AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Negima

Notices

Old 2006-07-08, 12:33   Link #181
da3mon

does anyone know the song from episode 13 when negi leaves the schooll...The indian song from the background...Anyone pelase, could you tell me the anme of the song or artist...Or could someone send it via email ?...please.
da3mon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-11, 10:55   Link #182
eggplant
Eggplant

The release date for the Negima!Spring OVA DVD has been announced, scheduled for October 25th.

Cover price is 4,725, which is on the expensive side for a 30 minute feature, although it will contain a separate DVD which includes voice acting recording shots, and footage from the premiering screening.

The release date is subsequent to the initial airing of the new Negima!? TV series, which is a good marketing ploy on the part of Starchild, where effective advertising can be utilized. The interval until the DVD release will also boost sales of the limited edition of tankoubon volume 15, which contains a digest of the Spring OVA, barring that pre-orders have already been closed.

Thus, I would take the OVAs to be at best, a pilot to the new season, despite the late releases (I would consider it lucky for the Summer OVA to be released within this year).

Yuri de yuri de yuriyuri ne!--Tsunomoto Rein

eggplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-11, 12:48   Link #183
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggplant
The release date for the Negima!Spring OVA DVD has been announced, scheduled for October 25th.

Cover price is 4,725, which is on the expensive side for a 30 minute feature, although it will contain a separate DVD which includes voice acting recording shots, and footage from the premiering screening.
So, any chance of the OAV containing some additional extras as well, since some of us are waiting for the release of the manga version of
Spoiler:
Old 2006-07-11, 15:30   Link #184
Red_eyes

I'm not sure if this has been posted yet, but does anyone know what manga chapter the anime ends at?
Red_eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-12, 11:36   Link #185
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_eyes
I'm not sure if this has been posted yet, but does anyone know what manga chapter the anime ends at?
The manga is still running in Shounen Weekly Magazine (currently, it's at chapter 142).
Old 2006-07-12, 11:43   Link #186
rooboy
Umeboshi!

I think he means where can he start reading the manga to pick up after the anime.

The problem is that the anime changes stuff at it's end rather radically from what happened in the manga. Even before that lots of changes were made to how stories were presented or what order they were included in. So, unfortunately, I don't think there's really a good answer. The end of the field trip arc was volume 6 (I believe), but lots of things happened differently throughout the field trip arc (as shown by the fact that it was three volumes of the first six in the manga, and little more than a blip in the anime).
Old 2006-07-12, 19:52   Link #187
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I'd hesitate to even try and map the anime with the manga much past the first few books. Way too much is re-arranged, deleted, added, and changed.

You're better off just starting with volume 1.

So far, *nothing* has happened that remotely relates to the way the last few episodes of the anime went (okay.. maybe in a Twilight Zone sort of way).

I've just decided to treat them as two entirely separate stories that happened to use the same characters (which is why I tend to call the anime "Negima Alternative").
Old 2006-07-12, 20:20   Link #188
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

The Anime version of the Ghost episode is much better than the Manga one IMHO.

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-12, 20:28   Link #189
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbin
The Anime version of the Ghost episode is much better than the Manga one IMHO.
For me, it was mainly thanks to the music.
Old 2006-07-13, 00:54   Link #190
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

yeah, i agree about the Sayako "ghost" ep... its the one saving grace of the anime. I was rather disappointed by the manga version in comparison.
Old 2006-07-15, 12:40   Link #191
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx
yeah, i agree about the Sayako "ghost" ep... its the one saving grace of the anime. I was rather disappointed by the manga version in comparison.
Yeah, there's just no feeling in the manga chapter.. strange seeming as though it came first before the episode.

Ah well~
Old 2006-07-15, 12:59   Link #192
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I'm also noting the advert blurbage for this fall's Negima uses a lot of "new interpretation" and other noises that seem to indicate we should expect major revisions and reinterpretations of events.
In other words, they caught a lot of flack about the revisionism in the first season, but plan to do it again and are warning you ahead of time to mitigate the frustration.

