AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Old 2004-09-08, 08:53   Link #1
CaSe-
胸のひねること

[Possible Manga Spoilers] Will the Rock Lee and Gaara Fight ever be surpassed?

Episodes 48 - 50

Never have i watched any set of anime episodes over and over again.

As you all probably know, the amazing Rock Lee VS Gaara fight took place in them episodes, as well as some of the best art and animation ive seen in the series. In my eyes this fight is hasnt been surpassed yet in terms of buildup, suspension and just plain awesomeness.

After seeing them episodes and reading the manga, ive always longed for the future fights (Naruto vs Neji, Gaara vs Sasuke and Naruto, Itachi's little show down, and the sannin fight) to be of the same calibur of the Rock Lee fight, and when they have been aired, ive been somewhat disappointed. The Naruto VS Neji fight seemed like a little disappointment, a bit watered down from what id expect to see from the manga, same with the sannin fight.

Will we ever see an episode/episodes of that calibur again?
Old 2004-09-08, 08:55   Link #2
Nine Devil
Master(Vicious)'s Padawan

Yes its a spoiler

Spoiler:
Old 2004-09-08, 09:04   Link #3
Yoska
フランキー

Spoiler:

EDIT: What comes to Naruto anime, I'm not capable to comment about quality of episodes but studios tend to spare resources to special events. In fight cartoons like Naruto this usually means big and important fights.

Last edited by Yoska; 2004-09-08 at 09:22.
Yoska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-08, 09:09   Link #4
CaSe-
胸のひねること

Spoiler:
Old 2004-09-08, 09:27   Link #5
mindspank
Ero-Sennin

What's the point in trying to foretell the future? We can't make any sane assumptions here.
mindspank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-08, 09:43   Link #6
UserName

I don't think that was the very best I personally liked.
Spoiler:
UserName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-08, 09:58   Link #7
Anjin
stfu-no-jutsu

Send a message via AIM to Anjin
Quote:
Originally Posted by UserName
I don't think that was the very best I personally liked.
Spoiler:
You are missing the point of this thread.. He (as well as myself) believes episodes 48-50, the Rock Lee vs Gaara fight, was the best job the animation team ever did of bringing to life the action inside the Manga. The fight (as well as other fights) are awesome in Manga... But look at the Hokage fight vs Oro.. The animation team did a HORRIBLE job ... (Sarutobi looked Warped, along w/ Oro in MANY seperate scenes etc etc).. When you bring up that area w/ Haku.. theres a HUGE difference between how it was before, and how it is now... I just re-watched the Haku arc (eps 1-20) and I must say, the quality of Animation is much better then what it is now.. ESPECIALLY the recent filler episode.. The Animation was so lousy in that EP i could hardly watch it.

Needless to say, I don't think the animation will EVER match the Rock Lee Fight.. I honestly believe after that episode, or maybe a few after, they changed Animation Studios.. Maybe it was a budget thing, or maybe im crazy, but I honestly believe since then the Anime has gone downhill in its portrayal of fight scenes and overall 'polish'. We can only hope that some of the fights in the upcoming arc will actually be close to the Lee vs Gaara fight.. Afterall, the fights themselves have great potential.. BUT dont hold your breath, I won't be.. Expect it to be garbage, and then you won't be dissapointed if it is.

The Story is great, and always will be. The Animation leaves something to be desired IMO.
Old 2004-09-08, 10:02   Link #8
lotus_lee

Yea man, those 3 episodes are my favourite episodes. I can't get enough of Episode 50. The animation and the music went so well with it and IMO, nothing has matched it so far. Damn, will they ever release the music of when Rock Lee is opening more gates to Ura Renge the ass out of Gaara?
lotus_lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-08, 10:10   Link #9
yinstro

no there will not be a fight as well done as teh lee fight in the forseeable future. the upcoming fights are good, but most are more event based. You wont see the flying fisticuffs steady measuring and pushing one self harder for a long time. frankly an animator can do teh most with lee, hes the most acrobatic and interesting charachter in a fight. Not to mention the naimators seem not to have had a high quality consistent episode since, for the big fights even. gaara vs sasuke etc tsunade vs oro, none were as well animated and exciting, i dont know if we will see that again.
yinstro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-08, 10:21   Link #10
UserName

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anjin
You are missing the point of this thread.. He (as well as myself) believes episodes 48-50, the Rock Lee vs Gaara fight, was the best job the animation team ever did of bringing to life the action inside the Manga. The fight (as well as other fights) are awesome in Manga... But look at the Hokage fight vs Oro.. The animation team did a HORRIBLE job ... (Sarutobi looked Warped, along w/ Oro in MANY seperate scenes etc etc).. When you bring up that area w/ Haku.. theres a HUGE difference between how it was before, and how it is now... I just re-watched the Haku arc (eps 1-20) and I must say, the quality of Animation is much better then what it is now.. ESPECIALLY the recent filler episode.. The Animation was so lousy in that EP i could hardly watch it.

Needless to say, I don't think the animation will EVER match the Rock Lee Fight.. I honestly believe after that episode, or maybe a few after, they changed Animation Studios.. Maybe it was a budget thing, or maybe im crazy, but I honestly believe since then the Anime has gone downhill in its portrayal of fight scenes and overall 'polish'. We can only hope that some of the fights in the upcoming arc will actually be close to the Lee vs Gaara fight.. Afterall, the fights themselves have great potential.. BUT dont hold your breath, I won't be.. Expect it to be garbage, and then you won't be dissapointed if it is.

The Story is great, and always will be. The Animation leaves something to be desired IMO.
Hmm so the animation? Well i doubt the Naruto animation will ever become above average again. But the 3rd vs. Oro fight... were you watching the same fight as me? The animation was one of the best. It was very good. Sure the art style was crappy but it 'flowed' a lot more nicely and looked 'smoother'. THe only thing bad about it was how they were drawn.
UserName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-08, 12:52   Link #11
CyberPunk

the liked the first 2 episodes of lee's fight, you know, before it got stupid. the 3rd one was a bit too dbzish and silly for my tastes. i'm really looking forward to the current sasuke vs naruto fight.
CyberPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-08, 13:35   Link #12
rorosama

I think the kimi fight has potential. He moves very fluidly and it'd be perfect for the the best anime to do his fight against the big 3.
rorosama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-08, 13:37   Link #13
DeluxSkillz

personally i am waiting for the neji vs kadomaru fight
DeluxSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-08, 21:43   Link #14
Inuzuka
now with 20% more ego!

Send a message via MSN to Inuzuka
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeluxSkillz
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Inuzuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-08, 22:10   Link #15
Ketsueki

Send a message via AIM to Ketsueki Send a message via MSN to Ketsueki Send a message via Yahoo to Ketsueki
I have a sneek suspision that the Lee vs Gaara fight will never be rated over any other fight... due to how exciting it was to watch, I mean... the camera angles, speed, suprise and stuff that made you go "holy cow!". And I can't see the dynamic camera angles coming back which made me feel more emersed into the fight.

But thats just me.
Ketsueki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-08, 22:16   Link #16
kakash1

i hate kimimaro... i wanna see shika vs tayuya and kiba vs sakon more than i wanna see kimimaro.. but thats jut me =x
Old 2004-09-08, 22:20   Link #17
Genei Killua
Mashou no Tenshi

Send a message via AIM to Genei Killua
There are going to be fights that have the potential to be better.
Spoiler:

But I doubt the animation will be very good. In the most recent fights, the action goes very slowly because the team wants to put in as much filler and personal reflection into the fight that they possibly can.
Genei Killua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-09, 01:42   Link #18
yinstro

the
Spoiler:
fights and teh rest are highly event oriented, it wont look super great in animation to see people thinking or running etc, I guess
Spoiler:
has the best chance since he has a high level of taijutsu. but like many have said, i dont think the animators are going all out anymore. many big event fights have happened since then, and none have been animated as well. welp i hope
Spoiler:
is animated great, i think it has most potential out of the many battles coming. Well the
Spoiler:
fight should be animated well if they have any sense left at all but i dont think it will lend itself to animation as well since mostly they put the high quality style iwth many more frames.
yinstro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-09, 09:24   Link #19
ninja massacre

Send a message via MSN to ninja massacre
yeah the very short fight sasuke had versus Orochimaru was totally awsome and even greater then the lee vs gaara fight.
although I think the
Spoiler for manga:
Old 2004-09-09, 12:47   Link #20
Animizzle
Cool as a Cucumber

It really IS a pointless thread..unless somebody knows one of the animators you really tell now can you?

all that can be said is there are some good fights coming up so they have enough occasions to use some of that "great" animation during the Gaara-Lee fight.

tsk