AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Old 2004-09-06, 16:05   Link #21
Skorpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steffa
i mean seriously are u dumb or what?
if he can use mange then he must have heaps of chakra not to mention that he's the fastest in performing hand seals with one hand
i didnt know he could perform seals with one hand...
Old 2004-09-06, 16:05   Link #22
UserName

Quote:
i mean seriously are u dumb or what?
if he can use mange then he must have heaps of chakra not to mention that he's the fastest in performing hand seals with one hand
Does he use one hand to perform hand seals?

But the fact is that he uses the mange sharingan. If he were to use the mange sharingan even once he should not have enough chakra to summon. Therefore it's either one or the other. So I doubt Itachi would go around summoning.
UserName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-06, 16:09   Link #23
Steffa
Ninja Guru

of course he does...don't u remember? when he faces kakashi in the river he distracts him with the shurinken and then performs a hand seal for a water attack...

well u have a point but if he faces someone that makes a summon it's not like it going to use it on the beast because he would be vulnerable then he must counterattack with a summoning
Steffa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-06, 16:24   Link #24
F!reStr!fe
Unlimited Blade Works...

Send a message via AIM to F!reStr!fe
Well if i didnt recall Mangekyou can hurt summons using Amatseru at least from what Jirayia was suprised as hell like how the hell did he burn though the summon.

My Current Animes: Welcome to the NHK, Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, Coyote Ragtime Show, Bokura Ga Ita, .hack//roots
F!reStr!fe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-06, 16:29   Link #25
DJ*

Dragons will never be summoned. They're held in too high a regard.
Old 2004-09-06, 16:58   Link #26
Bloodloss2000
Someone new

Send a message via AIM to Bloodloss2000 Send a message via MSN to Bloodloss2000 Send a message via Yahoo to Bloodloss2000
I've got it... Itachi can summon anything he damn well wants to.
Old 2004-09-06, 17:15   Link #27
gangsta905_04
AnimeSuki's #1 criminal

Send a message via MSN to gangsta905_04
itachi can prolli summon sumthin evil....maybe a dragon..
gangsta905_04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-06, 19:38   Link #28
Shay
Monarch Programmer

Tatay Whats the point In asking someone to use a spoiler when you're going to quote that same spoiler? Oh and also you and him need to edit something else In your posts aswell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine Devil
Yeah right.
LOL! I do agree with you but the way you put things when talking about Itachi is just priceless. (You are a true fanboy)

Anyway back on topic: I would like to see something with the ability to fly.
I also think that Itachi dosen't seem like the type of guy to use a summon, but that all the depends on the persona of the summon. I would really like to see a very powerfull but elligent summon, some sort of Phoenix engulfed In the same mysterious black flame that jirayia sealed. That would be cool.
Current Album - Vessel by Twenty One Pilots
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-06, 20:22   Link #29
Trax
Rock beats scissors

I'm voting for rabbits. Maybe the Holy Grail one. :P
Trax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-06, 20:23   Link #30
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

We have to remember that all the summons so far have been based in animals that appear in chinese mythologies... (frog, slug, monkey, dog, snake)... if anything we will see something corresponding to the rest of the 12 chinese zodiac animals, or something along these lines...
Proto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-06, 20:38   Link #31
Will
Toebeard the Pirate

Send a message via AIM to Will Send a message via MSN to Will
Lightbulb

I'm going to put my money on dogs. Probably an ANBU thing for tracking and such, hence Kakashi having them despite his teacher being a frog summoner.
Old 2004-09-06, 22:43   Link #32
Macbrother
The mac

Send a message via AIM to Macbrother
Quote:
if he can use mange then he must have heaps of chakra
lol no. We have no idea how chakra-intensive mange is, only that it extremely fatigues Itachi after around 3 uses. Just to slap that on the same level as the amount needed for a grand summon is pure naiveté. All summons in Naruto have been based on a contract, required blood (or some other sacrifice) and generally seems to be 'handed down' in some form or another. (some exceptions) Given the knowledge of that I don't see Itachi, a 17-year-old sharingan user, prone to summoning. Until we see more, it's anyone's guess.
Old 2004-09-06, 22:44   Link #33
Veritas
The Last Visible Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One
I can't remember the frog or the slug beeing part of the chinese zodiac animals...
And you will probably find some legend for any animal, if you search long enough.

About the chakra issue: Was it really stated, that the manga drains the chakra? I thought it just exhausts the user...

The frog and slug aren't in the Chinese zodiac. Neither is
Spoiler:
Instead they are characters in other Chinese/Japanese myths.

Kamaitachi:
Spoiler:
Veritas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-06, 22:46   Link #34
haleguu
LOLICON

Maybe he can summon a weasel, considering Itachi can by translated as "weasel."

But you have to consider that if he gets considerably weakened just by using his Mange Sharingan, which he does and he only used it several times in a day. Does he really have enough Chakra to actually do a summon? It's all speculation from here on out, until Itachi really does a summon. I believe if he actually does have a summon it would be rather small compared to Gambabunta and more in the size range as Emma (but then the Third had plenty of Chakra, so you can take that with a grain of salt). Also, if he does signed something bigger, someone of equal or surpassing strength would of given him the contract to make a pact with the creature. No one in Konoha passed down a contract to Itachi. So if Itachi is able to make a BIG summon, I would see where he got the contract from. Then maybe we can speculate further if Itachi is just a surrogate for an even powerful person.

Also how actually is a pact with an big creature is inacted in the first place? Does the person go up to the creature and lists favors and benefits the creature will receive if he can be summoned by the person?

Also how or whom did Orchimaru get his contract with Manda? Ugh! Too many questions and too many unanswered questions.
haleguu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-06, 23:16   Link #35
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Since there's already a character that summons a giant door, it's obvious Itachi will summon a giant window. Stupid ninja like naruto will then smack into the glass like a bird, knocking themselves out. It's the perfect summon.
Old 2004-09-06, 23:32   Link #36
LipidSama
Stupid Genin

Personally I dont think Itachi has a summon. Why would he need one?, But if he did have a summon, ID say either a Dragon, and I know you all said this, but the dragon is represented by his personality trait. So thats why I mated these two up. How cool would that be, to summon a dragon, and than stand on his head, and have it fly you whereever you wanted to go. Or else, Id like to see him summon something more nutreal in the food chain, cause itachi is a cold blooded killer, he only kills when it is needed, or he is provoked. Sounds like a Cat, to me. Id like to see him summon like 15 diffrrent types of cats, big cats and small cats. Than they can fight kakashis dogs ^^.
Old 2004-09-06, 23:42   Link #37
yinstro

Quote:
of course he does...don't u remember? when he faces kakashi in the river he distracts him with the shurinken and then performs a hand seal for a water attack...

well u have a point but if he faces someone that makes a summon it's not like it going to use it on the beast because he would be vulnerable then he must counterattack with a summoning

um i think that was to show how fast he makes seals, not that he makes them with one hand. People have mentioned it not being possible to do 2 hand seals with one hand.
yinstro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-07, 00:38   Link #38
evilryu
Elite Member

always thought sumons were chakra intensive, hence the sannin, high level jounin (kaka-sensei), naruto and gaara could.. but temari? wtfomgffsbbq..
evilryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-07, 00:47   Link #39
LipidSama
Stupid Genin

Quote:
Originally Posted by yinstro
um i think that was to show how fast he makes seals, not that he makes them with one hand. People have mentioned it not being possible to do 2 hand seals with one hand.
Nah..Haku can do 1 hand seals, he did it while fighting sasuke.

Summons are chakra oriented, Naruto can summon Gamabunta because of Kyuubi, Temari and that spider dude, only summed little guys, I bet the bosses will come when they have gotten older. But What Do I know, Im a dork who lived in a basement.
Old 2004-09-07, 00:49   Link #40
haleguu
LOLICON

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilryu
always thought sumons were chakra intensive, hence the sannin, high level jounin (kaka-sensei), naruto and gaara could.. but temari? wtfomgffsbbq..

Kama-Itachi was a small summon as compared to Kakashi's dogs. I don't think you need as much chakra as say Kyubi Naruto to summon them. I guess it depends on each individual creature, considering that the Third had immense chakra, yet he only summoned Emma whom is very small compared to Gambabunta. Then again, we don't know if Emma can grow taller or if Emma is the smaller version of a bigger Monkey King.

For me if Itachi can summon a creature I would bet on a weasel.
haleguu is offline   Reply With Quote