AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2004-10-09, 13:29   Link #181
skillosopher
Dr. J

Send a message via AIM to skillosopher
anyone have any info on the soundtrack? im not "asking" for the music itself, but just the information, like the tracklisting, opening and ending song.

anyone?

and, btw, i thought the first episode was great. i have the first 7 volumes of the manga, but im going to wait for the anime instead this time, unlike naruto.
Old 2004-10-09, 13:36   Link #182
Dejital

Yeah, the opening music was pretty good, and it was the first time I heard Japanese rap... The ending was a bit too calm to fit in with the anime, in my opinion, sounded more like a theme for a "Last Episode". Unfortunately, it looks as if all of the fighting will be hack & slash (from the first episode and the opening theme), which can get boring. This anime has great potential and I'm going to stick with it! Unless it gets too crazy... *remembers talking teddy bear*
Dejital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-09, 13:52   Link #183
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

I liked the show, though i thought he resembled Naruto to much for my liking, but hey its still a decent show

As for the opening track, i despise it, ive never heard anything so bad in my life, i thought naruto had bad opening music but this is worse, thank gods for fast forward :P

I love the ending track though, and i personally think it fits really well with the series. The problem im seeing is that it's most likely going to be licensed before its finished, so im going to have to think on if its worth getting into the show or not.
Tiamat's Disciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-09, 14:15   Link #184
Yoska
フランキー

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burner of Anime
Spoiler:
I didn't mind the changes in Anime but...

Spoiler:

And about Ichigo's huge power, my theory is...
Spoiler:
Old 2004-10-09, 14:38   Link #185
Dejital

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taliesin
I liked the show, though i thought he resembled Naruto to much for my liking, but hey its still a decent show

As for the opening track, i despise it, ive never heard anything so bad in my life, i thought naruto had bad opening music but this is worse, thank gods for fast forward :P

I love the ending track though, and i personally think it fits really well with the series. The problem im seeing is that it's most likely going to be licensed before its finished, so im going to have to think on if its worth getting into the show or not.
The opposite of my post? Heh.
Old 2004-10-09, 14:55   Link #186
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejital
The opposite of my post? Heh.
What can i say, i despise rap in all its forms

I tend to look beyond the scope though, i tend to see into the show as to what it can be, and things start to click from there. Thats why i like that ending tune
Tiamat's Disciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-09, 15:29   Link #187
Ookla The Mok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoska
I didn't mind the changes in Anime but...

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Ookla The Mok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-09, 16:28   Link #188
hooliganj
Team Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoska
And about Ichigo's huge power, my theory is...
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
hooliganj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-09, 16:56   Link #189
TheLaughingMan
Nee-san is...

Send a message via AIM to TheLaughingMan
Well, I must say Bleach appears interesting. In a way it reminds me of Mirage of Blaze (if anyone watched that), the whole roaming spirits aspect. From the first episode, it seems like the concept of "belief" might be a focal point of the series.

Further thoughts:
Spoiler:

Thanks to necrodeath for the sig!
TheLaughingMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-09, 18:35   Link #190
Crimsonmon

Send a message via AIM to Crimsonmon Send a message via MSN to Crimsonmon
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLaughingMan
Spoiler:
Spoiler for Manga:
Crimsonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-09, 18:37   Link #191
Ori

Send a message via AIM to Ori
Strange... so many ppl hate the opening song, but I really like it.

I can think of many anime songs that are worst than this one (don't kill me people who loved the songs I am about to list)... ie) the fourth Naruto opening, Trigun ending theme, Madax opening...

But I guess each to his own. I just like songs that are rockish. I would not call this song Japanese rap. Rap is Samurai Champloo. They sing too much in this song to be rap.

Life lesson #146180: girls love pyromaniacs
Ori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-09, 19:18   Link #192
Megane
Sleepy Head

Send a message via AIM to Megane Send a message via MSN to Megane
On the subject of music, I really hope that the anime lives up to my expectations when it comes to the soundtrack. If you read the character profiles at the end of each manga volume, you'll notice that Tite Kubo has given each character a theme song. While I wouldn't expect any of these songs to appear in the series, it's pretty evident that he has his own ideas about how the manga should sound.

This is something that made the manga stand out for me, that the visual style constantly cries out for background music, like how all the chapter in-betweeners look like album covers or something. Shinova mentioned how the OP reminded him of The Pillow's work, which I kinda agree with. More importantly, I was really pleased with the visuals during the OP, and how well they carried the manga's style. I think if Studio Pierrot can take a page out of FLCL's book and really go with the music, they can pull this series off.

The ending gets two thumbs up, for seemless English and Japanese in the same song. If Bleach does end up being a long series, we can probably expect the OP and ED to change at least once, so I hope they continue to pick interesting music.
Old 2004-10-09, 19:53   Link #193
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ookla The Mok
Spoiler:
Heh, that part in the adaptation is admittedly tacked on Good that it was put in but execution was kind of meh.No biggie, didn't expect a 100% hit rate for directing anyway

Spoiler:
Burner of Anime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-10, 06:54   Link #194
Asakura_Y0h
little black butterfly

Send a message via MSN to Asakura_Y0h
In my opinion I think this is going to be one of the better animes for the second half of 2004... i liked the story and idea although i think the plot roughly resembles yu-yu .

I think we should wait for a few more episodes and see how it goes. I like the soundtrack on the whole...... although i'm not particularly fond of these types of character designs ......

This wil be on my must watch list for sure.... especially since it was so funny to begin with.... don't mind the crazy humour blend with the slashing... kinda like full metal alchemist for me....
Old 2004-10-10, 19:02   Link #195
quikimpulse
Suicidal Maniac!!!!!

The intro wasn't too bad for this anime. And as for the first ep, I didn't expect it to be as good as it was. I am definitely gona keep on watching it. I expect great things from this anime, i hope i am not dissapointed.

By the way, this is not a shaman king ripoff. There are no similarities besides the fact that there ghosts in both. After watching the first ep, you can see that the two series ar very different
Old 2004-10-10, 21:49   Link #196
fierysky

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonBon
....The comedy in the first few scenes with the family didn't entertain me - but when Rukia appears, everything improves a lot. The story proper begins, and I'm interested in Ichigo's powers - and want to see why he can do what he can do.
Well, if you are watching this anime to find out why Ichigo has such powers, you are going to have to wait for a loooooooonnnnnnnnggggg time. Even the manga, now on chapter 152 in Japan, have yet to shed some light on Ichigo's powers. Some hints are put in here and there, but right now all we can do is speculate and make our own theories.
fierysky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-10, 22:51   Link #197
Dejital

After watching a bunch of other anime, this seems to be the best of the bunch... u__u;;;
*impatiently waits for the next sub*
Old 2004-10-10, 23:40   Link #198
Kempis Curious
:love::love::love:

Location: Loving a peaceful life in San Clemente, California.
I'm another one who didn't like it. I suppose it would be ok for someone new who hasn't seen YYH and the umpteen other shonen animes out there.

For the record I liked Naruto and FMA, so I'm not prejudiced against shonen anime. Those two seemed to have a more original setup than this one.

-k
Kempis Curious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-11, 06:18   Link #199
DeluxSkillz

just die it is not like YYH and it's not like Shaman King, Naruto is not original at all it's a DBZ rip off... FMA on the other hand is pretty original but the fact that half the series sucked ass doesn't make it that great...bleach is way better then FMA and if it continues like this way better then Naruto
DeluxSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-11, 10:19   Link #200
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Plothole never explained in the manga:

Spoiler:
Burner of Anime is offline   Reply With Quote