AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2003-12-03, 20:35   Link #21
aznkoodies
[asian - coo - deez]
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Louisiana, USA
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to aznkoodies
There's a study about drinking a glass of wine, a bottle of beer, or anything equivalent once a day, is healthy for your body.


raises a glass: "To our health."
aznkoodies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-03, 20:43   Link #22
Moon The Cat
Hoi!
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Mexico
Age: 26
I think alcohol is somehow bad for your health when you abuse of it. As long as you keep it cool, there is no problem.

Believe it is possible, I have met people who drink beer everyday.....but only one.
Moon The Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-03, 20:57   Link #23
Tzurial
in silent opposition
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: oh...I've been there
Send a message via AIM to Tzurial Send a message via MSN to Tzurial
Quote:
Originally Posted by aznkoodies
There's a study about drinking a glass of wine, a bottle of beer, or anything equivalent once a day, is healthy for your body.
Its one glass of red wine a day thats good for you and Im pretty sure thats less because of the alcohol, and more because of the antioxidants in the grapes. A bottle of beer a day I think will do you no good.
Tzurial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-03, 21:10   Link #24
aznkoodies
[asian - coo - deez]
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Louisiana, USA
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to aznkoodies
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzurial
Its one glass of red wine a day thats good for you and Im pretty sure thats less because of the alcohol, and more because of the antioxidants in the grapes. A bottle of beer a day I think will do you no good.
I knew there was a study and somewhere along the lines, but not the exact words and forget American-made liquor.
aznkoodies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-03, 21:48   Link #25
Go-lytely
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Springfield
Age: 36
Actually there was a study done with regualr alcoholic drinks and there was some benefit although not as great as with red wine. Red wine does have higher anti-oxidant content as well as other chemicals that inhibit plaque formation in arteries. It explains why people who eat a "mediterranean diet" are at lower risk of heart attacks even though they consume higher amounts of saturated fats. Interestingly, when alcoholics are autopisied their arteries are much cleaner than a normal persons but because the excessive alcohol destroys other organs like your liver your life span is much shorter.
Go-lytely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-03, 22:50   Link #26
Galaxy
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Canada
Age: 29
I do not drink much, I did drink while we were doing some scocial stuff, but thats about it. Heck, legaly I cant drink yet in my province, I need to wait 1 more year, but I can always go to another province wich is not far from where I live wich the legal drinking age is 18.
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-03, 23:05   Link #27
outlaw55
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by aznkoodies
There's a study about drinking a glass of wine, a bottle of beer, or anything equivalent once a day, is healthy for your body.


raises a glass: "To our health."
heh, and jacking off 5 times a week is good for you too.....but you don't see people doing that in public acting like a fool.....>.>

**PS: if you do "jerk with pride" in public please don't inform us, LOL**
outlaw55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-03, 23:19   Link #28
Animaniac
On leave?
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Cambridge, MA
Alcohol is for people who cannot handle reality and need alcohol to escape. There are very few medical benefits. There are a few, but there are far better things that do the same thing. The list of damaging effects is long. Alcohol is for the weak. I've never had a drop.
__________________
इन्द्रियेभ्यः परं मनो मनसः सत्त्वमुत्तमम् ।
सत्त्वादधि महानात्मा महतोऽव्यक्तमुत्तमम् ॥
Animaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-03, 23:45   Link #29
Kurara
Ningyou Hime
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Digital Space
Send a message via ICQ to Kurara Send a message via AIM to Kurara Send a message via MSN to Kurara
I don't smoke or drink or do drugs and probably never will. ^^;; Not because I think they are bad, because I personally don't want to be that way.

My opinion on alcohol is the same as my opinion on drugs. I don't see anything wrong with it; and if they want to take it, they can.. but I think that if a person needs to be drunk or high to have fun, they are probably a very boring person. x_x

Also I know that alcohol and drugs are very trendy because they're "Forbidden".. "cool rebel stuff" or "adult stuff". Among my friends, there is two types of alcohol users. The ones who started very young to rebel against their parents and got bored of it, and the ones who started drinking at 18 to show how cool and "adult" they are. But all of them do it for social reasons. I personally think that it's stupid. It's their choice though. ^^

I can understand perfectly if someone wants to take drugs or alcohol because they're sad.. I don't encourage it but I understand it...

And I -think- I can understand how they can use those substances to have fun once in a while, but like I said.. I think if someone can't have fun without drinking or doing drugs.. They're boring and very uncreative.
Kurara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-03, 23:54   Link #30
kanazuchi
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Austin TX
Age: 29
Send a message via AIM to kanazuchi
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanazuchi
I drink every wensday at double daves (its a pizza buffet / pool / sports bar) when they have dollar draft night ($1 for anything on tap!) and most weekends. Although its hard in america (only being 18 )
haha, I just got back, form doboule caves ACOHLA IS DA BESTEST!
kanazuchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-03, 23:58   Link #31
Gaara11
~ Got Love? ~
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: New Jersey
Age: 36
I only drink mix drinks like Mike's Hard Lemonade and Malibu Bay Breeze. I don't even like beer that much. Drinking isn't bad, just don't drink and drive and drink only with your friends.
Gaara11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-04, 00:57   Link #32
GATX207_Blitz
Gobble Gobble
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: KAZOO-TOPIA
Age: 30
Send a message via MSN to GATX207_Blitz
drinking be something I don't do for some time if I do do it it will probably be only champagne and wine for special days and celebrations, but thats it beer smells like crap so I never plan on touching that stuff well there are my two cents.

