AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Old 2004-08-17, 23:34   Link #1
anime-otaku
Lazy Guitarist

Send a message via AIM to anime-otaku Send a message via Yahoo to anime-otaku
Guys, I need your help! Please~~

Here is Shujan, he supposed to be Devil King but he's only 12 years old, on his right hand is the demon gaunlet, passed down to every generation of kings, thats my character but..I have some toruble character designing today, for my new to-be manga "oni-densetsu" But I don't really have much creativity when it comes to character designing so guys, help me out and give me some ideas or suggestions. ANY suggestions will help.

anime-otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-18, 00:40   Link #2
Prince of Chronics
One Piece fan

Maybe baggy shorts would be better as opposed to pants... or a hoodie underneath the vest? ...

cool looking character though... kinda reminds me of Sasuke from Naruto (the hair)... I also like the gaunlet idea...
Old 2004-08-18, 00:51   Link #3
Shoeshefied

Send a message via AIM to Shoeshefied
long legs wit tight pants! ahaha, ; the way you curve their faces, just like your other drawings, keeps me interested with envious.
Shoeshefied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-18, 23:29   Link #4
Forsaken102
Insanity Goddess

Send a message via AIM to Forsaken102 Send a message via Yahoo to Forsaken102
Wow... that devil sign on the gauntlet looks amazingly similar to the Flame of Recca symbol for the Hokage. Is there a symbolic reference to that loop with the dot in the middle?

Q: When he went, had you gone and had she, if she wanted to and were able, for the time being excluding all the restraints on her not to go, gone also, would he have brought you, meaning you and she, with him to the station?

MR. BROOKS: Objection. That question should be taken out and shot.
Forsaken102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-19, 01:02   Link #5
anime-otaku
Lazy Guitarist

Okay I am gonna change this character drastically, knowing how unoriginal the character design is, the new and (hopefully) improved version will be up tommorrow.

Forsake>> The symbol? Well I never really given it much thought, I thought it just there to signify the Mark of the King. As for the Dot in the middle I just thought it looks cool.
Old 2004-08-19, 04:58   Link #6
JERI

the design process can be considered somewhat scientific.

First you have to clearly identify what your trying to come up with. In your case, you subject is: (1) a demon (2) a royalty (3) and from your available description, a cool teenager.

Second is the character's "flavor". There can be multiple flavors to a subject. Think of them as an appandage to your identified subject - the add-on style, mood or influence (I've never got to find out myself, but I suppose a subject without a flavor will just be photo-realistic). The picture indicates you're trying to have manga as your flavor.

Then you're off to researching your subject and flavor, meaning you will be drawing/sketching some conventional demons. Depending on how much of the character's appearance will be showing signs of royalty or 'coolness', you may research only particular aspects of the subjects (crowns, bling blings, 'cool' clothes).

Personal creativity still plays an important part, but applying this process will help you come up with truly novel ideas you'll otherwise miss. You may come up with various designs for the same character using this process, just cut/paste to come up with the demon you wanted.

This is just a crude outline of the design process, try googling the topic or take up a design course. If you're trying to become a professional, getting familiar with this process is a must. But either case, you wanna make sure you're enjoying some fun designing instead of turning it into some bland and strenuous chore.
JERI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-19, 05:12   Link #7
harry kun
^^mangaka^^

Send a message via MSN to harry kun
Wink

dude ...its perfect the only thing you should change is his jacket .....try to do another ..........but your drawing is perfect^^x
harry kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-20, 02:37   Link #8
anime-otaku
Lazy Guitarist

Here is the Mother, she is very evil, she schemes with Jazek ( Shujans step father) To over throw shujan's throne. She is an oever all biatch...so....please help me out guys, what do you think?

Here is the NEW shujan, not much has really changed I like the clothes design, I added the Hoody, Change the Symbol on his gaunlet, removed the birthmark and changed his hair style, and simplify the vest just a little more. What do you think guys?

Last edited by anime-otaku; 2004-08-20 at 02:52.
Old 2004-08-20, 03:17   Link #9
Raxial
CG / Color

Send a message via AIM to Raxial
wow, really nice. Good command of proportion, pose, and perspective. I'd be interested to see where all this leads

as for the changes, I think they are all pretty much and inmprovement. I really like the new hair better, and the birthmark removal is a plus, too
Raxial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-20, 05:35   Link #10
Asura
should i stay longer?

Send a message via MSN to Asura
mommy needs bigger rack.. try 34EE... there's got to be something of the mom's that impress Jazek..
Old 2004-08-20, 19:16   Link #11
xfordained
you should die

"dont underestimate me just becuase im a kid" lol that just makes me laugh reminds me of so many anime it should becoem a clich

*the sign looks to dull now
xfordained is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-20, 19:35   Link #12
-Am!daMaru-

Yea the sign's kinda simple. Tommorow ill draw one a bit more "evil" and post it so you can go from there
-Am!daMaru- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-20, 22:24   Link #13
sumflip
(''\(=' . '=)/'')

Send a message via AIM to sumflip Send a message via MSN to sumflip
Damn...very nice. I Really like the new design, and i agree with xfordained about the symbol being a bit dull now. I think it would be cool to make the gauntlet look similar to something like those guys in black wore in The Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the ring . It may be just me but i think it would be cool with him with some kind of birthmark to make him more unique but that's just my OP. His mom looks nice too, maybe do something to make her look more evil. the pic you drew makes her look like a good guy :P . Keep up the good work, I'd like to see the finished results.
sumflip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-20, 23:20   Link #14
Raxial
CG / Color

Send a message via AIM to Raxial
yes, a guy with big boobs. I don't really see a guy in that
Raxial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-20, 23:41   Link #15
Scarface666

Thumbs up

i would like to request if u Shoeshefied could draw Dou's Gundam with dou in the pic as well, thanks
Scarface666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-20, 23:50   Link #16
Shoeshefied

Send a message via AIM to Shoeshefied
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface666
i would like to request if u Shoeshefied could draw Dou's Gundam with dou in the pic as well, thanks
*poof*

um wrong thread dood, its in Fanart Request. Try again ^ _^'..(where the hell did i came from)

well since im here,..whoaa that chicks a mom = **T , shes lookz gOod = ]**

*poof*
Shoeshefied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-23, 02:25   Link #17
get_a_life
hentai! banzai!

Send a message via AIM to get_a_life
thats mighty spiffy otaku! whats his personality like anyway? is it raw and energetic? slight bratty and rebellious? i like the skull shirt touch. how about a denim vest thats frayed on the edges and a little worn? i like the 1st shujan hair design. and tell me more about his gauntlet. does it suck in souls into a jewel? anyway this looks fun, mind if i give it a little whirl? XD

brb while i draw

BANZAI!! BANZAI!! BANZAI!!
get_a_life is offline   Reply With Quote