AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-01-22, 19:20   Link #21
NorbJunior

Jungle..Hale Nochi Guu Plot question (poss. spoilers)

OK..in Deluxe...(I think)...there was that scene with all the school kids in robes and how Guu was their leader and how Hale is being manipulated and all...is this covered in Final..or was it just a forgotten loose end...

And also..Guu becoming the woman....they never explained that did they? B/c I thought that Guu would end up being some greater being (something to do with the Bafu-bafu in the first episode) but...um.....nopa!

So..if any of this happens in final (its not out yet..but it ya know! ^_-) OR if anybody else has any info..greatly appreciated and let me know! Thaaaaaanks!
NorbJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-22, 19:54   Link #22
CompShrink
getting in comps' heads

Send a message via AIM to CompShrink
Um, guu had a plot? NANI?

:P jk

But, yeah... final probably will explain alot of these things, but only part of Guu Final has been released in Japan, so no one knows yet... The Guu Final page didn't have much info as to what was going to be in the series last I checked... which I admit was months ago...
CompShrink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-22, 21:13   Link #23
LiQuid|J
Pantsu Faito!

On the contrary, I doubt any of that will be tackled in Guu Final. Mostly because it really doesn't have to be. If you really need those types of things explained to you then maybe Guu isn't the show for you?
LiQuid|J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-23, 02:44   Link #24
Fronzel
Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorbJunior
OK..in Deluxe...(I think)...there was that scene with all the school kids in robes and how Guu was their leader and how Hale is being manipulated and all...!

I thought they were just planning Weda and Clive's wedding, and the appearance of Weda's mother in particular.
Fronzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-13, 15:52   Link #25
Guu-chan
Guu-chan

That's what I thought. I thought when Guu said, "They'll be there." they were talking about Bel, Asio Robert and Sharon (Hale's grandmother).
Guu-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-03, 06:37   Link #26
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

Send a message via AIM to Risaa
Forgive me for resurrecting a three and a half year-old thread, but I only got around to watching the first episode (composed of two mini-episodes) of Deluxe tonight.

I can't pinpoint exactly what it is but the feel of it was definitely different - I didn't crack a smile even once throughout the entire episode, whereas I laughed at every pre-city Hale Nochi Guu episode. I'm disappointed by the added drama, as well.

Since I feel this way, does anyone think it's worth it for me to finish watching Deluxe? I have half a mind to just delete it all right now. How about Final? Should I bother with it if I do delete Deluxe (which is seeming likely)?
Risaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-03, 06:44   Link #27
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

Final is awesome. be sure to watch it.
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-03, 11:14   Link #28
Kempis Curious
:love::love::love:

Location: Loving a peaceful life in San Clemente, California.
Hooo weee it's been a long time. um.... The above thread says that the "drunk Hale" episode is number 5 of DELUXE, I would recommend that one. But in remembering FINAL... all that comes back to me as good was the episode about "a day in the life of " uh... the teenaged girl in the class. That episode returned to exploring the absurd life that the jungle villagers each have.

I was a huge fan of Jungle wa Itsumo Hale nochi Guu... so it was worth it to bite the turds at the end, hoping one would be like the wonderful fudge brownies of the beginning. There were a few, but I dunno if a more casual fan would be happy with that.

O'course, now you've got me singing the op to Hale nochi Guu... DELUXE! (trumpets) boop boop boo, da boop doop ba doop. Boop bap doo bah DOOP DOOP baDOOP!
Heavens to Betsy that anime had some good music. FINAL didn't have such a good OP, but the ED song 'Teruterubozu" was great. It might be worth it to download an episode just for that.

-k

curious
Kempis Curious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-04, 00:59   Link #29
wao
OK.

Wow, what a coincidence, I just happen to be rewatching episodes of the Guu TV series and yeah, I probably intend to drag myself through the OVA eps too (some of them were not that bad). Wasn't there that episode involving the bank robbery in the city... Wasn't that in Deluxe (or am I mistaken)? I kinda liked that one... EDIT: Sorry, not this one - that was in the TV series. I mean the one where the robber returned and had a faceoff with Dama. Sorry, I just like the Dama episodes because they're so crazy.

But I'm wondering if the manga also takes this turn of events. I'm really curious about the details in the manga, though it's kinda unfortunate there only seems to be 1 volume out scanlated (I'd read the actual manga raw but as I like keeping manga in whole series, I'd want to get all 10 at once someday but I don't know whether it's worth it)
Old 2007-12-04, 01:06   Link #30
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risaa View Post
I can't pinpoint exactly what it is but the feel of it was definitely different - I didn't crack a smile even once throughout the entire episode, whereas I laughed at every pre-city Hale Nochi Guu episode. I'm disappointed by the added drama, as well.
I remember having the same reaction to whichever OVA I started watching; Deluxe, I think. I recall watching an episode or two and then putting it aside. I haven't watched any of the OVA episodes since. Since Potatochobit gave Final such a strong endorsement, I might give that a try.

Until the return to the city at the end of the original series, no episode of Guu TV left me with the same sense of ennui as those OVA episodes. While watching the TV series, I felt compelled by a mystical force to continue with the next episode. (Either that, or fear that Guu would swallow me up if I stopped watching.)
Old 2007-12-05, 12:04   Link #31
wao
OK.

Okay, I seem to have gotten my memories messed up. After having rewatched the TV series and Deluxe and a bit of Final which was enough for me to remember things correctly, I'd rank it like this: TV anime (most) > Deluxe (most) > TV anime (some - the city eps in general) > Deluxe (1 or 2 eps) > Final

Final is definitely worth watching if you're interested in the characters' background and what they want to do in the future and how they develop. But IMO the direction and humour etc is not as good... Deluxe wasn't that bad, although I think nothing beats the first bunch of TV episodes.
EDIT: With the exception of the RPG episode that is. You guys totally have to see that if you haven't already (and play Dragon Quest before you do)

Although I have to say the Final ED is probably the best song shown in the series (with the exception of maybe the first OP, I just prefer it to Deluxe and Finals') Not only is Hale singing it, it's just such a lovely tune. A pity the full version is actually kinda meh (I don't like the instruments used).

I heard the manga is a lot more character-based and maybe a little more serious, so I'm not 100% sure I want to check it out but I'm soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo curious as to what happens to the characters after Final.

Last edited by wao; 2007-12-05 at 13:52.
wao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-06, 04:56   Link #32
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

well, we are not talking about revolutionizing the series, and production was indeed rushed and low budget, but what I liked about final was like u said, how they filled you in on some of the daily life aspects.

i really liked his new girlfriend at school

and the dressing up bit before going to school was funny. bear in mind i watched this 2 years+ ago so my memory is fuzzy. I remember something about assasins and people getting eaten at the end, so I would say it is definately worth watching, especially if u liked the first season and stuff like excel saga.
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote