AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-05-17, 13:25   Link #121
Guido

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrno
Nice summarization Guido. Also, nice gifs too. How about one for the K.O.?

Actually it is interesting how this show has been pulling itself together. But the weird thing is that it started out slow but is speeding up it's pace like it's coming to and end even though we still haven't gotten to the meat. What are the rest of the episodes going to be?

But since I've been watching this show I had wondered some things myself. I had noticed that each time they talk about anything having to do with the 'Witchblade' they refer back to incident that happened 6 years ago.

-When Takeyama is explaining to Masane about how the 'Witchblade' artifact was once in the position of 'Doji Industries'. Could the catastrophe of 6 years before have been caused by the 'Witchblade' artifact (retalation) itself during the experimentation/manufacturing phase? And if so, where or how close was Masane to the incident when she was sought out as the new contractor?

Another question comes to mind if she was a test subject from the beginning who had escaped?

One of the things I remember in ep. 1 was what Masane says about the 'Child Welfare Agency'. "It's a lie." That's all you get from her, meaning somewhere in her memories lies the answers to what she may know about the agency. And while she's not saying anything and has bout fuzziness she may infact be knowledgeable on the matter but has supressed them for the time being.

When the social worker said that they found her among the catastrophe, she didn't even remember anything. We also know that from the mark on her arm she had already come into contact with the 'Witchblade' right around that incident. I'm thinking that they survived was because of the contract. Which also caused her to "blank out". Yet she held onto her child regardless of what she knew or didn't know. But she had to have been taken into their custody for them to get more info. The question is now

-If she was in their custody, how long was she there? If they said that she didn't claim her daughter as hers then why is that she has now? What lurks behind the scenes that Takeyama knows and other's don't. And what does the police dept. play in all this. We may know some info. about some things but there are still the little bits that make you question and wonder if other characters know about this as well or are they pawns.

As for Takeyama and Reina, they still seem to to be working together on something. But the photo does say a lot. As for Tozawa, nah he won't die. But yeah he does remind you of 'Akihiko' from 'Blood+ with a sweet tooth like Argeno (gawd I hate him!!).

Yep, the last thing 'Masane' wants is 'Takeyama' the guy that wouldn't give her a drink of water looking at her goods. As far as he's concerned he's seen many of goods in his doctor days. If you seen one you've seen them all. Hahahahaha!! But you have to laugh at his "hands-on-touch" of gently checking the patient's injuries. Yeah, I would be pissed too. But I found that too odd of her trying to "hit" up on him. Considering that she's always pissed at him. But then again he is attractive in a "moody-f**ing, pissed-off" sort of way. Who knows what's going through that head of hers. But then again because she's always fighting with him. She does probably see him as attractive. And she would like to see if she can get more out of him. Like smoothing out the wrinkles in a piece aluminum foil. But again he seems to admire her stature on this whole deal as well. Masane may be a "lacking" on some things but she's no dummy. As she's proven that she can "negotiate". But I have to admire her as a strong female character for keeping her composure in check. But then again I wonder if Takeyama has taking a liking to Masane. He seems to like her better when she's fired up.

Well, ep.7 will be airing soon. And if we're all lucky the "raw" will be up toward the end of the day or first thing tomorrow morning. Hell, I'm getting like WMasane, I can't go a week without getting my daily does of story action topped off with some cheesy fanservice. Hahaha!!

Oh one more thing, I found this interesting when I looked at 'Masane's full name. I had recognized the "kanji" for "heaven" in her name. The last name 'Amaha' when broken down becomes 'AMA'=heaven and 'HA'=feather. Whereas 'Masane breaks down to 'MASA=gracious, elegant and 'NE'=sound, voice or noisy. I figured with what they came up and the fact that the 'Witchblade's contractor is referred to as the 'Angel of Light' (taken from 'Witchblade #1), I had a feeling that they would come up with something that was close to the overall idea.
Everyone of us at the thread would be surprised the tads of secrets that are disclosed in episode seven.

The CBC broadcasted has already aired.
Spoiler:

Don't watch unless you want laugh out in shock. Very scary pics of Naomi, the girl with the incense sticks.
Spoiler:
Guido is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-17, 14:14   Link #122
chrno

Send a message via AIM to chrno
Cool

ARRRRRRRGH!!! I can't stand the suspense!!

Spoiler:

I tell you these are some very shocking revelations yet the story isn't over yet. And it seems that Gonzo is pacing things out as slowly as they can. It's like they "tease" us with something good. I just hope they will be able to keep the pace of the story going well through to 26, and not let it falter because they ran out of ideas to pace the story to a reasonable end.

Oh that shot with Naomi was scary. But no more scary until I see the ep.

Thanks Guido for that update!

Check it out. Looks like there is going to an artbook for the show. I couldn't see why there wouldn't be. After all you get to own some of Uno Makoto's work.

http://yuima.blog6.fc2.com/blog-entry-469.html

Now you can see what I was talking about. The... sharp... I will not say. Soooooo naughty!! .

http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B...lance&n=561956

It's a danger to all men out there.

"I'm afraid 400 years won't cover me."
chrno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-18, 19:55   Link #123
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
The uneven, inconsistent artwork continues its steady march all the way through episode 7. Despite faces being all over the place, it was still good in terms of plot.

I sense something interesting in Reiji/Masane and I like the fact that they are focusing more on Reiji and Reina now, instead of making Masane their integral character, around whom everything revolves. It was also good seeing Reiji kick ass with a rail-gun against Shiori, with Masane being pretty useless.

Episode 7 also solidified my idea of the connection between Ex-Con and Cloneblades. I am pretty sure they were a product of a similar experiment (perhaps Cloneblades are more advanced?), since Shiori degeneration and "growing over" effect was quite similar to the Ex-Con.
MrProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-19, 04:48   Link #124
JShaggy
I like CRABS!!

Send a message via AIM to JShaggy Send a message via Yahoo to JShaggy
Finally watched Episode 7 today, and from what I understood from the backstory,

Spoiler for episode 7:

JShaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-19, 11:49   Link #125
chrno

Talking

How do you like your 'Shiori?

Man oh man! Just finished watching that episode last night after 'Ray: The animation'. You definitely right about what you saw. Man, they must've called in the "C" team. "We need to get this episode finished by tomorrow, how fast do you work?" Not only was the animation all over the place but so were the "mammaries". GAAAAAAAH!!!! They just couldn't keep things consistent. But other than that some more answers to what I was asking (and I was pretty on target with a few acceptions)
Spoiler:

I like the little quirks that 'Masane' has. Goes back to episode one where she hates leaving things "open" or "incomplete". Which was the reason she made the paper hat to put in the place of the missing liquor bottle.

Last edited by chrno; 2006-05-19 at 16:12.
Old 2006-05-19, 13:20   Link #126
Guido

I interpret from the pics based on what's going on, before downloading the episode; just guesswork, therefore, is 90% inaccurate at least.

Does my mind keeps on playing games or is it a norm for this show that the animation goes off places every episode?

Very well endowed women, yet their proportions are drawn loosely and asymetrically; bigger is not always better.

Oh, and CShiori blew off the sexuality atmosphere up to the roof. The transformation that JShaggy commented works on both the psychological and physiological level, though it was mostly CShiori gaining a sleeker armor and red linings drawn around her eyes plus spiky hair.

But her personality was the highlight as she turned into that of a bloodlust beast + a nymphomaniac + turning on her oyashiro-esque mode.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Guido; 2006-05-22 at 10:49.
Old 2006-05-19, 16:31   Link #127
chrno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido
I interpret from the pics based on what's going on, before downloading the episode; just guesswork, therefore, is 90% inaccurate at least.
http://dat.2chan.net/18/res/2879565.htm

Does my mind keeps on playing games or is it a norm for this show that the animation goes off places every episode?

Very well endowed women, yet their proportions are drawn loosely and asymetrically; bigger is not always better.

Oh, and CShiori blew off the sexuality atmosphere up to the roof. The transformation that JShaggy commented works on both the psychological and physiological level, though it was mostly CShiori gaining a sleeker armor and red linings drawn around her eyes plus spiky hair.

But her personality was the highlight as she turned into that of a bloodlust beast + a nymphomaniac + turning on her oyashiro-esque mode.

Spoiler:
You said a it! Of course the kind folks over at '2chan.net' are having a field day with all the stuff they can make fun of.

But the one thing that stays the same is Rihoko, she's still cute as a button!

Old 2006-05-19, 17:14   Link #128
Guido

I found an interesting pic of a new CloneBlade posted by our kind friends of 2chan.

I do not know exactly if it's a new character appearing whether in the anime or the manga.
Yep. There's a WitchBlade manga that started serialization for those who didn't know.

The pic was scanned from a magazine. I will thank anyone who provides information on the magazine that has the pic on it, plus any information regarding the new character.

Enjoy.
Spoiler:

Look! She wields two CloneBlades.
Old 2006-05-19, 17:49   Link #129
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Yup, the manga is out there and it's not about Masane or Douji or whatever is happening in anime at all.

It's basically about a schoolgirl named Takeru who has finds the Witchblade symbiote. Looks a bit pedestrian and run-of-the-mill.

Oh, and the new character has a wicked ahoge. Maybe she'll have an ahoge tourney with Masane. 8) (and thank God the bust is reasonable!)
Old 2006-05-19, 22:13   Link #130
chrno

Quote:
I found an interesting pic of a new CloneBlade posted by our kind friends of 2chan.

I do not know exactly if it's a new character appearing whether in the anime or the manga.
Yep. There's a WitchBlade manga that started serialization for those who didn't know.

The pic was scanned from a magazine. I will thank anyone who provides information on the magazine that has the pic on it, plus any information regarding the new character.

Enjoy.
Spoiler:

Look! She wields two CloneBlades.

I went back to the site and while it doesn't mention what magazine it is, you can tell by the design that it's a new character for the show. They even have the CV listed for this character. From what I made out this afternoon, her name is 'Maria' (in hiragana).

Depending on what magazine it was in, someone was able to get access to it to post something upcoming. It could be 'Megami Mag'. Of course I'm wondering if 'Newtype' posted anything. But I'll put my bet on 'Megami'. But I'll keep my eyes out too.

Remember we still got 20+ episodes to go. Which means that there are more candidates out there which also means more "kinky" if not "booby" glory to come. And again this made me think of something.

From what we found out so far I wonder if Reina is really doing this project for the chairman's sake. And if she is doing it just for show and leaking info. to Reiji, then the chairperson "Father" might have an ace up his sleeve just incase things aren't done accordingly. Which means that there could be more "cloneblades" out there. And if he isn't calling the shots then someone else that we haven't seen is. This always the case with messing around with something they don't understand to make weapons. And if something goes wrong, then they take what info they've acquired and try again. Of course, let's add leaks where someone else is keeping info. to try their hands at something.

I also don't see Reina getting into a fight with Masane unless it's for a reason. She's too level headed and right now she's really spending time observing if anything. And if "A" is "B" in relation to 'Reina', then that could come up as well toward the end.

But that's just my speculation.

Old 2006-05-23, 17:50   Link #131
philip72

Is anyone currently blogging Witchblade?
Animeblogger.net and Blogsuki.com aren't showing anyone. I need some recap assistance to understand the parts that my poor japanese skills don't comprehend.
philip72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-23, 17:56   Link #132
Guido

Quote:
Originally Posted by philip72
Is anyone currently blogging Witchblade?
Animeblogger.net and Blogsuki.com aren't showing anyone. I need some recap assistance to understand the parts that my poor japanese skills don't comprehend.
Wrex's Anime Whirls is the best place to look for WitchBlade blogs.

I'm looking forward, of course patiently, for him to post his synopsis for episode seven.
Old 2006-05-24, 09:17   Link #133
chrno

Cool

Quote:
Wrex's Anime Whirls is the best place to look for WitchBlade blogs.

I'm looking forward, of course patiently, for him to post his synopsis for episode seven.
You said it.

Oh this month's 'Newtype USA' had a small 2-page spread preview for 'Witchblade'. Oh, and the caption reads,

"Oh Momma!"

Of course they have to use that nice little "ass-in-yo-face" image which was used on one of the promotional goods that's on their site. There was a little comment from the artist 'Uno Makoto'. It was funny. He comments on his enjoyment of doing the characters for the series. But he also mentions how difficult it is drawing the 'Witchblade' designs. He says he still has trouble. Considering, he has to what- come up with the designs, put together more collective illustrations and do illustrations for each DVD cover and collectible goods. After thinking about it I can see why. The 'armor' for the 'Witchblade is very complex and it's probably a pain to draw over and over and over again. There are too many angles as opposed to doing soft "female" curves. Hahahahaha!!

Of course when the illustrative works for 'Witchblade' comes out people are going to pick it up just to get some of Uno Makoto's work.

Old 2006-05-24, 10:10   Link #134
chrno

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProphet
Yup, the manga is out there and it's not about Masane or Douji or whatever is happening in anime at all.

It's basically about a schoolgirl named Takeru who has finds the Witchblade symbiote. Looks a bit pedestrian and run-of-the-mill.

Oh, and the new character has a wicked ahoge. Maybe she'll have an ahoge tourney with Masane. 8) (and thank God the bust is reasonable!)
Hahaha!! Forgot to comment on this.

Bust reasonably, c'mon they're just teasing you. They're faking you out so that when you open the book there will be someone in it with bigger busts. It's 'Witchblade!!'

Aho-ge battle? Now that's worth seeing. Hahaha!!

Well, at least the design is somewhat closer to the orignal. It's funny the manga is out but yet I can't find any sites with a cover design. The only site listed on 'ANN' is 'Akitashoten', but they don't have anything up yet. Not to mention everytime you look up something for the manga the only thing that was advertised was a magazine talking about new stuff. And the cover features 'The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya'. Boy talk about getting confused.

Old 2006-05-24, 14:21   Link #135
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Found a few screens from ep 8...

Spoiler:

From the evidence of that last one it's time for Masane to go on a diet ....
Sonhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-24, 18:41   Link #136
grss1982

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonhex

Spoiler:

First and foremeost

TO SONHEX:

Hmmmmmm........

Is it just me or is the thrid pic with Rihoko and Reina a dead giveaway of the former's (Rihoko) parentage?

Last edited by grss1982; 2006-05-24 at 19:03.
grss1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-24, 18:55   Link #137
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Quote:
Originally Posted by grss1982
Rihoko's hair color is a dead giveaway of her parentage?
But what would that make Masane with her birth certificate for Riko?
Old 2006-05-24, 20:56   Link #138
chrno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonhex

Spoiler:

Oh my GAWD!!!! DAMN!!!! What the hell?????
Well, it's kind of funny because I found a piece of fanart that wasn't that far off. I wish I could find the link but unfortunately I can't. Oh well.

Old 2006-05-25, 04:21   Link #139
grss1982

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProphet
But what would that make Masane with her birth certificate for Riko?
Got a point there. Fake papers perhaps?

AARGHHHHH!!!!! Now I'm totally confused!!!!!!
Old 2006-05-25, 04:53   Link #140
jedinat
フリーター

Why hasn't anyone subbed this past ep one? This anime is a lot more interesting me than alot of the crap ppl seem so dedicated to subbing right now.
jedinat is offline   Reply With Quote