:31   Link #280
Guido

Episode 19 preview.

This one will be memorable as it pulls out unpredictable twists that were not seen coming.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Guido; 2006-08-09 at 15:45.