AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-11-30, 07:12   Link #721
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

Aargh... I placed an order from the Starter Set with DVDPacific nearly six weeks ago, but it hasn't shipped yet because the status of the Starter Set went "On Order" just after I placed my order (it was "Low Stock").

I asked about this earlier, and they replied they had no confirmation about whether the Starter Set is out of print or not. But that was tree weeks ago, so damn it, I'll ask them to replace it with the normal editio now!

And yeah, DVD versions are great. Chcocotto Sister isn't licensed yet, but if it were I'd get it too. Until that time I'm getting the R2 rips (I can't afford real R2s), and they have no more "Keep Out" banners
GHDpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-03, 12:03   Link #722
Question
Crossdresser

Does anyone know if it is possible to get the illustrations at the end of every episode? The one that is shown after the "This program was sponsored by......." message. They seem to be done by many different artists.
Question is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-03, 23:36   Link #723
Zhemos

Does anyone know if the starter set just has room to put the discs and not the actual dvd boxes?
Zhemos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-04, 00:28   Link #724
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Discs and cases, per the norm. Well, at least I'm assuming so, if not, there's going to be a whole lot of DVD's (like around 75 ).
Old 2006-12-04, 03:14   Link #725
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

The starter set includes a box for the entire DVD series (safely in their plastic containers) as well as a set of postcards and a little book to keep them in.

Crud.... the #2 volume of the DVDs is "on order" ... Hope its not a terribly long wait. At least I'm in the queue
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-06, 21:19   Link #726
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Update .... DVDPacific has the #2 back in stock (or at least enough for the backorders), they just notified me they shipped mine today.
Old 2006-12-07, 10:54   Link #727
Question
Crossdresser

I guess the illustrations at the end of each episode arent available then. Pity, some are really nice.

Im confused about something in the storyline here.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Question; 2006-12-07 at 12:28.
Question is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-07, 13:58   Link #728
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Its been long enough since I watched it (rewatching as the DVDs are released and I buy) that I can't remember the details but my recollection is that
Spoiler:

The director of the anime Shinbo took what is a much darker manga and shifted the material a bit into loony space for the anime (which made for a very good anime). I was very surprised at the darkness of the manga when I started reading it -- still a good story just different.
Old 2006-12-07, 20:08   Link #729
monir
cho~ kakkoii

I regard Moonphase as Shinbo's best work as of yet when it comes to TV series' directed by him. I just have to wait when all 25 episodes becomes available in one bundle so I can save some money. This series is really worth the buy.

On another note, I was very delighted when I heard he will be heeding Hidamari Sketch, an upcoming TV series in January, as the director. Very much looking forward to that!
Old 2006-12-07, 23:31   Link #730
Kensuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
I regard Moonphase as Shinbo's best work as of yet when it comes to TV series' directed by him. I just have to wait when all 25 episodes becomes available in one bundle so I can save some money. This series is really worth the buy.
Tsukuyomi was 26 episode series, right? Last episode was DVD-only release, but is it included in the R1 release?

My vol. 2 was shipped tuesday, and it should arrive early next week.
Kensuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-08, 01:08   Link #731
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensuke View Post
Tsukuyomi was 26 episode series, right? Last episode was DVD-only release, but is it included in the R1 release?
Technically, yes! The show finds its resolution in episode 25. Episode 26 is more of a standalone episode omake style, just better animated than the average omake, which explores how devilishly cute Art really can be. ^^

It will be interesting to see if the DVDs' will correct a lot of the animation flaw that were seen in episode 12? and 25? (I forgot the exact number.)
Old 2006-12-08, 01:20   Link #732
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
It will be interesting to see if the DVDs' will correct a lot of the animation flaw that were seen in episode 12? and 25? (I forgot the exact number.)
They did correct the flawed episodes on the R2 DVDs, and the R1 DVDs are the DVD version of the show. So... yes, they'll be fixed on the DVDs. (I'm thinking it's episode 24 or something, but I don't remember either... )
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-08, 01:25   Link #733
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
They did correct the flawed episodes on the R2 DVDs, and the R1 DVDs are the DVD version of the show. So... yes, they'll be fixed on the DVDs. (I'm thinking it's episode 24 or something, but I don't remember either... )
That is very good to know which also increases my confidence toward buying the DVDs... eventually. I'm just salivating by the mere thoughts of how good Elfriede must look in the DVDs.
Old 2006-12-19, 18:22   Link #734
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Just finished watched the second DVD, and oh boy the amount of changes from the TV version are pretty amazing - i'm gonna have to rewatch the second DVD just so i can notice them all again.

I was just wondering, 'cause i can't play R1 DVD's on my computer - could anyone be able to take a few screenshots of Elfriede from the DVD version of the series for me? Thanks if anyone can~

Last edited by Shiroth; 2006-12-19 at 18:32.
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-20, 01:41   Link #735
Kensuke

Here is a few I took, if you want a specific picture, just say the episode number and time or scene.
Spoiler:
Kensuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-20, 11:01   Link #736
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Here is a few I took, if you want a specific picture, just say the episode number and time or scene.
Spoiler:
Thanks a lot - these should do. I plan to rewatch the second DVD this week, so if i spot anymore i'll give you a shout. ^^;;
Old 2006-12-20, 14:32   Link #737
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Quote:
Spoiler:
Elfriede in a kimono with black hair is definitely hot But still, she looks much better in her natural ultra shiny golden blonde hair.
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-01, 05:50   Link #738
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Volume 3 is available for pre-order at DVDpacific.... they list it as "(UNCUT)" ... so I'm wondering what is in store for us either in blood or fanservice.
Old 2007-01-01, 06:49   Link #739
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
^ you mean we get actual red blood? oh and fanservice is a defin

oneesama~

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-11, 19:24   Link #740
Zhemos

Here's a picture of vol 3 I took for those who haven't got it yet. ^^

Only 4 postcards with this volume. I actually thought I got ripped off. The last two came with 5, but you get a post card for every episode, and there's 4 episodes on vol3. :P
Zhemos is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, kemonomimi, seinen