AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Download Help

Old 2004-08-29, 13:49   Link #1
JustinY2K

BitTorrent trouble-timing out

When I try to download something with bitTorrent, the little download screen pops up. Then, it just sits there saying "connecting to peers" under the estimated time left line. Eventually, I get a pop up that says "problem connecting to tracker -< urlopen error (10060, 'Operation Timed Out')>"

Any help please?
JustinY2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-29, 14:48   Link #2
Yuiichi
Retired.

First of all, i don't have a solution for you at present. I can tell you what might be the problem, and hopefully that would help a bit.

Whats happening is similar when you go on the internet, and it times out. It trys to connect, but then the connection goes "stale", and times out. This might be caused by several things.

First of all, are you behind a firewall or router? That might be preventing you from sending any data out and recieving any data... which is preventing peers from connecting.

Also, what BT client are you using. I know that some trackers previously blocked Azureus... i don't think they do anymore (because i use Azureus, and have had no problems) but that might be a problem. From the sound of it, you are just using the standard client.

Try looking the the documentation of your client, and if it says anything about port forwarding if you have a router, do that. Also, if you have a software firewall, make sure you allow BT to connect to the internet.

Hope this helps!
Old 2004-08-29, 16:15   Link #3
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

It's also possible that the tracker you are trying to connect to is on the fritz. If you can download from other sites with BitTorrent, then it is probably them and all you can do is wait for them to fix the problem.

What are you trying to download?

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-09, 00:57   Link #4
RichMe1ster

Having the Same problem

I am also having the same problem, but it just seems to be either with animesuki or scary water, whatever i try to download anything such as Suzuka it tells me that the Operation is Timed Out,

I've done everything with my routher such as created a unique ip address for me computer, set up port forwarding to my bittorrent client which is the standard client. it seems when i upgraded my bittorrent, it started to have this problem so i reverted back to my old version but now it doesnt seem to work at all, from other torrent sites, my downloads are going over 100kb/sec so i havent the feintest idea what could be the problem, it seems there are many seeders and leechers for all the torrents im downloading and im the only one who is not able to download it.
RichMe1ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-09, 13:58   Link #5
DWKnight
Torrent Goon

Send a message via ICQ to DWKnight Send a message via AIM to DWKnight Send a message via MSN to DWKnight Send a message via Yahoo to DWKnight
Animesuki doesn't have its own tracker.

Does the problem happen with torrents that aren't on scarywater?
Old 2006-01-09, 14:52   Link #6
RichMe1ster

nope, I believe the problem is scarywater. all of my other downloads go 100 to 250 kb/sec
RichMe1ster is offline   Reply With Quote