AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2004-09-05, 22:45   Link #201
UzumakiKitsu
Foxy Ninja
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Great chapter. Looking forward to the end of this arc, and wondering what the next one will be.

I'm guessing... hmm... someone will show up, but I doubt it will be Kakashi. Kishimoto seems to like to make you think one thing and then throw something else out there, kind of throwing random Red Herrings on the trail for you to follow... I'm guessing either one of the Konoha Genins we haven't seen yet will show up (or a group of them, for that matter), or someone like Kabuto will show. Regardless, I think Sasuke will escape, his level of power will be a new level for Naruto (something that Naruto doesn't stand a chance against unless he's in Berserk mode, and even then, it's a slim chance)...

However, for his forehead protector, the significance of that: I think it will be damaged in the fight, signifying Sasuke's withdrawal from the village. Get it? Like Itachi- Sasuke is abandoning Konoha, and to show his choice, either he will cut a line across it, or Naruto will accidentally take a swipe across it.

It would be fitting, no?
UzumakiKitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-05, 23:36   Link #202
MidoriShinobi
Boha-haha!!
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: 東京
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to MidoriShinobi Send a message via MSN to MidoriShinobi
I also think the forehead protecter was meant to show he views Naruto as his equal.
My Sasuke hate-meter just went down a LOT. I'm really glad.

I think it would be nice for Kishimoto-sensei to write a nice side story showing what the female genin back home are up to.
It would make for a welcome change of pace, IMO. Hopefully Sakura's training with Tsunade/Shizune, but I doubt it.
__________________
Sig removed by Mod (xris) because it exceeds the limits as requested in the forum rules. See this post as well. Second warning, third may get you a ban.
MidoriShinobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-05, 23:41   Link #203
Prince of Chronics
One Piece fan
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Toronto, Canada
I too thought that Sasuke putting on the headband was to show that he was going to fight Naruto as an equal... I initially thought that he was rejecting Orochimaru by putting on the headband and was just going to fight Naruto for the hell of it... but the look on Sasuke's eyes tell me he's still deranged... do you guys think that Sasuke still has a trump card? like an even stronger move or technique?
__________________
Prince of Chronics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-06, 02:04   Link #204
Verrik
Destroyer of Dreams
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Westport, MA
Send a message via AIM to Verrik Send a message via MSN to Verrik Send a message via Yahoo to Verrik
Quote:
Originally Posted by UzumakiKitsu
I think Sasuke will escape, his level of power will be a new level for Naruto (something that Naruto doesn't stand a chance against unless he's in Berserk mode, and even then, it's a slim chance)...
As much as I want Sasuke to go to Oro, that would just be utterly HORRIBLE if some seal Oro put on him made him more powerful then an uber-demon being sealed inside Naruto.

Kyuubi Seal > Heaven Seal.

Maybe if Sasuke had the upper hand but Naruto could still get a few hits in. If Sasuke
crushes Naruto I think alot of people will be upset because that would just be stupid.
I want to see a good fight instead of an all out ass-beating and Im sure alot of people feel the same way.
__________________
"A mind pried open, and filled with lies,
helpless in the torture room, no one hears the cries.
Alone in darkness, and trembling with fear,
demons now haunt the world, never seen, but feel so near."
Verrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-06, 02:21   Link #205
upncoming88
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verrik
Kyuubi Seal > Heaven Seal.
True..but Sasuke w/ curse lvl 2 and full sharingan should be a good match with kyuubified naruto. I think naruto will still have overwhelming power/chakra, but the sharingan and lvl2 will combine to give sasuke a very good opportunity because his fighting techniques are quite better than naruto, so it may overcome the gap in chakra.
upncoming88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-06, 02:24   Link #206
CyberPunk
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
for this fight to make any sense, the boost sasuke gets from the seal is probably going to be equal to the boost naruto is getting from kyuubi. i mean, it would be pretty crappy if we have to wait all this time to see sasuke's 2nd level, only to have it easily beaten down by naruto. not to mention the fact sasuke's fully mastered sharingan combined with the seal could produce some zany anomaly, as the next chapter is titled, which means we as the readers have no idea what the seal could do.

i wanna discuss something else. which one of the fighters is fighting for the more important thing? this is a running theme in naruto; how ninjas are truly strong when they fight for something important to them. sasuke is obviously fighting for his reason to exist. him killing itachi is everything, and with that, he can't be second best to anyone because second best just won't cut it against itachi. him being helplessly dragged back to konoha would seriously hurt him and would probably push him to suicide. naruto, on the other hand, is fighting for his dear friend whom he built one of his first bonds with. he's also fighting for that promise he made to sakura. it really is a tough one, both fighters should become truly strong and rise to all new levels in this upcoming fight. ..whew..i just built it up for myself.
CyberPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-06, 02:46   Link #207
xLeafsItaChi
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hiding Out in Some Cave with my AkatSuki Pals
Age: 28
Thumbs up

hmm one thing i want their to happen is for Sakura to try and stop the fight between naruto and sasuke and getting killed cuz damn that girl is so useless it would make everyone happy, sasuke might be able to get his precious MS from killin her, and after that Naruto seeing Sakura dead is shocked giving Sasuke the chance to flee the scene and off to Oro his Pimp Daddy, and so making naruto Train even harder and become a better ninja and a timeskip would be nice

But im just talkin out of my ass here seeing how this wont happen...
xLeafsItaChi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-06, 03:18   Link #208
CyberPunk
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
i honestly don't see sakura ever dying :P. well, not until she follows in tsunade's shoes as an elite medical ninja. i was just looking through the mangas, and around chapter 4 or 5, it shows a picture of all 3, naruto, sasuke and sakura, riding on their respective summons. so once again, i really feel they will be the next sannin.
CyberPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-06, 04:31   Link #209
upncoming88
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberPunk
for this fight to make any sense, the boost sasuke gets from the seal is probably going to be equal to the boost naruto is getting from kyuubi. i mean, it would be pretty crappy if we have to wait all this time to see sasuke's 2nd level, only to have it easily beaten down by naruto. not to mention the fact sasuke's fully mastered sharingan combined with the seal could produce some zany anomaly, as the next chapter is titled, which means we as the readers have no idea what the seal could do.
Well from what i gather..the cursed seal lvl 2 should not boost Sasuke's chakra level up to kyuubified naruto because , the cursed seal just effecitvely forces or strips every ounce of chakra out of you (negating the safety limits your body sets upon itself). It is not a seperate chakra pool lying in reserve (like the kyuubi is for Naruto). So even if the seal strips all that sasuke has from him to be used right away, he just doesnt have the reserves that naruto has to start off with.

Regardless of this, as i said above, the fight will be good because the full sharingan plus sasuke's better fighting techniques should greatly reduce (if not completely negate) the hughe chakra power of naruto.
upncoming88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-06, 07:17   Link #210
Steffa
Ninja Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
what is anomaly is referred to sasuke trying to use chidori a third time and unlocking some weird stuff of the level 2 curse...maybe it cause an immense spread of chakra that goes out of control...even though i think that the anomaly is referred to sasuke's beast form at level 2 plus fully developed sharigan maybe the sharigan mixed with the curse is a very dangerous cocktail
Steffa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-06, 08:13   Link #211
yinstro
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steffa
what is anomaly is referred to sasuke trying to use chidori a third time and unlocking some weird stuff of the level 2 curse...maybe it cause an immense spread of chakra that goes out of control...even though i think that the anomaly is referred to sasuke's beast form at level 2 plus fully developed sharigan maybe the sharigan mixed with the curse is a very dangerous cocktail

why do you always state your opininions as fact? it irks me

anyho as far as cursed seal equaling kyuubi, it prolly doesnt, but how much kyuubi can naruto channel is one question. Also kyuubi only gives naruto great chakra boosts, even if overall hes "stronger" than sasuke, he can still lose to better skill. or is suceptible to certain techniques regardless
yinstro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-06, 09:30   Link #212
gruvy_qc
(: Ecchi guy :)
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Québec
Age: 29
There's one thing that could be cool. If Naruto is technically killed by sasuke and then reanimated, Sasuke would have his MS and Naruto would be alive. I like this possibility..
__________________

2nd member and co-founder of the moustache fan club and proud member of the A.S.S
gruvy_qc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-06, 10:38   Link #213
Rurik
Golden
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: 9th Temple
Age: 35
I dont like to predict future steps without my sharingan on, but there are something that IMO will not happen.....

A- Kakashi Apperance to interfere with the Batle (he done it allready, and
a redudancy is a "no, no" in writing history.) he might appear after the Battle.

B-Sasuke Getting the M.S. (he have to kill Naruto, i that wont happen, the Theoy taht goes "He leave him thinkin his dead but then he is alive is crap, so wath will happen whhenn sasuke finds out that Naruto is Alive? he would lose the M.S.?????
ists sound pretty lame.

