AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2010-04-01, 05:20   Link #101
Zhaxra

It's finished. My Sketch a Day for March 2010 project is done, and boy are my arms tired (I usually don't draw that often). I did miss 2-3 days (I spent one of those days doing inks for the Artists Alike and From Afar Perspective Jam so it's all good). Definitely did more than my normal 1-2 sketches a week.

Since this stared with Mio and Batman, I figured it's be fitting to end it with them as well.

Spoiler for finally an Anime style drawing... kinda ...sorta ...ok, not really, but it has Mio so it can't be all bad, can it?:

-Enjoy!
Old 2010-04-24, 08:13   Link #102
Zhaxra

Just finished colors on an older image. I for one would love to see a movie done by Production IG using these characters.

Spoiler for Crossover madness:

-Enjoy
Old 2010-05-04, 01:09   Link #103
Zhaxra

Some crossover ideas make so much sense, it's scary.

'The Softer Side of Skynet'
Spoiler for sing a song of death:

Last edited by Zhaxra; 2010-05-04 at 01:19.
Zhaxra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-09, 23:05   Link #104
Zhaxra

Haven't done a comic strip in a while, and 1up was having an impromptu contest so i thought I'd give it a go. May not make much sense if you are not a gamer.

Spoiler for More Juri!!:

-Enjoy!
Old 2010-05-19, 05:59   Link #105
Zhaxra

Just finished a quick digital pencil and ink practice (if you can call approx 2hrs. quick).

Spoiler for Please click. Pretty Please?:

-Enjoy!
Old 2010-05-23, 16:07   Link #106
Delitesco
Hobby Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhaxra View Post
Haven't done a comic strip in a while, and 1up was having an impromptu contest so i thought I'd give it a go. May not make much sense if you are not a gamer.

Spoiler for More Juri!!:

-Enjoy!

Haha! Great stuff going on here . I love it ^^
Old 2010-08-16, 07:02   Link #107
Zhaxra

@Delitesco: Really sorry for the late reply. Thanks! I liked doing that comic, and drawing Juri is always fun.

Just finished an image for an Xavier Jam over at DA. I apologize in advance for the lack of 'anime' style.
Spoiler for Xavier:

Done in Manga Studio Ex4.0 and a Wacom Intuos4 and it took approximately 1.6hrs.

Enjoy!
Old 2010-11-26, 07:05   Link #108
Zhaxra

Finally slapped some colors on my inks of 'The Softer Side of Skynet' that was posted earlier.

Spoiler for Oooo colors:

Hopefully Miku and her merry band of Terminators won't scare you away.
Old 2010-11-26, 21:59   Link #109
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhaxra View Post
Finally slapped some colors on my inks of 'The Softer Side of Skynet' that was posted earlier.

Spoiler for Oooo colors:

Hopefully Miku and her merry band of Terminators won't scare you away.
Hasta la vista baby! XD

Sorry, felt the need to say that. >.>
Old 2011-05-26, 16:16   Link #110
Zhaxra

Bloody 'ell

Wow, it's been a while, but here is an ink job I did recently. The pencils had been sitting on my hard drive for months.

This is the X-Men's Psylocke and Dazzler done in a pseudo 'Panty & Stocking' style.

Spoiler for image:

-Enjoy!
Old 2011-05-27, 19:31   Link #111
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Nice to see you back!

How's your arm going?
Old 2011-05-27, 20:29   Link #112
Zhaxra

Since the Docs finally discovered and began treatment of the problem, it's been a lot better.

I have Carpal Tunnel for sure, but I also had some muscle memory error due to an accident about 1.5 years ago (got hit by a golf ball in the back of the head - long story) that caused some muscles to not work correctly and make the remaining ones work hard till they failed. That in turned caused the tendons in my forearm to not do their job which gave the symptoms of inflamed nerves in my forearm and hand.
So after having constant pain and muscle spasms in my arm, it's really nice to be able to play games and draw longer than 15-30min intervals. I still get some pain from time to time, but it's mostly minor unless I type for extended periods.

I picked up a Logitech G13 Advanced Gameboard with programmable keys after some research. A lot of people who have Carpal Tunnel stat that this is not only comfortable but a allows them to do their work/gaming longer.

I still need to program it for Manga Studio and Photoshop, but it works great with Portal 2.

Thanks for checking up on me, and I'll try to continue that project this weekend. Sorry for the delay.
Old 2011-05-28, 18:09   Link #113
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Champe asked me to wich you a good and fast recovery, he says the world can't keep going on without your talent.
Old 2011-07-01, 07:48   Link #114
Zhaxra

Thanks, ER!

Did this for a X-Men Re-Design Jam. I was assigned Banshee. I went simple and sleek with the design (you don't want baggy clothes to hamper your flight capabilities).

Spoiler for Oooh shiny!:

-Enjoy!
Old 2011-07-01, 15:43   Link #115
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Looks great!
Old 2011-07-26, 15:58   Link #116
Zhaxra

@Evil - Much Mahalos! Glad you liked it. I now feel he's a tad bit too buff.

I also have two works which I just finished recently.

First up is a pin-up/cover for our own Evil Rick's Nanoha fan-comic. Would you believe I have never watched the show! That's probably an act of blasphemy on an Anime forum.

Spoiler for Big, really Big!:

I do apologize for the lack of anime feel to it. Also didn't use as much tones as I normally would as Evil said he'd color it. And he did a really bang up job on that!

Lastly, is another character for a X-Men Re-Design Jam (the same one that Banshee a few posts ago is from). This time it's Darkstar. Sadly most of the time I spent on the inking was lost when shrunken down for the web.

Spoiler for Oooh Shiny II:

-Enjoy!
Old 2011-08-07, 02:12   Link #117
Zhaxra

Just finished this for a Comic Cover Remake/Homage Jam.

Spoiler for 1080 high:

Medium: Manga Studio EX4.0 (Pencils, Inks, Text), PhotoShop CS3 (Title Text and Colors), Wacom Intuos4 Tablet
Time: Approx 19-24hrs.

-Enjoy!
Old 2011-09-30, 21:12   Link #118
Zhaxra

Trying out a quick 'political cartoon' style about the delay of Assassin's Creed Revelations for PC by Ubisoft. They've done this 5 or so times already!! *grrrr*
Old 2011-10-09, 08:18   Link #119
Zhaxra

Just finished primary inks for a Halloween/Horror jam using comic/manga characters. I'm using Armor from the X-Men anime series, but done in a more comicbook style.

Colors to come soon.. hopefully.
Old 2011-10-09, 14:56   Link #120
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Is the monster Brock from Planet Hulk?