AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Old 2004-08-31, 02:47   Link #41
gangsta905_04
AnimeSuki's #1 criminal

Send a message via MSN to gangsta905_04
but we can say that uchiha's are geniuses...bcuz of wut kakashi sed in episode16 wen fighting zabuza
gangsta905_04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-31, 03:02   Link #42
socomberetta
Dreaming of you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gangsta905_04
but we can say that uchiha's are geniuses...bcuz of wut kakashi sed in episode16 wen fighting zabuza
I believe all Uchihas are inherently talented in the ninja arts because of their ubringing and genes.

"He who thinks only about himself destroys himself as well." ~ Kambei
socomberetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-31, 06:19   Link #43
srb
I can see time itself!

Send a message via MSN to srb
That doesn't mean they are geniuses though.

It's not like they are Spartan hoplites and are drilled from morning to night, the Uchiha clan would be like any other group of people with different persons having different talents and abilities.

Also, I was under the impression that Kakashi meant that Sasuke was a genius from the Uchiha clan, not that he was a genius [b]because[/i] he was an Uchiha.
srb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-31, 06:28   Link #44
Nine Devil
Master(Vicious)'s Padawan

Well, all of you believe that Uchiha clan is the strongest clan in the whole Naruto universe. But when you hear Itachi slaughtered them at age 13, you all start whining.

Ever taught of this

-Itachi was the genuis of his generation in the clan who was praised as the genuis and best clan of all there is.

-Everybody praised him not only his clan but all his teachers and others.

The big part comes now

Spoiler:

There goes the uchiha clan.
Old 2004-08-31, 06:55   Link #45
socomberetta
Dreaming of you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srb
That doesn't mean they are geniuses though.

It's not like they are Spartan hoplites and are drilled from morning to night, the Uchiha clan would be like any other group of people with different persons having different talents and abilities.

Also, I was under the impression that Kakashi meant that Sasuke was a genius from the Uchiha clan, not that he was a genius [b]because[/i] he was an Uchiha.
I never said they were geniuses.

"He who thinks only about himself destroys himself as well." ~ Kambei
socomberetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-31, 07:49   Link #46
srb
I can see time itself!

Send a message via MSN to srb
I know you didn't say that, but *some* might get the impression that you did so I thought I'd add my two cents.
srb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-31, 12:43   Link #47
gangsta905_04
AnimeSuki's #1 criminal

but how can any1 fite against wut kakashi sed that episode...*sasuke has that blood flowing thru his veins, the blood of that genius uchiha clan*...or w/e
Old 2004-08-31, 18:01   Link #48
Voltage
若い雷

Send a message via AIM to Voltage
I wonder if Itachi has accidently used tsukuyomi on himself by staring into a mirror.
Voltage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-31, 19:04   Link #49
onizero

ahahaha! using tsukuyomi into a mirror on himself is really funny!

but i dont think anything will happen if he "accidentally" used it on himself. since the user of that technique controls whatever happens in that tsukuyomi world.

i think in the naruto anime, geniuses are determined based on their performance, their techniques as well as their reflex on situations.

sasuke to me......well he is somewhat a genius, after seeing him using his Shishi Rendan(Lion Combo).
onizero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-31, 19:28   Link #50
FearTheMullet

Sasuke is a Genius, if you say Nejis a genius then what makes Sasuke not a genius? Neji is a genius because of his blood (basically) "No one has inherited the Hyuuga blood as thick as neji" old man Hiashi said to little Hanabi (or soemthing along those lines). The Hyuuga and Uchiha are genius households. There are other geniuses born in the world (Kakashi, the Hokages, Rock Lee is said to be a genius by Kakashi "It takes more then determination to open 5 gates, could this kid be a genius?"). I think it owuld be safe to say the Uchiha clan was run similar to the Hyuuga. Being a clan with an "elite" jutsu (Sharingan) I'm positive they trained hard every day to make sure there was always a few really powerfull shinobi for each generation to keep the Uchiha a feared and revered clan. Just like in the Hyuuga house they have a a Clan head (Hiashi, is the "leader" of the Head and Branch basically) I'm sure there was an Uchiha who was the "leader". Both clans would be very militaristic and regimented to ensure all its offspring were better then the average born in the village.
FearTheMullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-01, 00:50   Link #51
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearTheMullet
Sasuke is a Genius, if you say Nejis a genius then what makes Sasuke not a genius? Neji is a genius because of his blood (basically) "No one has inherited the Hyuuga blood as thick as neji" old man Hiashi said to little Hanabi (or soemthing along those lines). The Hyuuga and Uchiha are genius households. There are other geniuses born in the world (Kakashi, the Hokages, Rock Lee is said to be a genius by Kakashi "It takes more then determination to open 5 gates, could this kid be a genius?"). I think it owuld be safe to say the Uchiha clan was run similar to the Hyuuga. Being a clan with an "elite" jutsu (Sharingan) I'm positive they trained hard every day to make sure there was always a few really powerfull shinobi for each generation to keep the Uchiha a feared and revered clan. Just like in the Hyuuga house they have a a Clan head (Hiashi, is the "leader" of the Head and Branch basically) I'm sure there was an Uchiha who was the "leader". Both clans would be very militaristic and regimented to ensure all its offspring were better then the average born in the village.

Agreed. Except for ONE thing, Neji learned mostly everything about the byagukan by himself. He learned the Kaiten, he learned the 64 chakra points to hit, ALL by himself. Those were considered like the ultimate waza for the byagukan and the guy managed to come up with it by himself. Is it any wonder I consider him a genius? Then you look at Sasuke, Sasuke hasn't really learned anything that amazing by himself. He has been helped, taught with most of his jutsus.

And I don't think Neji is a genius because of his blood. What Hiashi is saying is that Neji is the most talented he has seen so far and worthy of the clan name.

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-01, 01:05   Link #52
Voltage
若い雷

Send a message via AIM to Voltage
An easy way to counter a sharingan user....

Carry a mirror. Now let's see Itachi try to use tsukuyomi on you.
Voltage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-01, 01:28   Link #53
knubbe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltage
An easy way to counter a sharingan user..

Carry a mirror. Now let's see Itachi try to use tsukuyomi on you.
Then he'll just Amaterasu you
knubbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-01, 11:59   Link #54
Nine Devil
Master(Vicious)'s Padawan

Quote:
Originally Posted by knubbe
Then he'll just Amaterasu you
Lol, that would be funny.

Picture this: Orochimaru with a mirror standing in front of Itachi.

Oro: Hahaha Try to beat me now, you punk. Anti-tsukuyomi!

Itachi *Blinking his eyes*

*Ashes of Oro*

Itachi: Need to find Naruto

Old 2004-09-01, 16:37   Link #55
gangsta905_04
AnimeSuki's #1 criminal

is it possible for geniuses to die?
Old 2004-09-01, 18:58   Link #56
onizero

of course they'll die. the 3rd is considered the genius among the 5 kages and also a genius in jutsus available in konoha, where is he now? too bad he had to go.......

sasuke is a genius but i doubt he's as hard working as either neji or lee. he's like taking everything and everyone for granted just because he is the last survivor of the uchiha clan and has the sharingan.
onizero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-01, 23:51   Link #57
Ori

Send a message via AIM to Ori
I wouldn't exactly say Sasuke is not hardworking. He practice a lot. You don't see him practicing that much just because he ends up unconscious half the time in the manga and his training is just not that interesting when he does not have an interesting teacher.

Life lesson #146180: girls love pyromaniacs
Ori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-02, 01:41   Link #58
CyberPunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by onizero
sasuke is a genius but i doubt he's as hard working as either neji or lee. he's like taking everything and everyone for granted just because he is the last survivor of the uchiha clan and has the sharingan.
if you've read the latest chapters involving sasuke, you'd see just how much of a hardworker he is. i'm referring to when he was a little kid trying to catch up to itachi(passing out from shuriken training, working all day at that katon move). just because the anime doesn't show him training doesn't mean he's not constantly working himself. oh yea, and that last comment of yours is totally ridiculous.
CyberPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-02, 03:13   Link #59
ShinuTokiMade

Hi, new poster at this forum...but been watching/reading Naruto for a while now. Just a general warning...although I've tried my best to keep spoilers at a minimal, there are still lots of hints here and there.

