AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2004-09-03, 20:38   Link #21
TerryMathews

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcasteak
Edit: Okay, apparently you get a dark point for killing allies; I'm not so sure what exactly how it penalizes the character...but it can't be a good thing.
Actually (and I'm being obtuse here to avoid spoilers), there are certain 'skills' that can be acquired only by a character accumulating a lot of Dark points.
TerryMathews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-06, 11:19   Link #22
Sanjuronord
セクシーなパイロット

Yay! Got the last copy at Best Buy yesterday! Had to drive an hour to get it since none of the stores in town stocked it (same as disgaea) but it's so worth it. Love the little character animations. Going to take along time to learn everything in this game, but that's half the fun. Graphics aren't great, but I knew that before I bought it same as disgaea, the graphics are sufficient. Doesn't need 3d graphics or flashy FF cutscenes for what it is.
Sanjuronord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-07, 00:52   Link #23
AnAlPedoFileMan
hey there lil girlie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryMathews
Actually (and I'm being obtuse here to avoid spoilers), there are certain 'skills' that can be acquired only by a character accumulating a lot of Dark points.
to my knowledge there's only one skill to obtain from that method, and theres an easier way to get that skill too. simply steal Shiva when u reach that point in the story.
AnAlPedoFileMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-09, 23:13   Link #24
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Yah, I'm going with Shiva...it's not worth it as I'm not interested in raising a granny (or wasting a population on one). >_>;;

Must...kill more...BottleMails...I'm still only stuck with one so now I'm having a bit of trouble stealing Raphale's Helio. x_x

As for the stackin' bonus, I've only gotten the 2nd goal by stacking my weapons as well (the long swords don't worth much in height but are good 'steps'). I really should've done the bonus a lot earlier in the game because the triple-digit rewards are too insignificant right now for the effort.

Yes, I'm lazy.

Last edited by sarcasteak; 2004-09-09 at 23:32.
sarcasteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-10, 01:43   Link #25
AnAlPedoFileMan
hey there lil girlie

just stole this bit of info from another board out there, but if u wanna make more bottlemails and even prinnies(!!!) u gotta cycle through the list of dungeons from the dungeon monk. e.g. press X on create then if enemy type isnt Weird then u cancel, then u would rinse lather then repeat till it shows up. basically wut u would want to do it hit X,O,X,O,X,O, etc. until ur quick eyes and fingers can stop on Weird.

btw if u think u missed it like three time or wutever, i missed that dungeon like 15 times last nite...
Old 2004-09-10, 10:41   Link #26
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Yesterday I was doing stuffs at phastom isle. And I accidently hit the R2 button and discover what it does..... OMG the carnage! XD

...... I was having too much fun.
Old 2004-09-11, 06:38   Link #27
sarcasteak
WAHA~

I don't think BottleMails are ever in the story battles, so the only way is to go through random dungeons...but it takes FOREVER to cycle for a good' weird' dungeon since my army's average level is still fairly low (and I don't have those horrendous Rank 0 titles yet to make the dungeons easier). >_<

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secca
Yesterday I was doing stuffs at phastom isle. And I accidently hit the R2 button and discover what it does..... OMG the carnage! XD

...... I was having too much fun.
Ah yes...I think it was the Round House and this other attack.

Marona: Boo! >_<
Titlist: Title: Rest in Peace
Healer: Who's going to heal the healer?!

Good stuff, good stuff. XD
Old 2004-09-11, 07:40   Link #28
AnAlPedoFileMan
hey there lil girlie

try holding the changebook and press R2...
Old 2004-09-12, 12:16   Link #29
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnAlPedoFileMan
LOL now it's Marona's turn to smack Ash with a fish.

"this is what happen if I make breakfast for you and you don't eat it."

can you post more stuffs about the phantom isle events? ^^
Old 2004-09-12, 17:23   Link #30
AnAlPedoFileMan
hey there lil girlie

sure ill post more stuff if i find it or if i hear about it from sumone else. but lately i got nuthin new to share :/

anybody watch the demos for this game(let the title screen sit for awhile), supposedly there is this Uber Ash demo and its said to be crazy, but i havent seen it yet.
Old 2004-09-12, 23:43   Link #31
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnAlPedoFileMan
Ohhhhhhhhhhh you have to hold the Changebook...I misunderstood and thought I was supposed to hold the Changebook via the roundhouse attack; no wonder I couldn't get it right!

When loli fights back... XD
It sure took quite a while for my Marona (without weapon) to "push over" Ash.

Ash: Marona, ready to get down on your knees again?
Marona: Quit picking on me just because I'm a cute defenseless girl! Now you die! >_<
Old 2004-09-13, 03:36   Link #32
TrueKnight

Just finished Star Ocean 3 and currently playing this dope around 3 hours. Damn leveling and especially earning money....is HARD. Any tips?, I'm only around Chapter 1 Eps 3 - 2 btw? And what chars should I make? Currently I have 2 fighters (Ash and a female fightet), one merchant, two healers (including Marona), one witch, one fusionist, one blacksmith, one soldier, and one dungeon monk. And for the love of god, does leveling crappy weapons like Vain Widesword etc and then fuse it is really worth it?

btw, this game rocks.
TrueKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-13, 04:22   Link #33
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Fusing is expensive early in the game, you get little mana from the items. I didn't start fusing until I'm on episode 9 to 12. I just collecting junks and fuse the mana for later, I saved them for Exp Riser and Mana Monger. Those are really usefull for everyone even until the end. Or if you want money, you can sell them.

It get better later on. The higher the level of items the more expensive they are and the more mana they have. Right now I'm on episode 14 to 15 and the junks can be sold around 8k to 60k per piece, and I usually collect all the junks in the battlefield I'm pretty much set on money. ^^

I used to level my weapon but they got retired as soon there is a new model out. Fusing is like breaking out of the mold, you get this standard weapons from the vendor, but if you fuse them, you can make it many times better and stronger. Like some items have negative stats, but with fusing you can make them go possitve, etc. ^^
Old 2004-09-13, 14:49   Link #34
AnAlPedoFileMan
hey there lil girlie

*ahem* the title "Failure" should be ur key to easy leveling...
Old 2004-09-14, 07:46   Link #35
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Lol, I just complete the episodes. ^^
Spoiler for After the end:
Old 2004-09-16, 06:16   Link #36
TrueKnight

How do I acquired the title "Failure"? Please, much help will be appreciated.
Old 2004-09-16, 14:16   Link #37
LiQuid|J
Pantsu Faito!

Just go to Marona's create phantom menu, and browse around until you find one. Don't get discouraged if it takes you a while to get one though. Sometimes it can take me up to 5 minutes to find one. Crappy is also a decent title too. It's 10% less effective, but it still gets the job done. ^^
LiQuid|J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-18, 01:17   Link #38
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKnight
And what chars should I make? Currently I have 2 fighters (Ash and a female fightet), one merchant, two healers (including Marona), one witch, one fusionist, one blacksmith, one soldier, and one dungeon monk.
Soldier is worthless until your other people have enough mana for the Energy Saver. I recommend at least two mages and eight fighters so you can handle longer battles. Fusionist counts as a mage if you give her enough physical magic skills.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKnight
And for the love of god, does leveling crappy weapons like Vain Widesword etc and then fuse it is really worth it?
I don't know, I've stuck with my initial weapons for quite a while; I just use them in combat a lot to level them up, and when possible fuse stuffs like rocks or weed with them to upgrade. When I only want to fuse a particular skill (say, Hurricane Slash) to a character, I just buy a low level sword that comes with that skill from merchant instead of sacrificing my actual weapons.
Old 2004-09-18, 01:58   Link #39
TrueKnight

Damn "Failure Dungeon" title makes this game pathetically easy. Just 30-50 minutes and I'm already level 60ish, wtf. But my Marona was being an ass in her levelings.

Thx for the tips dude, LiQuid|J .

Knights, Owl Knights and Archers just plain rocks.
Old 2004-09-18, 03:27   Link #40
AnAlPedoFileMan
hey there lil girlie

u can also use "Failure" to help power up lower lvl weapons/items, basically stick the title on the item u want to power up then take a higher lvl item and fuse it onto the Failure item. i suggest u power up speed and attack in that order since speed is alot more important in this game.

also im sure u noticed that while lvling in a Failure Dungeon u see random skills plugged into the title, just so u know ur character can learn that skill w/out the need for fusing and transfering. just make sure u finish the dungeon to get the Failure title back, then exchange the Failure to a character u want to learn a skill from then go to an easy map like 1-1 and use that skill until it reaches lvl 1, now go back and get ur character's original title back then check ur character's status window and bammo a newly acquired skill. btw there is one skill ONLY obtainable through dungeon running and it's Thor's Axe. btw its quite rare too.

also certain titles can only be found in dungeons and since Failure Dungeon do not affect items at all, its a good thing to make a couple or so Bottle Mails for item taking runs. titles like "Lord" or "Oni" which come with desireable and powerful attacks like Calamity Drive and Winged Slayer from Disgaea can only be found on certain floors of dungeons. ill post more on this later on.