AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-09-08, 20:07   Link #21
UserName

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketsueki
There has only been one bad filler episode so far... #97 i believe, the "misunderstanding" was lame, yeah. But everyone seems to have enjoyed 99 and this 100. If you don't like it then you can just stop watching Naruto till its over like some people have said they'll be doing. Just because it's a filler doesn't make it worse than a manga storyline, just makes it different. And I'm sure they can get i back on track, maybe even send Sasuke to the hospital again once it draws to an end.
Just becuase it's a filler can actually make it worse than the manga storylline. For the simple fact that fillers unless the anime is going to completely change directions wll be non progressive. It will not progress anything and will have nothing to do with anything important.
Old 2004-09-08, 20:46   Link #22
Genei Killua
Mashou no Tenshi

Send a message via AIM to Genei Killua
There are spoilers in the initial post. They should be removed.
Old 2004-09-08, 21:34   Link #23
Kouji
StrykerX

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserName
Just becuase it's a filler can actually make it worse than the manga storylline. For the simple fact that fillers unless the anime is going to completely change directions wll be non progressive. It will not progress anything and will have nothing to do with anything important.
I'd suggest that you don't continue to watch Naruto. If all your gonna complain is the "fillers". Because I see from similar posters "oh the fillers suck etc...". Really, you should just learn to get it over with and accept the fact that the anime may have fillers at times.

Afterall it's just an anime, and it's all about enjoying a great story. Not complaining about something ridiculous, such as "oh no, the episode had some fillers".
Old 2004-09-08, 21:54   Link #24
Maes Hughes
~Nyan Nyan~

Send a message via MSN to Maes Hughes
Quote:
Afterall it's just an anime, and it's all about enjoying a great story. Not complaining about something ridiculous, such as "oh no, the episode had some fillers".
I think you're kinda missing the point. Filler episodes don't advance the story in any way. That means people can't enjoy the syory since it's not abut the main story. All filler episodes do is show some crap that's meant to be entertaining. I understand why Naruto is having this filler crap, doesn't make it less annoying though.
Old 2004-09-08, 22:04   Link #25
Ketsueki

Send a message via AIM to Ketsueki Send a message via MSN to Ketsueki Send a message via Yahoo to Ketsueki
It's not advancing the story, but does it have to to enjoy the damn arc? Jeez, I hate these people who read the manga then complain the anime doesn't follow it to the letter. Enjoyment of something has nothing to do with it furthering the story, if it's fun and has some action, funnny moments and some heart you can enjoy it.

From what I saw Cowboy Bebop had loads of episodes which didn't further the main plot of the series, but they were still fun to watch. And I really dislike the fact that you are calling something crap before you even watched it yet... this elitest manga reader stuff is annoying the crap out of me recently... I read the manga too, but as I see it, if we can see some NEW naruto stuff and also get to see what we've read, then I'm all for it.

Blah... I give up in this topic.
Old 2004-09-08, 22:15   Link #26
Kouji
StrykerX

Well, still. I don't care if it has fillers. Maybe the writers wanted to have some fillers in some of the episodes. And it's not their fault. Or maybe there's a purpose as to why that there would be fillers in some of the episodes.
Old 2004-09-08, 22:17   Link #27
AngelKyo
Shizune is numba#1

Send a message via AIM to AngelKyo Send a message via MSN to AngelKyo Send a message via Yahoo to AngelKyo
personally i think the longer the series, the more entertaining it can be
Old 2004-09-08, 22:18   Link #28
UserName

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kouji
I'd suggest that you don't continue to watch Naruto. If all your gonna complain is the "fillers". Because I see from similar posters "oh the fillers suck etc...". Really, you should just learn to get it over with and accept the fact that the anime may have fillers at times.

Hey so I stop watching Naruto becuase I don't like fillers which before wasn't so present? I suggest you think before answering. Name one complaint in that? I said fillers 'can' be boring due to that reasons which were true. All of that was simple fact no opinion. So I suggest you read carefully.

Though I hate fillers, but like I do with other anime such as one piece where i have read the manga, i watch the non-filler episodes unless I am comlpetely bored then I maybe won't mind an episode about konohmaru locking himself in a room and Naruto
not just going in there and slapping some sense into him...

I hate people who complain about manga people. Like spoilers are a damn God of Death and stuff. But really they may complain about a filler because it ruins the 'tone' of Naruto or it completely contradicts a point that was the author's intent then later on the filler or alteration will go on to contradict itself. The fillers never really have a 'naruto' feel.
Old 2004-09-08, 22:31   Link #29
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
I read the manga too, but as I see it, if we can see some NEW naruto stuff and also get to see what we've read, then I'm all for it.
Excellent. We now have one more reasonable Manga-reader to the side of filler-is-not-crap-till-you-see-it.
Quote:
Blah... I give up in this topic.
I suppose the mods are taking pity on this thread since Vicious-kun or Dranz are late with the new episode discussion thread. Other alternate thread creator, the Ojisan, is also missing. I wonder if NoSanniwa-san or Nightwish will be kind enough to create the new episode thread and boot this one with all the good wishes from the anime-only watchers.

Hint: Its not a filler if a viewer doesn't know about it.
Old 2004-09-08, 22:34   Link #30
mashimaro_boy

Quote:
I think you're kinda missing the point. Filler episodes don't advance the story in any way. That means people can't enjoy the syory since it's not abut the main story. All filler episodes do is show some crap that's meant to be entertaining. I understand why Naruto is having this filler crap, doesn't make it less annoying though.
if you want to advance the story read the manga
Old 2004-09-08, 22:46   Link #31
HopelessLover

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir
I suppose the mods are taking pity on this thread since Vicious-kun or Dranz are late with the new episode discussion thread. Other alternate thread creator, the Ojisan, is also missing. I wonder if NoSanniwa-san or Nightwish will be kind enough to create the new episode thread and boot this one with all the good wishes from the anime-only watchers.

Who the hell cares if the regular naruto freaks didn't make the episode thread like they always do. Just use this one to discuss episode 100. It's not a big deal.
Old 2004-09-08, 22:53   Link #32
Ketsueki

Send a message via AIM to Ketsueki Send a message via MSN to Ketsueki Send a message via Yahoo to Ketsueki
Quote:
Originally Posted by HopelessLover
Who the hell cares if the regular naruto freaks didn't make the episode thread like they always do. Just use this one to discuss episode 100. It's not a big deal.
Dont know if you noticed but this is a #100 thread for manga readers... hence the [spoiler] part in the title of the topic... anime only dude's need their own thread which is usually made by a moderator who puts a big bunch of rules in the initial post.
Old 2004-09-08, 23:09   Link #33
Maes Hughes
~Nyan Nyan~

Quote:
It's not advancing the story, but does it have to to enjoy the damn arc? Jeez, I hate these people who read the manga then complain the anime doesn't follow it to the letter. Enjoyment of something has nothing to do with it furthering the story, if it's fun and has some action, funnny moments and some heart you can enjoy it.
Heh, you presume too much. I don't follow the manga. The only thing I've done is read a few chapters at random due to boredom. I've also been informed about the story that was meant to going on right now, well bits of it anyway. Also it's not wanting the anime to follow the manga to the letter to want it to keep to an interesting story. You can say what the hell you like about these filler eps being funny (I don't recall at actually laughing at any of the filler eps myself, whatever though...), but when did Naruto become a comedy? Sure, it has it's funny moments, but I follow Naruto for it's story and action, not for a few fairly funny scenes that are thrown in here and there.

I'm fully allowed to put what I think. Don't try to act superior because you have a different view on the subject, please. =/

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashimaro boy
if you want to advance the story read the manga
I don't really read manga. I prefer to watch Naruto animated instead of reading it. With most animes that follow their manga I see manga as the plot, anime as the plot made enjoyable. I don't read manga due to now wanting to spoil the anime.
Old 2004-09-08, 23:26   Link #34
Zek
Eyebrows...

Quote:
Dont know if you noticed but this is a #100 thread for manga readers... hence the [spoiler] part in the title of the topic... anime only dude's need their own thread which is usually made by a moderator who puts a big bunch of rules in the initial post.
Um, when a thread is made in regards to an anime episode and the only thing written in the title is "Spoilers," it is assumed to be referring to anime spoilers. Obviously Rasegan got a little overexcited with his opinion and needed to make a thread, but that doesn't justify the unmarked manga spoilers in his opening post.
Old 2004-09-08, 23:27   Link #35
Leo_Otaku
俺たちはリトルバスターズ!

