AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Download Help

Notices

Old 2004-08-17, 07:38   Link #1
shamanana

Errno 20?

Well, what can I say, I am a total newbie (or so I believe) so pardon my ignorance...
Usually I have no trouble solving my Errno... but this one is a pretty new one to me and can't seem to find it under FAQ or with a Search thingy either, so i figured somebody might have a reasonably logical answer...

By the way before I give you the whole Errno thing let me just say that I am using Safari and Firefox browsers and Tomato and Azureus bittorrent clients and the result was always the same.

So, the message in the bottle is:

Couldn't allocate dir - (Errno 20) Not a directory: '/Users/name/Desktop/
Error: FutureBoyConan_(HayaoMiyazaki)_23-26.torrent

This being the last batch from the series (that I just finished downloading(well, not really)) is kind of frustrating.
Plus, I can see there are seeders for this batch, and leechers too
So, if anyone can tell me how they are managing and I can't I would more than appreciate it. Thank you very much in advance for any kind of helpful hint.

A very very sad downloader
shamanana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-17, 11:36   Link #2
anime_layer
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via ICQ to anime_layer
Do you get the same error with both BT clients?
Did you try saving the batch to another location?
This seems to be either a bug with the client or something with the filesystem.
Old 2004-08-17, 14:36   Link #3
firstian

This is a simple problem, when you selected a location to download, you accidentally selected a file. Since you can't create a directory in a file, it failed. I noticed that it only happens with batch torrents. So when the dialog shows up, make sure *nothing* is selected because you kit OK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanana
Well, what can I say, I am a total newbie (or so I believe) so pardon my ignorance...
Usually I have no trouble solving my Errno... but this one is a pretty new one to me and can't seem to find it under FAQ or with a Search thingy either, so i figured somebody might have a reasonably logical answer...

By the way before I give you the whole Errno thing let me just say that I am using Safari and Firefox browsers and Tomato and Azureus bittorrent clients and the result was always the same.

So, the message in the bottle is:

Couldn't allocate dir - (Errno 20) Not a directory: '/Users/name/Desktop/
Error: FutureBoyConan_(HayaoMiyazaki)_23-26.torrent

This being the last batch from the series (that I just finished downloading(well, not really)) is kind of frustrating.
Plus, I can see there are seeders for this batch, and leechers too
So, if anyone can tell me how they are managing and I can't I would more than appreciate it. Thank you very much in advance for any kind of helpful hint.

A very very sad downloader
firstian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-17, 16:12   Link #4
shamanana

Totally... Like, after reading your suggestions I tried once again downloading with both clients and got the very same result. And yes, I did try downloading to a different location before and still the same error would occur. And I did a whole lot of batch downloads in the past with no problems whatsoever.
And, I tried a different strategy. I opened a new empty folder in a different location. Like a charm. And did the same thing for the other client. And once again the download started right away. It seems that as long as there is no .torrent file (the one that I want to download) in the folder I am dowloading to everything is fine.

But still, this is so weird, this never created problems in the past. Why now? Why only with this one particular file and not all of them, batch or single files? I still don't get it.

Well, thanks for your help guys, without it I wouldn't make it. Thanks again.
shamanana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-17, 16:48   Link #5
anime_layer
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via ICQ to anime_layer
I just had a look at the Future Boy Conan batches I still had on my disk and noticed that some of the batch-torrent folders have the exact same name as the original torrent file, with the ".torrent" extension.
If you have the torrent file in a folder and want to save the batch there, the folder the client tries to create has the exact same name as the torrent file. Since both clients don't seem to handle that case well they give you that error.