AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2004-11-05, 06:38   Link #1
Raxial
CG / Color

Send a message via AIM to Raxial
Raxial's Art Thread

that's right! i have something to show
anyway, it's just one pic right now I did while I was working around with 3d studio max. I'm still just in the very very beginning stages of learning, but atleast I was able to make generally what I wanted:

oh, and this is a poring from Ragnarok Online if you haven't played it

Raxial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-06, 17:42   Link #2
Tzurial
in silent opposition

Send a message via AIM to Tzurial Send a message via MSN to Tzurial
wow, thats awesome, and so cute!

Ive never worked in 3D though, so Im probably not the best person to add anything constructive ^__^''
Tzurial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-06, 17:46   Link #3
Raxial
CG / Color

thanks for the comment yeah, i'm just starting so i just go by what inspiration I get. I haven't played the game in atleast half a year, but I just got the picture in my head during a class and wanted to make it hopefully I'll get some more inspiration soon
Old 2004-11-06, 18:36   Link #4
Shoeshefied

Send a message via AIM to Shoeshefied
heyyy hey, this is rare to see 3d fanart in much of the threads, man your good. ^- ^!, And i like the background, (are you gonna have more up..*-*?)
Im working with 3dmax too, but not near even touching it. eheheh.
Shoeshefied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-06, 18:57   Link #5
Dokuganryu
motorcycle boy

Send a message via MSN to Dokuganryu
pretty cool, how long did that take you? I used 3d Max for a bit, but it was really tidious and i have zero patiance and gave up lol
Dokuganryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-06, 19:19   Link #6
Necrodeath

Wow, looks pretty neat.
*makes note to self*
I also noticed you worked with at least 2 lightsources, yet the most obvious one (sunlight (windows)) doesn't form any shadows (except the window ones). Kind of odd, but it's about the only thing I could notice on it

I worked with 3DSMax a long time ago...wasn't that hard with a few tuts, but I'm trying Lightwave right now, but it's just too hard IMO
Well...looks cool, I'll be waiting for more
Necrodeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-06, 22:20   Link #7
Raxial
CG / Color

hey, thanks for the comments guys! The poring and they eyes took me about 15 minutes with some experimenting. The mouth, however, took me like 20 for some reason (probably because I kept making it retarded). That whole setup took me one night, the backpack took me another night, so maybe 6 hours (because i had to learn as i went) with about 25 minutes to render it :/

there are 4 lightsources as far as I can remember. the two are pretty obvious (the light on the floor). A third sits right above the furthest right light on the floor. That gives it the extra-bright look to it and gives the room some more light (because I'm not very good with photons and indirect illumination). It kind of simulates the light bouncing off the floor. The last light is a ways above the floor to give an over-all light to everything) light bouning off the floor and ceiling, and also to illuminate the poring a little better.

As far as the lights on the floor, the one to the right comes from a light shining through a square hole in the "wall". The other light comes from a light going through a hole in the "ceiling". Sorry, that was all just in case anyone wanted to know how I did certain things.

Yeah, I'll be doing some more stuff soon Since I have a long weekend this weekend, I think I'll do atleast one more 3d ragnarok thing after I finish up coloring harry-kun's picture I'll put those in here too.
Old 2004-11-07, 03:00   Link #8
Raxial
CG / Color

i declare that this doesn't exactly count as a double post, as it's many many hours in between, but here we go:

I finally finished coloring harry-kun's pic! It was kinda at a small resolution to begin with, so the quality isn't as high as it could be (especially the eyes), and I got tired of working with it near the end (since it's 3 AM), but I got it done!!! anyway, here it is. And I'd like to also throw in that I'm quite unhappy with the scarf but could find no quick fix. Next to it is the original:

the next two days will be for atleast one more 3ds max thing
Old 2004-11-07, 03:34   Link #9
silver_sanctuary

...nice...
...just...shade darker.
silver_sanctuary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-07, 03:42   Link #10
Raxial
CG / Color

yeah, my monitor is not wonderful for this kinda thing... stupid flat-pannel LCD monitor

and I noticed you used "...." a lot in other threads too. Is it just a wierd stylistic thing or does it mean something, like you're hesitant about saying something

Last edited by Raxial; 2004-11-07 at 03:53.
Old 2004-11-07, 04:25   Link #11
Eikichi-
Velvet Tears

Yea, more shades would be great =)

And the poring is cute and awesome. Gj
Eikichi- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-07, 12:50   Link #12
Raxial
CG / Color

thanks! yeah, I guess I do have to shade darker