AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Forum & Site Feedback

Notices

Old 2003-12-03, 06:11   Link #21
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Even if the option was left in. It still needed to be turned on... and then off. It was the brownies that did it. They activated the option! Then they turned it off. They're trying to drive me insane, but it isn't working!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One
Somehow the thread gets more and more offtopic... and a mod is participating...
Actually, it isn't off-topic. We are still discussing the mysterious re-direct message. It is just that our theories concerning that message are getting more complicated. Perhaps you should pay more attention.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2003-12-03 at 06:21.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-03, 11:20   Link #22
Megane
Sleepy Head

Send a message via AIM to Megane Send a message via MSN to Megane
Well I was going to try an offer an explaination, but it appears that the redirect message has gone...

I was going to put it down to bad/lazy coding (by the vBulletin coders of course, not GHDPro et al), as such redirects (using the REFRESH property of a META tag) are often put in by people who haven't fully grasped how to do proper HTTP header-based redirects (which are transparent to the user), but, it's not there any more, so perhaps either it served another function (can't think what though) which has been turned off, or maybe the code has been repaired.

Sorry to bring things back on topic guys.
Old 2003-12-03, 11:53   Link #23
Cz
Needs more sleep~

I have seen those slow redirect pages for the past day or two as well. I'll know if it's gone once I post this message. EDIT: Yup the redirects are gone.

lwl12> 'brownie for NoSanninWa
ecchi-bot> You can run but you cannot hide.
Cz is offline   Reply With Quote