I think that Kakashi line to Zabuza might have simply meant Sasuke is from a clan renowned for its ability and consistency to produce great shinobi. I definitely believe that Neji is a true Genius in the sense that he mastered all those techniques by himself. That's one kind of genius...Another kind is Shikamaru's genius (mentally). Rock Lee is also a genius; I mean look at how surprised Kakashi was that this kid could open up 5/8 gates. There are different kinds of geniuses...and I have to say that by the series' definition (nevermind ours, or dictionary definition) of genius: most of the obviously exceptional characters shown are geniuses.

This particular generation of Konoha shinobis are very talented. Consider the Chuunin exam...a large amount of first/second year genins from konoha made it. Basically, what Kishimoto is saying is that: "Here is a generation of kids who can change the world." If he wrote on what happened to the genins a year ago...or two years ago, it probably would have been boring. To understand the world in Naruto, we have to understand that what is "happening" is an extraordinary (even by Naruto standards) chain of events and situations. I mean how else can you have say...Gaara and Naruto both born in the same year, both with "monsters" inside them, etc, etc. And that's only two characters.

So nevermind what our definition of genius is...by the series' definition, most of the shinobis, including Naruto, Sasuke, Itachi, Neji, Lee, Shikamaru, Kakashi, the Hokages, Sannins, are all geniuses. But even look at that previous list...most of the geniuses are the new generation of 12-13 year olds. The other geniuses are spread out between age groups. [I know I missed a lot in that list though]

The beginning of the show can't be a judge of who or who isn't a genius either. For example Naruto was last in his class at the beginning, but he's obviously a "genius" of hardwork, stamina and though he doesn't usually act like it...he comes up with pretty good tactics that win the fight. He's progressively improved. Pretty much at any point in the series, he'd win the "Most Improved" Award.

Ok, now my opinion on Itachi/Sasuke and the Uchiha clan:

I think that Itachi was, as many pointed out, a genius of geniuses and a product of extreme circumstances. His father was a huge icon in the clan, head of the police force (I think? or some other very high position). He grew up *needing* to be the best...and basically that messed him up mentally. He even got a whole other level of sharigan (won't dicuss how for spoiler purposes). And I think that sharingan was the key to him beating up, what I believe to be many other geniuses. Like he showed with Kakashi, mangekyou sharingan vs sharingan is a pitiful matchup.
Spoiler:
So it doesn't matter if he fought the clan 4 at a time or 30 at a time.

Plus, sharingan users rely a lot on their eyes...unlike Gai who said that he trained specifically to counter Kakashi's sharingan. So Itachi's mangekyou > Uchiha clan, especially since they didn't know what/it was coming. In my opinion, although not all were geniuses, there were definitely more than the usual % of a clan. So naturally they get the reputation of being a genius clan.

And about the hardworking thing...I'd rank them as Lee/Naruto, then Neji, then Sasuke for the genins. They all work hard...but consisently? Gotta give that to Lee, Naruto's a close, if not equal for that. I admit that they can only show so much...but from their character, you can tell who works hard/harder than the other. Many times, because of Sasuke's superior bloodline/genes, he'll master things like chakra control a whole lot faster than Naruto, so he has time to spare/waste.

If Sasuke had Lee's initiative and self-training attitude, he probably would have learned a whole lot more Jutsus than the single Chidori that he constantly has to rely on later on. Eg. Sasuke vs Gaara. Although you have to admit...he isn't as exposed to danger, and different environments that Kakashi probably did to obtain those 1000+ Jutsus (like when he copied Water-Clone no Jutsu).
ShinuTokiMade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-02, 03:21   Link #60
CyberPunk

i think it probably evens out for neji, sasuke and naruto. neji and sasuke do not have a chakra demon infecting their chakra reserves, so they -can't- possibly train as much as naruto. so neji and sasuke learn things faster than naruto, but they don't have the capacity to train as much as naruto, thus balancing out. lee, on the other hand, is a nutcase. he's the hardest working man in konoha, no doubt in my mind. no one comes close to him.
CyberPunk is offline   Reply With Quote