AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Old 2004-09-03, 16:30   Link #81
Veritas
The Last Visible Dog

The punch that Naruto gave Sasuke was very satisfying. I feel like I should have a cig.
Veritas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-03, 16:37   Link #82
CyberPunk

naruto still has the features to suggest that he's still in kyuubi mode.
CyberPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-03, 16:45   Link #83
EfrainMan
Scourge of the Seven Seas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorfl
You're more correct than you know. >__<
*shudder*

Quote:
This was quite a moving chapter, I wish Sasuke had gotten his ass kicked a little more, but other than that I can't really complain.
Yeah, more butts need to be kicked between Sasuke and Naruto, otherwise it's almost not a fight.
Old 2004-09-03, 16:45   Link #84
Ori

Send a message via AIM to Ori
Does this means Sasuke can now start copying Naruto's multiply technique when he uses it (sorry I am not using the actual name cause I can't spell)?

If that is what it means it would be really cool.

I never expected him to be able to get three dots just like that, it was really surprising. I figure Naruto is still stronger probably, but it would be a new kind of fight we never see out of Sasuke before. Although, I would not be too surprise if Sasuke ends up beating Naruto just because this is the only way the plot can continue in my opinion.

Life lesson #146180: girls love pyromaniacs
Ori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-03, 16:50   Link #85
evilryu
Elite Member

Good chapter I think...

Abit predicatble at this point, nothing shocking yet - they're just powering up and powering up like DBZ..

For the 3 dot Sharingan, why are you all shocked? I thought it was obvious that in order to achieve mangekyo, he needs full sharingan as a pre-requisite.. He had to get it sometime soon cuz he's been a sharingan noob for too long!

Let see, next chapters should flow something like this... I doubt even with sharingan, can sasuke predict Kyuubi Naruto (assuming he's still berserk - fangs looked cool) in full flight, so I'm gonna say hes gets smacked down again in which then we'll see level 2 cursed seal.. then I think its anyones game.. But I'm willing to hedge a bet that they fight to utter exhaustion like gaara vs naruto and then we see gayboys kaka and kaba pick them up or something weird like that.. kishimoto please shock me!

Nice to see sasuke putting on his head protector, does that mean he treats naruto as his equal and that finally sasuke is acknowledging naruto? Maybe naruto can die happy now? lol! anyways, in my mind, sasuke's not that much of an asshole anymore, I really think those seals are giving him some serious mind fuck!

/hides

*edit MAYBE SASUKE CAN START COPYING STUFF NOW ROFFLEMAYO!!11
evilryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-03, 16:51   Link #86
EfrainMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ori
Does this means Sasuke can now start copying Naruto's multiply technique when he uses it (sorry I am not using the actual name cause I can't spell)?

If that is what it means it would be really cool.
If you mean Kage Bunshin, who knows, Sasuke may have already copied it, but it's a high level Jounin skill that uses a bunch of chakra (divides it evenly, iirc) and Sasuke just may not be able to use it.
Old 2004-09-03, 16:52   Link #87
evilryu
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veritas
The punch that Naruto gave Sasuke was very satisfying. I feel like I should have a cig.
LOL! was it good for you too?
evilryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-03, 16:54   Link #88
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verrik
Sasuke doesn't have Mange, he has three swirls. Look at my first post on page 4.

YEah..why dont people get that he only have the 3 dots..........
He have not killed any cliose friend yet.............
so for now.........No M.S. For Sasuke.........

AS for Copying Tec....a think he can just like Kakshi or Itachi...but wath does naruto have that can be copied?????

Next Ep. : Sasuke Curse Seal Level 2!!!!!!!!!!
Old 2004-09-03, 17:01   Link #89
Kouji
StrykerX

I see that your still doing that "Dynamic Entry". What's up with that anyways? o_O
Old 2004-09-03, 17:07   Link #90
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kouji
I see that your still doing that "Dynamic Entry". What's up with that anyways? o_O

Jejeje
I the is the most Pathetic and Funniest line in all Naruto (And Coming from someone like Gai...it makes it more funny)
Old 2004-09-03, 17:27   Link #91
fightingdreamer88
where you goin' bub?

Hmm it would definitely suck if Sasuke won the fight as this point lol, but as previous others have stated he does stand a chance now with Naruto *sighs* nonetheless I can't wait until the translation comes out tomorrow, it would be satisfying to see Sasuke get a real hard smack on his smug face ^^; but I'm more interested to read what Sasuke had to say ..it did after all made Naruto slightly compassionate
fightingdreamer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-03, 17:28   Link #92
Dorfl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genei Killua
This chapter starts off with Naruto in his beast mode, crying. His chi is radiating everywhere, and Sasuke still has the shocked look on his face. The first page has Sasuke thinking to himself quite a bit. Next page, Naruto starts to speak to him, Sasuke looks shocked again, and Naruto talks some more. Naruto, talks some more, Sasuke seems shocked.
Sasuke is wondering what is going on, what that overbearing feeling is and whether naruto is a monster or not. Then he asks Naruto what he is, and Naruto responds "I'm your friend." Naruto says that's why he said he's not going to let Oro have Sasuke and that's why he will stop him even if he has to break his arms and legs.
Quote:
Immediately, Naruto is to the side of Sasuke, and swings his hand, which Sasuke raises his arm to block. Well, Sasuke thinks he blocked it anyway. Naruto completes the swing, and Sasuke is floored. As he's flying across the water, Naruto jumps again towards him. Sasuke does a katon, and Naruto screams it away with his chakra. Sasukes is sinking in the water, but Naruto meets him there, and deals him a punch that sends him flying out of the water and smashes him into the cliffs. Naruto immediately joins him there, and is puts his arm under Sasuke's chin. Sasuke is looking quite beat up at this point.
Yup, yup, basic action, what you see is what you get. Only real point of interest is when Sasuke says "Hayai!" in the water, i.e. Naruto is moving really fast, even for him. I love that straddling position on page 8, it's so...suggestive.
Quote:
Naruto starts talking to Sasuke, not sure, but I think Sasuke does the ku ku ku laughter. We see a picture of Sasuke's family. Sasuke starts talking. Then he starts screaming at Naruto. Naruto seems sorta surprised. Sasuke kicks Naruto away, screaming another barrage of words.
Naruto asks Sasuke if he's awake yet. Says that if he's not awake he's going to get serious and beat him up till he can't move any more and then take him home. Sasuke does the kukukuku thing. He tells Naruto to shut up and that a person like him (Naruto) who has never had a family can never understand him (Sasuke). He screams that since Naruto has always been alone, he can never understand him. He kicks Naruto off him and adds that since there's a bond (among family members), you suffer when you lose it and, once again, that someone like Naruto cannot understand. We get it already, you know?
Quote:
Then we see Naruto sorta thinking to himself, and as Sasuke is muttering a phrase, Naruto starts on what appears to be a speech, talking about important ones, nonetheless. Naruto looks sorta pained, while Sasuke has an unreadable look.
Sasuke isn't uttering a phrase, he's just panting. Naruto looks so cute with the whiskers and fangs... Anyway, Naruto says that it's true that he never had a real family, but when he was with Iruka sensei, he could imagine it. *flashback* Naruto says a shinobi has to first fill his stomach, and Iruka tells him not to eat too much. Nice pic of Iruka, this one's going into my collection *end flashback* Naruto says he wondered if this was what it was like to have a father. AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW...
Quote:
Hmm, so there's some talking, Sasuke says a phrase, Naruto goes "!" then Sasuke says some more, then Naruto goes "......" Then Naruto says something and looks compassionate about it. We have a wide-eyed sharingan shot of Sasuke saying something, and a few freames of young Naruto/Sasuke.
The other flashback is of Naruto and Sasuke bickering like they used to. Naruto says that when he was with Sasuke, he wondered if this was what it was like to have a sibling. (pp.13-14) Sasuke's next comment seems deliberately vague, but he's more or less wondering why he meant so much to Naruto. Sasuke doesn't say anything on page 16, btw, it's all Naruto. He tells Sasuke that to him (Naruto) he's finally formed a bond with Sasuke, so he's going to stop him tteba yo. Btw, the title of this chapter is "Tsunagari" (connection, bond, relationship, link) which is why they keep going on about it. I was going to translate it as "relationship" but it seems a little too yaoi, even for Naruto and Sasuke.
Quote:
Sasuke has a small smile, and starts to get up, grabbing something in his pocket. Naruto doesn't know what to expect.

