AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-09-07, 19:56   Link #1
Bullsquat
Strange Love

Question One Piece not airing weekly in Japan?

Occasionally I browse through One Piece fansites for a piece of mind and I notice that as of now, 201 episodes of One Piece have aired in Japan and I swear that about five weeks earlier it was at 199 episodes. So is it just me or is One Piece's schedule a little different from other animes?
Old 2004-09-07, 20:50   Link #2
UserName

It is aired weekly on Sunday, maybe Saturday. But yes a few weeks ago it was 199, but then they olympics started, so it was halted. So now the olympics is over it will now go back to weekly, 201 was aired on Saturday or Sunday I think.

I think that's the reason... But then there may also have been another delay bewteen 199 and 200 but not sure about that.
Old 2004-09-13, 01:35   Link #3
Bullsquat
Strange Love

According to Arlongpark there's going to be yet another gap between 203 and 204. Not only that, a two week gap.

Is it just the fact that it airs on a sunday that it has to yield to whatever special is on that day? I think this may have happened on more than just a few occasions. Maybe over the last couple of months and a lot longer than when the Olympics was airing.
Old 2004-09-15, 21:55   Link #4
booboo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullsquat
According to Arlongpark there's going to be yet another gap between 203 and 204. Not only that, a two week gap.

Is it just the fact that it airs on a sunday that it has to yield to whatever special is on that day? I think this may have happened on more than just a few occasions. Maybe over the last couple of months and a lot longer than when the Olympics was airing.
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Old 2004-09-16, 01:11   Link #5
Jn183

I guess, also the fact that anime is catching up to the manga. Therefore, they are not in a rush to really air new eps. Also, the filler after Skypiea just ended and now ep 203 will be another filler. I hope the filler will be like the one just ended(199-202). Was avery good filler.
Old 2004-09-16, 02:28   Link #6
hooliganj
Team Player

First was for the olympics, and the next gap will probably be to accommodate all of the new premiers in september/october. Since One Piece is a very popular long running show, and might be looking to delay it's production schedule a bit, it's pretty reasonable to use that time slot for one of the new shows or a one hour special. TV scheduling is always chaotic this time of year.
Old 2004-09-16, 13:22   Link #7
Bullsquat
Strange Love

Well, if they're purposely delaying their schedule to give more gap between the anime and the manga, I guess in a way, this is a good thing. It lessens the necessity to maker filler episodes too.

The worst thing that can happen to this show is what is happening to Inuyasha, where they caught up to the manga and have no choice but to cancel it. This shouldn't happen to One Piece.
Closed Thread