I guess I don't mind it so much if they throw the flag up ahead of time but the question is *why* do they think its necessary when the manga story itself isn't so bad. They could spend the entire season on the festival arc with a bang up finish without much change.
Old 2006-07-16, 12:18   Link #193
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx
I'm also noting the advert blurbage for this fall's Negima uses a lot of "new interpretation" and other noises that seem to indicate we should expect major revisions and reinterpretations of events.
In other words, they caught a lot of flack about the revisionism in the first season, but plan to do it again and are warning you ahead of time to mitigate the frustration.

I guess I don't mind it so much if they throw the flag up ahead of time but the question is *why* do they think its necessary when the manga story itself isn't so bad. They could spend the entire season on the festival arc with a bang up finish without much change.
First off, the problem with Xebec's "revision" of Negima had to do with the fact that Xebec:
1. focused mostly on the "harem" aspect and all but ignored the "fantasy" aspect;
2. butchered the Kyoto arc by cutting out everything that made that arc go great.

In other words, Xebec took most of what made Negima so great and turned it into another "harem" title. However, from what we're getting from the early reports on the show, it looks like SHAFT's version of Negima will not only have some more fights but will also
Spoiler for for those who haven't read the manga:

As for why they don't follow the manga story directly, there's two reasons for that:

1. The Mahora Festival Arc is still going on in the manga. Plus, considering it's length, it would be hard to fit the entire arc into a 26-episode show. Hence, it's probably better to avoid doing that arc for now (although a few storylines from that arc
Spoiler:
that could work well outside of it);
2. Personally, I liked some of the variations that Xebec did to some of the stories that they covered in the original series (i.e. Chisame and Sayo's story, the episode where Nodoka confesses her love to Negi). Hence, some originality can help improve the story or make them as good as the original story.

Anyways, when it comes to the new series of Negima, I'll wait until the show airs before I make my official decision. However, as long as they keep in mind some of the main plot points from the original manga (i.e. all the people that Negi has Pactios with before the Mahora Festival arc begins), I don't mind the "original take" that the story may have.
Old 2006-07-16, 16:17   Link #194
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

No disagreements with any of those thoughts --- other than Xebec failed to even write a decent "harem" anime... they just failed on too many counts.
Old 2006-07-16, 17:12   Link #195
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Its easy to see that they placed way to much of the original source into one, and at the same time missed out the main important things there are to see in the story.
Old 2006-07-21, 02:29   Link #196
musicgal

i'm nt sure whether i'm abusing or anything but

NEGI looks so cool when he's 15 !!!

and sadly i cannot find any nice wallpapers of negi and asuna together

anybody can help me out with this one???

i hope mahou sensei negima has season 2 because the comic's is getting more and more happening!!
musicgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-21, 11:49   Link #197
ImClueless
Rawr

Actually season 2 is coming this fall! However, I don't know whether it will be a continuation of season1 or a retelling of the stories since different studio is producing it.
ImClueless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-21, 12:21   Link #198
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
^ wow where did you get that info from? i need more negi -.-

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-21, 12:32   Link #199
ImClueless
Rawr

I thought the season 2 information was posted earlier in the thread? Or in the new announced anime thread? I swear I read it somewhere on this site. Please don't kill me if Im wrong
ImClueless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-21, 12:52   Link #200
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I'm sorry but are ya'll even *reading* this thread before posting in it? Every question or comment is discussed or answered in just the last page or two.

There have been two OVAs produced that were shown at conventions in Japan. The first will be sold as DVD in October.
There is a second season starting in September produced by Shaft, the folks that gave us Tsukuyomi and Pani Poni Dash. It is not a "continuation of the first season" but it does take place "later". They're making it clear *this time* that they won't be following the manga storyline exactly but many elements will be incorporated. Hopefully, the new studio will do such a better job that the whole first season becomes "that which we do not speak of".