o yea anime is like a drug or alchohol:when you get addicted or hooked you can't stop and you just have to have another each craving gets stronger and stronger and you want more and more so you look for ways to get it through cash, internet, and whatever other means you can to get it. when you are watching each episode it feels good because you get to know whats happening, but while thats happening blood is quickly rushing to your head so when you finish watching it you get a headache like a withdrawal state. if you spend all day wacthing it you lose appetite and you get a higher chance of getting sick becuase your body is vulnerable to getting sick. finally when you decide to stop watching anime forever getting to stop is really hard because you just have to know what happens and you want to be able to watch again. You can even see this forum as a bar because people socialize and watch anime heh

well for those who read that stuff up there its only an opinion my purpose of it was not to start an argument, but just to voice my opinion so if you start something about your totally wrong and I disagree with you blah blah blah you won't be getting me to say otherwise because like your opinion my opinion is my own and I can hold to it ok thought I would put this just in case anyone did start an argument about this
GATX207_Blitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-04, 05:31   Link #33
Laguna
Aikidoka
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Europe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Animaniac
Alcohol is for people who cannot handle reality and need alcohol to escape. There are very few medical benefits. There are a few, but there are far better things that do the same thing. The list of damaging effects is long. Alcohol is for the weak. I've never had a drop.
Aaaw, come on.. Maybe it's for people who can't handle reality, but for who do you think anime is for? .. or tv, or radio, or music, or videogames for that matter.. these are all different escapism forms that makes you forget reality for awhile. And people indeed NEED escapism to stay in senses.. forms can differ, but the aim is somewhat same.
For weak people ? I dunno, but I don't consider myself especially weak if I want to have sometimes couple beers with my friends sometimes by the game of biliards.. It's more like a tradition for me.
__________________
He's the kind of a guy who lights up a room just by flicking a switch.
-Unknown

Last edited by Laguna; 2003-12-04 at 05:47.
Laguna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-04, 06:07   Link #34
Mephisto03
セスラハニカ
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckme10
God made the rules 21+ In america for a reason!
Actually the drinking age use to be 18 in the US in the 60's I believe. When my mom was 18 they went to the bar to celebrate her being of legal age to drink.

Anyways todays my 21st b-day and i've been 21 for about 5 hours now and in school, sucks. But i'll be drinking all tonight!!!!!
Mephisto03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-04, 09:19   Link #35
Necrodeath
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Netherlands, Maastricht
Age: 28
16+ in my country, only the stronger alcohol is 18+
I usually only tend to drink on birthdays or other parties, or just when I go out on a saturday night or something.
The year is almost over, so I'm gonna drink champagne when it's new year (w00t). I like champagne

EDIT: Happy B-day Mephisto03
__________________
Necrodeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-04, 17:43   Link #36
McGrugg
Gruggy Wuggy Lubs j00
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: In an alley.
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to McGrugg Send a message via MSN to McGrugg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Animaniac
Alcohol is for people who cannot handle reality and need alcohol to escape.
Not true at all. You don't drink rubbing alcohol, j/k. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animaniac
There are very few medical benefits.
Not everyone drinks all the time. And it's only really bad for you if you drink constantly. Anyways, we're talking about alcohol, I don't think ANYONE drinks for medical benefits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animaniac
Alcohol is for the weak.
Thanks for calling almost everyone who's replied to this thread a weakling.
__________________


McGrugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-04, 17:50   Link #37
Tritium
doaho...
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: The netherlands
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Necrodeath
16+ in my country, only the stronger alcohol is 18+
I usually only tend to drink on birthdays or other parties, or just when I go out on a saturday night or something.
The year is almost over, so I'm gonna drink champagne when it's new year (w00t). I like champagne

EDIT: Happy B-day Mephisto03
exact same rules in my country let me guess Netherlands
Tritium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-04, 18:50   Link #38
Oneesama
本當に愛してるなら, "鰻食べる?ってきかないで
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
ma~ it is seriously restricted for any of my family members to drink or smoke. It has been past down for more then 4 generations now... so I guess i'll stick to the old family tradition plus, you can always get virgin ( non-alcohol ) for your drink ~

orange juice is fine with me too.... but I prefer the sherry temple more~

ok. confession: I did take a sip for taste testing ~
Oneesama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-04, 22:03   Link #39
diabolistic
pythagorean≠python gorax
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: look behind you...
I only drink alcohol to rid me of my horrible crack addiction.

diabolistic starts to tremble uncontrollably, its so cold here.. i'm so very very cold..
__________________

<Pabs> kcl, you sure do put out a lot of Naruto eps
diabolistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-05, 00:11   Link #40
kanazuchi
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Austin TX
Age: 29
Send a message via AIM to kanazuchi
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanazuchi
haha, I just got back, form doboule caves ACOHLA IS DA BESTEST!
I dont remember typing this post...
kanazuchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:40.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.