Sasuke is looking at Naruto. We see a close up of one of his sharingan. Then another, with something in it. Gee, I wonder what it's going to be. Then bam! Three-swirled sharingan is in full force here.

Last frame. Fully sharinganed Sasuke says something to Naruto, who again is a little bit surprised at it. Sasuke holds out his arms, and speaks again. They appear to me to be fighting words.

The end.

This chapter has a lot of speaking in it.
Last page, Sasuke says "Come Naruto!" and he spreads his arms wide. I can't help feeling that Kishimoto is doing this stuff on purpose... >_< Anyway, Sasuke says he's going to break the bond, evidently he intends to fight. The preview for next week isn't helpful, just talking about the two hearts fighting ceaselessly while coming and going, where is their destination sort of thing.

I get the feeling that Sasuke was quite moved by Naruto's little speech and wants to fight him equally now, but that doesn't mean he won't resort to C.S.2 if the situation calls for it.
Old 2004-09-03, 17:39   Link #93
EfrainMan

Quote:
I can't help feeling that Kishimoto is doing this stuff on purpose... >_<
Kishimoto: "Now where can I add more suggestive yaoi in this chapter..."
Old 2004-09-03, 17:52   Link #94
eLstar
(^_^)v

I love this chapter. I find it found everything about it freaking cool, the part where Kyubi Naruto goes beserk, the part where Sasuke finally snaps out of his senses and acknowledges Naruto outright, but most especially the part where he gets the 3 dot Sharingan. It's been a long time coming, because now with this in hand we can finally see more copying of jutsus. And no I don't look forward to a Mange Sharingan, personally I thinkt hat move is kind of lame anyway. I prefer Sasuke copying moves instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by osmoses-jones
Damn it will be sux if sasuke beat kuuybi naruto that will ruin they show then that will make kuuybi power worthless junk.
No, it'll make the show even better, as to silence constant fanboys that choose Naruto by default for everything just BECAUSE of the Kyubi. If Naruto gets beaten (me hopes he does), then that'll show that even with that much power there is still way more to go for improvement rather then not. In other words....

gg sasuke!

eLstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-03, 18:02   Link #95
FearTheMullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberPunk
i say that because the other guy made two comparisons of power. 1) gaara, 2) shukaku. it's obvious that the gaara sasuke fought in the forest was under the influence of shukaku's power. i made no such inference of cheating.

Ahh no, when Sasuke fought gaara he wasn't yet under the SHukakus power, he had like one or two beastly arms, but it was sitll Gaara fighting, Shukaku only takes oever with Forced Sleep Jutsu or some crap. I said regular Gaara beat Sasuke, but Naruto managed to take out Shukaku + gaara with help (obcioulsy) from Gamabunta(is that even his name?)
FearTheMullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-03, 18:06   Link #96
Zek
Eyebrows...

Well, Sasuke won the finals match against Gaara before the whole invasion started. If they hadn't been interrupted, Gaara would never have gotten the chance to transform in the first place(he tried, but it was interrupted by the Chidori).
Zek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-03, 18:12   Link #97
FearTheMullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zek
Well, Sasuke won the finals match against Gaara before the whole invasion started. If they hadn't been interrupted, Gaara would never have gotten the chance to transform in the first place(he tried, but it was interrupted by the Chidori).
He won the semi final but lost the final, in a maner of speaking. :P He "beat" him once, but not a second time.
FearTheMullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-03, 18:33   Link #98
zabuza-sama