C-Dead of any Primary character (Lets get serius, The Only Principal Character, if you can call it "Principal" that have died in Naruto have been the 3rd, besides that
we havent seen any other die, Neeji, and Chouji are still alive)

D-Sakura Interferance...same as Kakashi.........

E-Shino Aperance..well um........


And here are some posible things that would happen.........



A) Sasuke Wins, and go to orochimaru.

B)Naruto Wins But he is to weak to stay on foot and faints, in this moments kabuto get in there and takes Sasuke. Either With a litle extrra figt agaisnt Kakashi or without any interferance

C)Sasuke and NAruto are both Drain out of Chakra and decide the figth is over....Sasuke is returning to his senses, and realizes that true power comes from protectin those who are important becasue he could not beat naruto with 3 dots Sharingan and Curse seal level 2 and remembers Kakashi Lecture before Sasuke Was atacked by the Sound 4, .....he thens decide to go back to Konoha....

Also..i will LMAO if Sasuke gets his M.S., go after Itachi...and Itachi agains give him a woop..because Sasuke will need more that onle the M.S. to kill Itachi
__________________
"when you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." -
Rurik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-06, 10:56   Link #214
CyberPunk
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by upncoming88
Well from what i gather..the cursed seal lvl 2 should not boost Sasuke's chakra level up to kyuubified naruto because , the cursed seal just effecitvely forces or strips every ounce of chakra out of you (negating the safety limits your body sets upon itself). It is not a seperate chakra pool lying in reserve (like the kyuubi is for Naruto). So even if the seal strips all that sasuke has from him to be used right away, he just doesnt have the reserves that naruto has to start off with.

Regardless of this, as i said above, the fight will be good because the full sharingan plus sasuke's better fighting techniques should greatly reduce (if not completely negate) the hughe chakra power of naruto.

i never said it boosts sasuke's chakra reserve. i'm fully aware how the seals work. while it is in use, sasuke's abilities are amplified by the seal because of the manner that his chakra is sucked out of him, thus BOOSTING sasuke. his chakra is more potent while the seal is in use, which leads me to believe, with his skills, he should be on par with naruto.
CyberPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-06, 11:16   Link #215
Steffa
Ninja Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
yinstro it shits me that u think that i am stating facts all the time...not putting IMO before a sentence doesn't mean that i am making it a fact...u really dunno how to post mate
Steffa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-06, 12:07   Link #216
UserName
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by upncoming88
True..but Sasuke w/ curse lvl 2 and full sharingan should be a good match with kyuubified naruto. I think naruto will still have overwhelming power/chakra, but the sharingan and lvl2 will combine to give sasuke a very good opportunity because his fighting techniques are quite better than naruto, so it may overcome the gap in chakra.
Berserk Naruto > Kakashi or Zabuza's level by a lot.
UserName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-06, 12:24   Link #217
Sheriff lobo
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha_Rurik
B-Sasuke Getting the M.S. (he have to kill Naruto, i that wont happen, the Theoy taht goes "He leave him thinkin his dead but then he is alive is crap, so wath will happen whhenn sasuke finds out that Naruto is Alive? he would lose the M.S.?????
ists sound pretty lame.
about that theory....

i believe that killing a close friend is just a means to an end. Think about it whats the purpose in doing so? As someone pointed out in another thread, its to obtain a state of ruthlessness leaving the user devoid of any ideas such as love and friendship. So leaving naruto for dead wouldent be such a bad idea after all, if he believes he actually killed him thats all that really matters. Keep in mind this is all in theory
Sheriff lobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-06, 12:28   Link #218
missing_nin
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by UserName
Berserk Naruto > Kakashi or Zabuza's level by a lot.
sorry to say, but thats utter crap. berserk naruto is nowhere near zabuza or kakashis level.. he only has more chakra if thats what you mean.
missing_nin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-06, 12:34   Link #219
UserName
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by missing_nin
sorry to say, but thats utter crap. berserk naruto is nowhere near zabuza or kakashis level.. he only has more chakra if thats what you mean.
He has a lot more chakra... He is faster. He is stronger.

What more is there?
UserName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-06, 12:35   Link #220
Don Roberto
President of Euroslavia
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: By My Weapons Cache
Quote:
Originally Posted by missing_nin
sorry to say, but thats utter crap. berserk naruto is nowhere near zabuza or kakashis level.. he only has more chakra if thats what you mean.
I think he was looking at it from the standpoint of Beserk Naruto > Demon Ice Mirrors > Kakashi/Zabuza

Personally I look at it as Naruto basically having an auto-Kaiten when he is Beserk. Which brings to question, how do you beat something like that.
__________________
Don Roberto is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:38.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.