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
WEll A filler is better than a recap 0_o gez damn those recaps
Old 2004-09-08, 23:31   Link #36
Ketsueki

Naruto has always had comedy elements from the very first episode... and I am superior... I have more posts and am older, I ownzor y0u!!! (thats a joke btw)

But if your an anime watcher, I don't see why your so pissed about getting to watch more naruto than you usually would if it always followed the manga to the letter. Like I keep saying, just because it's a filler doesn't mean its going to be bad, and i said it would probably have funny stuff and action probably, it seems that if they brung in a guest writer for Naruto he's not going to slack and give us some bull crap... he's going to do stuff with the characters he's wanted to do and have some really good stuff.

I mean, if any of us could write a small arc for naruto (or direct it or something, for those of us not good at writing), we'd want to milk the opertunity for all it's worth... get as much out of the character as posible. I'm not saying that this is going to be a great arc for sure, I have no idea, and it's posible for it to be crappy, but dont judge something before you've even watched it.

It's logical to assume the guy writing the filler arc didn't write these last few filler episodes seeing as they are unrealted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zek
Um, when a thread is made in regards to an anime episode and the only thing written in the title is "Spoilers," it is assumed to be referring to anime spoilers. Obviously Rasegan got a little overexcited with his opinion and needed to make a thread, but that doesn't justify the unmarked manga spoilers in his opening post.
Even his post had manga spoilers within it, so I just assumed thats what the tag was for, usually thats what they are put there for in these forums. This thread won't last much longer more than likly.

I forgot! (edit) ~ I quit this topic... not more from me!

Last edited by Ketsueki; 2004-09-08 at 23:43.
Old 2004-09-08, 23:44   Link #37
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maes Hughes
I don't really read manga. I prefer to watch Naruto animated instead of reading it. With most animes that follow their manga I see manga as the plot, anime as the plot made enjoyable. I don't read manga due to now wanting to spoil the anime.
Interesting. Then how do you discern between what is filler and what is not filler when you are not "informed about the story that was meant to going on right now"? As it has been observed, the anime is catching up pretty fast to the manga. Only way to put comfortable distance between the two is to have filler episodes in the manga. Longer running series always had this problem and the Naruto-series is not going to have any exception either. Fans just have to deal with it, especially the manga fans who are whining about fillers.
Old 2004-09-09, 00:14   Link #38
strategos

people are forgetting

even if we asume that the anime is made by other persons, the anime wont be release with out the seal or sign of approval form the author of the series. The author must see the story or changes they made in the anime to approve it. Probably the author just want something differente from the manga.WHat would be the point of watching the anime if we already know what is going to happend step by step. Some changes have to be made in order to make better stuff.
Old 2004-09-09, 00:20   Link #39
Maes Hughes
~Nyan Nyan~

Quote:
Naruto has always had comedy elements from the very first episode...
Your right. But did I ever say Naruto didn't have some comedy in it? No. What I did say is that the show isn't a comedy. If it was a comedy there would be need for the involving and sometimes dark story, serious fights, music like Orochimaru's theme, etc. Apart from these fillers I find Naruto funny, most of the time. The thing is, I don't watch Naruto because it's a funny, I watch it because it has a great story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by "Ketsueki
But if your an anime watcher, I don't see why your so pissed about getting to watch more naruto than you usually would if it always followed the manga to the letter. Like I keep saying, just because it's a filler doesn't mean its going to be bad, and i said it would probably have funny stuff and action probably, it seems that if they brung in a guest writer for Naruto he's not going to slack and give us some bull crap... he's going to do stuff with the characters he's wanted to do and have some really good stuff.
I wouldn't mind the filler, if I found it entertaining. I'd still be pissed about it not following the manga being as it's the story the anime follows and the story that I watch Naruto because of. I like Naruto and just don't want see something I like ruined because of these fillers, or at least I don't want the part that should be in the anime now ruined. If this new mission filler is entertaining and has some sort of relation to what should be happening soon in the anime I won't mind.

Quote:
Interesting. Then how do you discern between what is filler and what is not filler when you are not "informed about the story that was meant to going on right now"?
Read the rest of my post that you quoted. You never know, you might find out. =)

Anyway, it's very late here. I'm off to bed.
Old 2004-09-09, 01:18   Link #40
shino bugged
shino

i think the fillers are okay ill still watch naruto , becouse iam a huge fanboy.

but it would realy suck if people in japan dislike the filler arc so they stop watching and it's canceled becouse of ratings .
Closed Thread