What's really going to happen: Naruto and 3 dot Sasuke square off for the next 3 chapters and essentially end with Naruto having a slight advantage (not as pissed as before when he stopped the Katon attack). Sasuke then transforms by activating his Curse seal Lv. 2 and gets a serious power boost resulting in a domination of Naruto, for a second. Meanwhile, it cuts to Kakashi about to arrive on scene, but someone appears before him: Kabuto. Dialogue ensues and it becomes apparent that Kabuto has been watching this battle the entire time and was sent to prevent anyone from interrupting. Kakashi and Kabuto fight and we finally see Kabuto's bloodline limit (don't know what it is), but Kakashi starts getting lit up. As they fight, they are working their way to where Naruto and Sasuke are fighting. Naruto at this point has gotten pissed like he was right after his wound healed and called on more of Kyuubi's power (yeah DBZ I know, but there's a lot of those moments in this series). The next scene pans out, lo and behold guess who's on top of the Hokage statues, it's Itachi, watching with great interest as Sasuke fights Naruto to a stalemate yet again (hahaha). Anyways, Kabuto pulls out a kick ass move and effectively beats Kakashi. As he moves into to deliver the final blow (no dialogue mind you) Itachi appears in front of Kakashi and confronts Kabuto in mid Technique. At this point, both battles are withing seeing distance, but Naruto and Sasuke don't pay any attention to dealings b/c Sasuke is consumed with the Seal, and Naruto is beginning to lose control of Kyuubi (too small of a container for it).

Itachi stopped the attack of Kabuto not to save Kakashi, but instead to copy this unique attack he's never seen before (not the same as the Bloodline attack Kabuto used earlier). Itachi then utilizes his Third secret/special attack we've never seen before (the First, was Mange, the second was the Black Fire) and seemingly kills Kabuto. He turns and begins to speak to Kakashi about their last encounter. At this point, Naruto is starting to own Sasuke completely b/c Sasuke's Chakra is dropping fast, unlike Naruto's whose beginning to go insane from power. Itachi picks up Kakashi by the throat and prepares to finish him off when bam...Kakashi explodes into hundreds of thousands of bugs. It seems that while Itachi was distracted while copying Kabuto's technique, Shino and his father who'd been out on a mission heard the battle sounds (i.e. used the bugs abilities) of the Naruto/Sasuke fight and came to check it out. They replaced Kakashi's body with a Bug Clone body while Itachi was busy. The bugs try to attack Itachi but they get blown back. The regroup near a tree, and out from the woods comes Kakashi, fully healed. Itachi is confused but prepares to battle Kakashi. Apparently Shino's father sacrificed a large portion of his Chakra by having the bugs feed on him and transfer it to Kakashi. Shino is now in charge of protecting his father while Kakashi fights....

Itachi warns Kakashi about the last meeting and Kakashi laughs, saying the typical, the same technique won't work on me twice...and you should never show your ultimate technique more than once to the same opponent (basically quoting Zabuza hehe). Battle occurs and Kakashi does much better, but is mainly defensive. Itachi senses the battle between Sasuke and Naruto is coming to a climax and decides to use Mange Sharingan on Kakashi, except this time it doesn't work...Kakashi copied Gai's Sharingan countering ability ( you know the feet based one) and is utlizing that style, along with the eye of insight to guess a bit of Itachi's moves and lands with a technique while Itachi is in mid Mange. Now Itachi is hurt, just a bit mind you, but some significant Chakra has been used to copy Kabuto, fight Kakashi, and use the activation of Mange Sharingan. He's about to show us his final secret attack, when Shino's father stands up with a pile of dead bugs on the ground (but he still has a massive swarm around him)...The bugs sacrificed themselves to give back the chakra they gained from normal feedings on Shino and his father (not the bugs who transferred it to Kakashi)...Itachi sees it's a losing battle and turns to go grab Naruto when...

We see Naruto's fist go through Sasuke's heart...Sasuke tells Naruto he was a true friend before he dies and Naruto goes into shock from killing Sasuke accidentally (remember he was losing control) and falls into the water and sinks....Sasuke is still pinned against the cliff but is dead. .

As Itachi is about to leap after Naruto, Kabuto dashes ahead and grabs the dead body of Sasuke and carries him off.....

