AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Old 2004-09-05, 18:10   Link #1
ace firefist
Kerazy.com Editor

Send a message via MSN to ace firefist
[Manga] Mangekyou sharingan and its users?

I think no one has posted this one before......ayway i remember in the manga that Itachi said there would be three others with the mangekyou sharingan including him.

Well my guess is tha it may be another uchiha or....*drum roll*..... A Hyoga.
OK I know what your thinking....but the reason i say this is because the mangekyou sharingan is probalbly an evolved sharingan....and if I remember
correctly the Uchiha's were once part of the hyoga and that the sharingan was an evolved version of the byakugan.I was thinking there maybe someone of the hyoga had a sharingan and it and was able to obtain a mangakyou sharingan.
Maybe a missing nin who is a hyoga??
Old 2004-09-05, 18:19   Link #2
Shino~
The Legendary Perv Genin

btw its hyuuga, i think itachi meant 3 in the whole clan's history
Shino~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-05, 18:23   Link #3
ace firefist
Kerazy.com Editor

Send a message via MSN to ace firefist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shino~

Quote:
Originally Posted by manga
'ncluding me there will be three people who can handle the mangekyou sharingan
so that means they are probalbly alive and maybe in the akatsuki.
Old 2004-09-05, 19:17   Link #4
UserName

Quote:
No. If there were true, then that would mean before Itachi there was only 1 person who ever had it. And Itachi's father mentioned there were a 'few' who have obtained it. Also Itachi said that if Sasuke were to obtain it there would be 3 Uchiha's who have it. I won't get into past tense or whatever because it was translated from another language... But either way, I'm almost 100% sure he meant there would be 3 currently having it.
UserName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-06, 04:43   Link #5
Kylara
Kunoichi

Er... Hyuuga can't use the Mangekyou Sharingan because *drum roll* they don't have Sharingan, they have the Byakugan.

Yes, the Sharingan is a branch off the Byakugan bloodline, but that doesn't change the obvious fact that in order to use a Sharingan technique, such as Mangekyou Sharingan, that the user would need to have the Sharingan in the first place.

Even if a member of the Hyuuga clan had a mutated version of the Byakugan (like the Sharingan is a mutated version of the Byakugan, I guess you could say), the chances that it would be just like the Sharingan are rather slim. It would probably be something different, and therefore not Sharingan, and therefore not capable of Mangekyou.

As for who the potential Mangekyou Sharingan users are... Itachi, obviously, and Sasuke has the potential, which makes two. The only other living Sharingan user we know of is Kakashi, but whether he can obtain the Mangekyou Sharingan or not is anyone's guess. He's not Uchiha blood, so achieving the next stage in Sharingan evolution, the Mangekyou, may not even be possible for him.

So the third is either Kakashi, or another Uchiha that escaped Itachi's familial homicide - and who we haven't met yet. Obviously, if it's not Kakashi, it's someone who doesn't live in Konoha anymore, and possibly didn't live in Konoha when Itachi had his spree of murder.

Gee, wouldn't that be another kick in the ass for poor Sasuke, to have another living family member which he doesn't know about, who has never bothered to visit him or send a birthday card, and may even be a missing nin. Or a child, younger than Sasuke, who is being raised elsewhere... or someone who is just not around Konoha anymore, like Tsunade and Jiraiya were... Yikes, could be anyone.

But I think it would be really weird if, all of a sudden, there's another Uchiha loping around. We got 225 chapters into the series without a single hint of another living Uchiha, it'd be sort of freaky if one just turned up now: good, bad, or a toddler. My vote's for Kakashi, but that might just be wishful thinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace firefist
so that means they are probalbly alive and maybe in the akatsuki.
Kisame commented on seeing the Sharingan in others in chapter 145, page 18: "Indeed, today is a special day, don't you think? This is the second time I've seen another Sharingan." If someone else in Akatsuki had it, Kisame probably would have known, so it doesn't look like our missing Uchiha is in Akatsuki.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserName
No. If there were true, then that would mean before Itachi there was only 1 person who ever had it. And Itachi's father mentioned there were a 'few' who have obtained it. Also Itachi said that if Sasuke were to obtain it there would be 3 Uchiha's who have it. I won't get into past tense or whatever because it was translated from another language... But either way, I'm almost 100% sure he meant there would be 3 currently having it.
I'm with UserName. Itachi said: "If you open your eyes to the truth... Including myself, there will be three people who can handle the Mangekyou Sharingan."

Also, that might be a translation misunderstanding, but since Itachi said "who can handle" that may suggest that the third person is not Kakashi.
Kylara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-06, 07:11   Link #6
Steffa
Ninja Guru

yeah i am sure there is a third uchiha and it might either be an old man or a girl a bit older than itachi...why do i say so??? cos i think that itachi can have obtained the secret about the mange from either an elder or a girl that he might have loved and he killed his clan to not stay behind her and be the man...
Steffa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-06, 07:51   Link #7
lotus_lee

Ah....a female Sharingan user. That would be so great
lotus_lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-06, 08:22   Link #8
woolmore

We have been told that Itachi found the secret of the MS in the temple of nanako shrine...
We know that:
- In the LONG history of uchiha, only a few people have mastered it.
- Sasuke's dad said 'it is said that it can only be awoken under special conditions' IMO the dad knows the conditions and obv doesnt say because it's bad stuff!
- Why would the dad know? because he's chief of police and someone has to know why people cannot go to that shrine...

The thing that might help solve who the third user will be ie if tis someone we've met or not is the purpose of the doujutsu - why would itachi let his bro live if he knew all he wanted was to get the eye that would enable him to kill itachi? My guess is that the doujutsu has some darker overall purpose possibly requiring 2 or even three individuals to unleash it's REAL power!!! goodness only knows really but if sasuke gets his then he will have become truly heartless - surely if he's turned really evil, he will not want to kill his bro anymore seeing as they'll have become supremely evil together!?
woolmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-06, 11:23   Link #9
Steffa
Ninja Guru

maybe it needs three individual inside the time-space dimension so that a higher level can be achieved
Steffa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-06, 13:10   Link #10
Shino~
The Legendary Perv Genin

The third is ayame!
Shino~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-06, 13:30   Link #11
Fei-san
Monkeykyou Sharingan

Quote:
The third is ayame!
thats the crappiest idea ever.....
It's Chouji
Old 2004-09-06, 13:34   Link #12
CyberPunk

i don't know about anyone else, but i'm hating the idea of introducing a third uchiha member. it ruins a dynamic of sasuke.
CyberPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-07, 23:38   Link #13
Cheese Ninja

About Kakashi, did he use the spinny sharingan ever? That's what the mangekyou used to be, right? Before the new art in Sasuke's recent manga flashback. If had he got himself a mangekyou capable eye, could he use that ability?

And, could Itachi have killed Kakashi's friend/eye donor? Almost certainly not, but maybe, he probably did have to do some clean up other than that one massacre.

Slightly off-topic: We don't know whether an activated sharingan stays activated after death, or whether they activate upon death, which is unlikely, and I think we would have seen it with their father.

Last edited by Cheese Ninja; 2004-09-08 at 21:41.
Cheese Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-08, 00:34   Link #14
knubbe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheese Ninja
About Kakashi, did he use the spinny sharingan ever? That's what the mangekyou used to be, right? Before the new art in Sasuke's recent manga flashback. If had he got himself a mangekyou capable eye, could he use that ability?

And, could Itachi have killed Kakashi's friend/eye donor? Almost certainly not, but maybe, he probably did have to do some clean up other than that one massacre.

Slightly off-topic: We don't know whether an activated sharingan stays activated after death, or whether they activate upon death, which is unlikely, and I think we would have seen it with their father.
The spinny-eye Mangekyou is something made up by the anime. Up until recently we had no idea what the MS sharingan looked like. If Kakashi received his eye from someone with the MS sharingan, he might not have been able to use it's powers since he is not of Uchiha blood
knubbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-08, 18:22   Link #15
Kurz
Gao~ a sound for the ages

Location: I live in a relm of swirling of thought and emotion, Ever lost in the relm of infinite possiblities.
the 3 was refering to the entire history of the uchiha's and Itachi is one of the 3 in the entire history.
Kurz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-08, 19:00   Link #16
knubbe

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAveOfFire
the 3 was refering to the entire history of the uchiha's and Itachi is one of the 3 in the entire history.

No. Re-read the manga.
knubbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-08, 19:30   Link #17
UserName

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAveOfFire
Read the part again. Or at least read a lot of this posts. And also Itachi didn't say there were 3 there WILL be 3 if Sasuke were to obtain it(i'm not entirely sure about this part...). So you are saying before ITachi there was only 1 in the entire history? And that Itachi's father needs to take a grammar lesson?
UserName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-08, 20:53   Link #18
Kurz
Gao~ a sound for the ages

Location: I live in a relm of swirling of thought and emotion, Ever lost in the relm of infinite possiblities.
Or prehaps there was an error in translation.
Kurz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-08, 21:01   Link #19
Genei Killua
Mashou no Tenshi

Send a message via AIM to Genei Killua
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One
Actually, I think it's much stranger, that all the Uchihas were at home, the day the Clan was wiped out... I mean nobody was out on a mission? Taking a walk or going on a date?
It seems very mysterious, that Sasuke should have been the only one who was away.
Well, it doesn't seem that mysterious once you realize that Itachi did this premeditated. It's not as if one day he just snapped and killed everybody. He planned this out, and I'm sure he was waiting for just the day when every Uchiha was in Konoha and in their homes.
Genei Killua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-16, 10:48   Link #20
ragnos007

Madara, Itachi, Kakashi and Sasuke if he can manage it
ragnos007 is offline   Reply With Quote