AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2008-08-08, 16:06   Link #121
RedWing

Does anyone know the name of the opera type music that plays during the final battle of Turn A vs Turn x?
RedWing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-09, 01:43   Link #122
jonli
JONLIの憂'

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
Spoiler for i want kids:
Give them time, they only got together at the very end of the series.

And she's still not letting him sleep on the same bed as her. She seems like the kinda girl who'd be hard to get inside.

Old 2008-08-13, 20:53   Link #123
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonli View Post
Give them time, they only got together at the very end of the series.

And she's still not letting him sleep on the same bed as her. She seems like the kinda girl who'd be hard to get inside.

she is like belldandy of gundam
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-15, 14:35   Link #124
Mister Mister
Redshirt

the thing about Diana at the end of the series:
Spoiler:
Mister Mister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-15, 15:51   Link #125
jonli
JONLIの憂'

Realistically, a lunarian would most probably die when they are subjected to Earth's gravity.

Turn A obviously ignores this, or they might follow a similar solution to the Gundam 00 series. Where nanomachines, and advanced medical treatment nullifies all space defects.

And since nanomachines are pretty god damned advanced in the Correct Century, it is not impossible to think that this is the case.
Old 2008-09-11, 12:42   Link #126
nophone

Remind me of PLANETes. There is a girl who was born on the moon. She is very young but her appearance is about 20 years old because the effect of moon gravity and she can't go back to earth because her body can't stand the earth's gravity.
nophone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-10, 19:04   Link #127
frubam
singing heartbreak

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Though this is my 3rd time watching this anime all the way through, I am reminded just how much I hate Guin. He's just so gay . I hate Joseph too. What a prick.

I don't quite understand Loran at the end
Spoiler for end:

And what is the content of the Turn A movies? Are they just a condensed version of the TV series?
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-11, 17:38   Link #128
4Tran

Given the topic of the thread, I don't think that spoiler tags for the events in Turn A are absolutely necessary.
Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
I don't quite understand Loran at the end because I felt that he loved Sochie, but only had an infatuation/respect ideal from Dianna, yet he ends up going with Dianna.
Loran had been in love/infatuated with Dianna from the very beginning. He was drawn to Kihel because of her resemblence, and he never displayed any romantic tendencies towards Sochie.

Quote:
Or is my assumption that Dianna doesn't really like Loran romantically incorrect? It seems like Dianna would just as much be happy w/o Loran, and it should have been clear to her that Loran liked Sochie, since he kissed her right in front of Dianna. I just don't get it.
Dianna's feelings towards Loran are a little more nebulous, but they were strong enough for her to abdicate and to live a hermit-like existence with him. He might never mean as much as Will Game did to her, but it's probably not too far off.

Everyone involved knew that Sochie and Loran's kiss was a gesture of farewell - and that it didn't go any further than that on Loran's behalf.

Quote:
And what is the content of the Turn A movies? Are they just a condensed version of the TV series?
Yes. If you've watched the TV show, there isn't a whole lot of point in watching the movies.
Old 2009-02-11, 18:09   Link #129
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
Yes. If you've watched the TV show, there isn't a whole lot of point in watching the movies.
There may not be a point, though i'd still say they're worth a watch.

I watched the two movies just for the new pieces by Yoko Kanno.
Old 2009-02-15, 03:50   Link #130
Sander RX

The problem with Tomino's Big Bang theory is that other Gundam universes cant coexist with FC and it antics.
Sander RX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-15, 07:09   Link #131
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sander RX View Post
The problem with Tomino's Big Bang theory is that other Gundam universes cant coexist with FC and it antics.
Why not? Its not like other shows don't have superpowered humans who can survive falls from skyscrapers and such... Even a ten year old could outrun a truck in UC, right?
Old 2009-02-15, 07:52   Link #132
Sander RX

Quote:
Why not? Its not like other shows don't have superpowered humans who can survive falls from skyscrapers and such... Even a ten year old could outrun a truck in UC, right?
However,Master Asia dancing on the bullets mid-air and various techniques just make it too much.Unless some uber Minovsky phenomenon altered reality enough for just 1 timeline ..
Sander RX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-15, 10:32   Link #133
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I don't see why not. I mean if the second season hasn't been licensed already, then i'm pretty certain it will be anytime soon.
You can count on the second season being licensed. There would be no reason to license only half a show, and Bandai Entertainment has never made a distinction between the two seasons.

Quote:
There's actually an awful lot wrong with trying to shoehorn all the Gundam shows into that theory. That's why it's quite optional whether you want to buy it the way Tomino intended or not.
Old 2009-02-15, 11:28   Link #134
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
However,Master Asia dancing on the bullets mid-air and various techniques just make it too much.Unless some uber Minovsky phenomenon altered reality enough for just 1 timeline ..
Master Asia didn't dance on bullets, where did that come from? If you mean dodged bullets, they do that in like every show...

Anyway, its already been established that Gundam humans are not like those in real life, so its all good, isn't it?

Quote:
There's actually an awful lot wrong with trying to shoehorn all the Gundam shows into that theory. That's why it's quite optional whether you want to buy it the way Tomino intended or not.
There's nothing wrong with it as long as you use your imagination.
Old 2009-02-15, 17:30   Link #135
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
Master Asia didn't dance on bullets, where did that come from? If you mean dodged bullets, they do that in like every show...
Oh no, he quite literally hopped on and off the fired bullets when he first faced off against a Dark Army suit.
Old 2009-02-15, 19:37   Link #136
Dan the Man
Defeater of Robot Masters
*Artist

Location: Wherever YOU aren't. Thanks for not visiting... *Sniff*
Send a message via AIM to Dan the Man Send a message via MSN to Dan the Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Oh no, he quite literally hopped on and off the fired bullets when he first faced off against a Dark Army suit.
Don't forget that he actually caught two of them, and shoved them up the barrel of the Dark Army rifle, which somehow backed it up and made the whole suit explode. And let's not get started on what he does with a scarf...

Here we go, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UyDgMuVw5E

-----Chicks dig giant robots------

Last edited by Dan the Man; 2009-02-15 at 21:17.
Dan the Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-15, 23:01   Link #137
brightman
Ancient Member

Blah, so he can destroy mobile suits with a towel. So what? At least his not reading minds, predicting the future or using the spirits of the dead to create a shield of invincibility.
Old 2009-02-15, 23:05   Link #138
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran
There's nothing wrong with it as long as you use your imagination.
It's the other way around. The theory falls apart if you try to work out how it functions. If you don't think about it, you're not going to come across any obvious problems.
Old 2009-02-16, 00:56   Link #139
Okamidum
This is how CB rolls

Send a message via AIM to Okamidum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan the Man View Post
Don't forget that he actually caught two of them, and shoved them up the barrel of the Dark Army rifle, which somehow backed it up and made the whole suit explode. And let's not get started on what he does with a scarf...

Here we go, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UyDgMuVw5E
Gotta love the over powering scarf haha.
Old 2009-02-16, 09:06   Link #140
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
It's the other way around. The theory falls apart if you try to work out how it functions. If you don't think about it, you're not going to come across any obvious problems.
If you over-analyze any theory there would bound to be pitfalls. The best is to not think about these details too much. Turn A Bang can make sense if you want it to.