Itachi goes to move but his legs are covered with the insects and his chakra is dropping fast...he get's rid of the bugs at a great cost of chakra and decides he must leave Naruto for another time.... Kakashi rescues Naruto....

Cut to Kabuto carrying the body of Sasuke, he reaches up and crushes a female bug on his forehead protector...and enters the lair of Orochimaru....

They cut Sasuke's eyes out and transfer them to Orochimaru, who subsequently turns the Sharingan effect off (oh yeah, he can do that)....

Next they burn the body of Sasuke on an alter... Orochimaru goes down to the prison and kills one of the guards/soldiers/prisoners whatever and carries the body back up stairs with him....

You see him take some of the ashes from the alter and place them on the body of the dead soldier...hand seals ensue and boom...Kuchiyose, Edo Tensei...and Sasuke is brought back to life....Kabuto hands Orochimaru one of the kunai with the tags on it, but Orochimaru destroys it...leaivng Sasuke as himself, not a mindless fighter....he looks around at Kabuto and Orochimaru and says he's grateful for being given a second chance..."at life", "no" says sasuke, "at avenging my clan and now myself....end arc (time skip)

hahaha sorry about that, i know that won't happen, but it'd be kinda cool (some parts at least)...so please don't take that as a true prediction and destroy it, just thought i'd add something fun to this discussion which has turned into..nuh uh, sasuke's now stronger...no way, naruto is...we'll have to wait for weeks, just show some faith in Kishimoto, he's come through more often than naught...thanks
zabuza-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-03, 19:00   Link #99
EfrainMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by zabuza-sama
What's really going to happen: Naruto and 3 dot Sasuke square off for the next 3 chapters and essentially end with Naruto having a slight advantage (not as pissed as before when he stopped the Katon attack). Sasuke then transforms by activating his Curse seal Lv. 2 and gets a serious power boost resulting in a domination of Naruto, for a second. Meanwhile, it cuts to Kakashi about to arrive on scene, but someone appears before him: Kabuto. Dialogue ensues and it becomes apparent that Kabuto has been watching this battle the entire time and was sent to prevent anyone from interrupting. Kakashi and Kabuto fight and we finally see Kabuto's bloodline limit (don't know what it is), but Kakashi starts getting lit up. As they fight, they are working their way to where Naruto and Sasuke are fighting. Naruto at this point has gotten pissed like he was right after his wound healed and called on more of Kyuubi's power (yeah DBZ I know, but there's a lot of those moments in this series). The next scene pans out, lo and behold guess who's on top of the Hokage statues, it's Itachi, watching with great interest as Sasuke fights Naruto to a stalemate yet again (hahaha). Anyways, Kabuto pulls out a kick ass move and effectively beats Kakashi. As he moves into to deliver the final blow (no dialogue mind you) Itachi appears in front of Kakashi and confronts Kabuto in mid Technique. At this point, both battles are withing seeing distance, but Naruto and Sasuke don't pay any attention to dealings b/c Sasuke is consumed with the Seal, and Naruto is beginning to lose control of Kyuubi (too small of a container for it).

Itachi stopped the attack of Kabuto not to save Kakashi, but instead to copy this unique attack he's never seen before (not the same as the Bloodline attack Kabuto used earlier). Itachi then utilizes his Third secret/special attack we've never seen before (the First, was Mange, the second was the Black Fire) and seemingly kills Kabuto. He turns and begins to speak to Kakashi about their last encounter. At this point, Naruto is starting to own Sasuke completely b/c Sasuke's Chakra is dropping fast, unlike Naruto's whose beginning to go insane from power. Itachi picks up Kakashi by the throat and prepares to finish him off when bam...Kakashi explodes into hundreds of thousands of bugs. It seems that while Itachi was distracted while copying Kabuto's technique, Shino and his father who'd been out on a mission heard the battle sounds (i.e. used the bugs abilities) of the Naruto/Sasuke fight and came to check it out. They replaced Kakashi's body with a Bug Clone body while Itachi was busy. The bugs try to attack Itachi but they get blown back. The regroup near a tree, and out from the woods comes Kakashi, fully healed. Itachi is confused but prepares to battle Kakashi. Apparently Shino's father sacrificed a large portion of his Chakra by having the bugs feed on him and transfer it to Kakashi. Shino is now in charge of protecting his father while Kakashi fights....

