AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Download Help

Old 2004-08-29, 21:46   Link #1
Jurassic

BT - freeze n stop, freeze n stop....etc

ok, i searched n searched but cant find someone with the same problem.

when i use bit torrent my downloads start off perfectly fine. for about 10 to 20 mins its going good, usually pretty fast.

but then it randomly freezes my pc for a few seconds...then the pc starts again....then freezes after a few more seconds.....then comes back and the problem carries on. i usually just restart and carry on from where i was.

but this happens absolutely every time which gets so annoying.

also....as it starts to freeze. the download speed gets slower and slower till it hits 0. and my internet stops working, turns off... i cant connect to anything

if someone knows how to fix this i would be so so grateful....
Old 2004-08-29, 22:49   Link #2
AnimeOni
Raid-the-mods

I had the same problem as you said on my laptop. the laptop had a wireless card and over time, the system will begin to freeze every 10 seconds until my Internet connection is lost. The culprit was the system not being able to keep the system cool. I installed Motherboard Monitor 5 and was able to confirm that my system began to crap out at 160F and the system did an emergency shutdown. I have an Intel chip so it runs hotter than an AMD chip.

What is your config?
________
VAPOR GENIE

Last edited by AnimeOni; 2011-03-05 at 11:41.
AnimeOni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-30, 00:08   Link #3
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Did either of you install SP2?

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-30, 00:46   Link #4
AnimeOni
Raid-the-mods

My problem happened way before SP2. I got one of those external fans pad from Targus for my laptop and that solved the problem for me. It was all due to overheating.
________
ARIZONA DISPENSARIES

Old 2004-08-30, 12:26   Link #5
Jurassic

aaww!! that makes a lot of sense. i had my computer over clocked. then i put it back to normal and now it happens less but still does. im going to install a better fan and see if that stops it completely.

thanks a lot, big help
Old 2004-08-30, 20:11   Link #6
AnimeOni
Raid-the-mods

No problem. I overclocked my old desktop and had to open my case and keep a fan on it.
________
Buy grinder

Old 2004-08-30, 20:22   Link #7
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Location: "And if thou doest not well, _Sin_ lieth at the door."- Genesis 4:7
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeOni
No problem. I overclocked my old desktop and had to open my case and keep a fan on it.
And I always thought that you would test the stability of the OC'ed system by torturing the CPU with programs that raise the CPU usage to 100% like Prime 95 and so on before deciding to stick with it...
There is a little known provision in the Forum Rules that explicitly allows a moderator to remove any signature image that they believe to be inappropriate for any reason. That did not happen in this case because _Sin_ is so boring that he never even had a signature to remove anyway. So why is this text here? To attract attention of course - isn't that what a signature is for?
You can still find my Azureus Download Guide here

By all means, make sure to read this.
_Sin_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-31, 00:04   Link #8
AnimeOni
Raid-the-mods

You could test it but what do you do with the results?

Many people who OC are mostly people who do not want to spend the extra $ - like me. I was a poor college student and I OC my system as much as possible. I could not spend the extra $15-20 (main reason for OC'ing the system). I had an extra fan in the room so I used it for the computer. I also did not mind an open case look (like those people who buy clear case).
Old 2004-08-31, 09:49   Link #9
Tennisprincess15
Keeper of the Rackets

Send a message via AIM to Tennisprincess15 Send a message via Yahoo to Tennisprincess15
Were you using BitTornado? I installed it, but had to uninstall it soon after because it would freeze my computer. The computer would stay frozen and I would have to restart it a couple of times b4 it was running properly agian. Does Bittornado have anything to do with it? Did it put a bad virus on my computer or something because this didn't happen until after I downloaded it.
Old 2004-08-31, 18:57   Link #10
AnimeOni
Raid-the-mods

There are 'hacked' version of BitTornados out there. Make sure you get the official release.

Also, are you running the stable release or exp release? If Exp, what build?
________
Buy Glass Bong

Old 2004-08-31, 22:24   Link #11
Jurassic

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeOni

haha yeh thats exactly what i had to do! iit got quite dusty though

yesterday i put in a nice new fan...its like twice the size as the crappy default one that came with my amd processor i've had no problems at all so far....