AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Download Help

Notices

Old 2004-08-18, 12:15   Link #1
Darker
wannabe vet

Question Bittornado problem...

When I first started to use bittorrent I used the experimental bittorent client.
My download rates were very slow until I discovered I had to open up ports because I have a router and firewall. It went great from that time on.
Now I switched to Bittornado.
My ports are still open, but it keeps giving me a yellow light and not more than 5 kb/s download. So I'm back at my old situation from 2 years ago.

Does anybody know how to solve this problem? (or why it happened?)

tnx already

(I have bought a new modem because there was a lightning strike near my house, but I don't know If that has anything to do with my problem....)
Darker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-18, 13:19   Link #2
Kurz
Gao~ a sound for the ages

Location: I live in a relm of swirling of thought and emotion, Ever lost in the relm of infinite possiblities.
Hmm.... are you sure the ports that are open are the same between BitTornado and the router?

Also from what Shadow Said The ISP companies have began to block the regular BitTornado ports so forward something in the range 12000 - 50000 range.

Like 12000-12020
Kurz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-18, 16:12   Link #3
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Location: "And if thou doest not well, _Sin_ lieth at the door."- Genesis 4:7
WAveOfFire, wouldn't that just mean slower download/no download through those blocked ports with the bulb being green (since the speed got only throttled through those ports but you still get incoming data from firewalled people)?

Darker, did you install/uninstall something in the timeframe the bulb went from green to yellow, i.e. SP2 for WinXP which enable the Windows Firewall by default?
There is a little known provision in the Forum Rules that explicitly allows a moderator to remove any signature image that they believe to be inappropriate for any reason. That did not happen in this case because _Sin_ is so boring that he never even had a signature to remove anyway. So why is this text here? To attract attention of course - isn't that what a signature is for?
You can still find my Azureus Download Guide here

By all means, make sure to read this.
_Sin_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-18, 20:43   Link #4
Kurz

Location: I live in a relm of swirling of thought and emotion, Ever lost in the relm of infinite possiblities.
I have 12000 - 12100 open and forwarded and i still get Green lights.
Old 2004-08-19, 00:31   Link #5
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAveOfFire
I have 12000 - 12100 open and forwarded and i still get Green lights.
I'm happy about your green lights, but just for the record BT usually requires ports 6881-6889. Did you reconfigure your client to use those ports?

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-19, 00:42   Link #6
Kurz

I visit BitTornado forums a bit and In one post of Shadow (the guy who coded bittornado) He suggested all those having problems with their isp to forward in the ranges 11000-50000 to get around the isp blocking atemps.

So i just forwarded the ports like i posted above. It solved my problem instantly.
Old 2004-08-19, 02:29   Link #7
Darker
wannabe vet

_Sin_: I didn't install anything. I never had a geen light only a yellow one.

NoSanninWa: yes I use 6881-6889 ports.

WAveOfFire: I will try to change them to 12000 - 12100 and see If I get better results.

I will let you know if I get any progress, tnx for the replies!!
Old 2004-08-20, 16:46   Link #8
Darker
wannabe vet

I changed ports to 1200-1220, but It didn't help. No green light and no speed above 4 or 5 kb/s

any other suggestions?