Itachi warns Kakashi about the last meeting and Kakashi laughs, saying the typical, the same technique won't work on me twice...and you should never show your ultimate technique more than once to the same opponent (basically quoting Zabuza hehe). Battle occurs and Kakashi does much better, but is mainly defensive. Itachi senses the battle between Sasuke and Naruto is coming to a climax and decides to use Mange Sharingan on Kakashi, except this time it doesn't work...Kakashi copied Gai's Sharingan countering ability ( you know the feet based one) and is utlizing that style, along with the eye of insight to guess a bit of Itachi's moves and lands with a technique while Itachi is in mid Mange. Now Itachi is hurt, just a bit mind you, but some significant Chakra has been used to copy Kabuto, fight Kakashi, and use the activation of Mange Sharingan. He's about to show us his final secret attack, when Shino's father stands up with a pile of dead bugs on the ground (but he still has a massive swarm around him)...The bugs sacrificed themselves to give back the chakra they gained from normal feedings on Shino and his father (not the bugs who transferred it to Kakashi)...Itachi sees it's a losing battle and turns to go grab Naruto when...

We see Naruto's fist go through Sasuke's heart...Sasuke tells Naruto he was a true friend before he dies and Naruto goes into shock from killing Sasuke accidentally (remember he was losing control) and falls into the water and sinks....Sasuke is still pinned against the cliff but is dead. .

As Itachi is about to leap after Naruto, Kabuto dashes ahead and grabs the dead body of Sasuke and carries him off.....

Itachi goes to move but his legs are covered with the insects and his chakra is dropping fast...he get's rid of the bugs at a great cost of chakra and decides he must leave Naruto for another time.... Kakashi rescues Naruto....

Cut to Kabuto carrying the body of Sasuke, he reaches up and crushes a female bug on his forehead protector...and enters the lair of Orochimaru....

They cut Sasuke's eyes out and transfer them to Orochimaru, who subsequently turns the Sharingan effect off (oh yeah, he can do that)....

Next they burn the body of Sasuke on an alter... Orochimaru goes down to the prison and kills one of the guards/soldiers/prisoners whatever and carries the body back up stairs with him....

You see him take some of the ashes from the alter and place them on the body of the dead soldier...hand seals ensue and boom...Kuchiyose, Edo Tensei...and Sasuke is brought back to life....Kabuto hands Orochimaru one of the kunai with the tags on it, but Orochimaru destroys it...leaivng Sasuke as himself, not a mindless fighter....he looks around at Kabuto and Orochimaru and says he's grateful for being given a second chance..."at life", "no" says sasuke, "at avenging my clan and now myself....end arc (time skip)

hahaha sorry about that, i know that won't happen, but it'd be kinda cool (some parts at least)...so please don't take that as a true prediction and destroy it, just thought i'd add something fun to this discussion which has turned into..nuh uh, sasuke's now stronger...no way, naruto is...we'll have to wait for weeks, just show some faith in Kishimoto, he's come through more often than naught...thanks
wtf...shino appears?
Old 2004-09-03, 19:12   Link #100
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearTheMullet
Ahh no, when Sasuke fought gaara he wasn't yet under the SHukakus power, he had like one or two beastly arms, but it was sitll Gaara fighting, Shukaku only takes oever with Forced Sleep Jutsu or some crap. I said regular Gaara beat Sasuke, but Naruto managed to take out Shukaku + gaara with help (obcioulsy) from Gamabunta(is that even his name?)
You obviously need to re-watch/read this fight.
Sasuke beat Gaara in a regular state in the arena and was beaten when Gaara was partially transformed in the forest (maybe you missed that Gaara was suddenly even faster than Sasuke/Lee?).

I find interesting that Sasuke gained the full Sharingan only after that he decided to wear his headband and thus to acknowledge Naruto.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote