AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Closed Thread

Old 2004-09-09, 01:18   Link #41
Nubixkube

I kind of like the anime filler episodes due to the fact that I have no idea what's going to happen unlike when it follows the manga. None of the ones I've seen yet have been "that bad," but not great either. Judging by the preview though, it looks like it's time for a mission so this should be interesting.
Old 2004-09-09, 01:31   Link #42
Animizzle
Cool as a Cucumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by killusuka
adding fillers is the maker's choice and sadly, you and me cannot do anything about it, even if you cry blood..
ditto that, and this has been discussed over and over already...
there is little to say except that it's

TOTALLY PERSONAL

how one deals with fillers.

and a tip for all the impatient filler-haters,

Try to watch some other anime, there are tons of anime out there ripped and subbed just waiting for you to download. Naruto is only one of so many. You will see if you focus less on Naruto and more on other anime's, releases will go faster and you'll be less upset of something does not go according to your image.

lay back and relax little tyke, good times will come again!
Old 2004-09-09, 01:37   Link #43
Karala

I would honestly have no problem with a filler arc, if it was done at a good time. In this case it's not at all a place that should be stopped at as Sasuke's mental stability from various encounters he's experienced recently is what I believe to be partly responsible for decision he makes. Now, if this becomes a long filler, that element will be gone. Not to mention, from what I've seen of Naruto fillers, it will be crap. Crap with no advancing plot.

I don't know why people have to argue on the matter, it does have to happen (or it doesn't, like with Cardcaptor Sakura where they made a few short seasons in order to stay true to the manga; though I never expected that much of Naruto) either now or in the middle of the next arc, both of which are a bad place.

I don't mind fillers in some ways, really, they bring something original to the series... but just... not now. This wasn't planned very well... after the Gaara fight would've been best... I think, I can't remember all the circumstances around the end of that arc... but yeah.. I'll stop ranting on something that we really have no idea on yet.
Old 2004-09-09, 01:56   Link #44
Spooky-Electric

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketsueki
And the build up for Lee is good actully, it's nice to see some more indepth views on his choice of weather to do it or not... and in the manga its stupid he's up and running as soon as the operation is over.
Thanks for spoiling that, jackass.
Old 2004-09-09, 02:12   Link #45
Kouji
StrykerX

Ketsueki, you know better than to have those open spoilers. When in fact that there may be other posters that haven't seen ep 100 yet.

Which I'm kinda disappointed.
Old 2004-09-09, 03:47   Link #46
yinstro

problem with anime fillers is, it sucks and disjoints the story. I d have no problem with filler, if it was good. But the filler here ispretty trashy, when trying to be funny, it really isnt. emotional, not really, exciting? nope. yes cowboy bebop had great fillers that didnt advance the lot, the people at this studio dont. not only that but they put it in inoppurtune places where it will make the rest of the story make less sense. i think maybe 3 or 4people have truely liked these last few episides, the most i ve heard is it was ok... to it was sucky. they need to step up thier skill with making filler if they are gonna do it.
Old 2004-09-09, 04:15   Link #47
Dez
Speshul

Send a message via AIM to Dez
Uh. Didn't Card Captor Sakura have a few sideplots that were entirely glossed over(Rika-Terada)? Dozens more clow cards than the manga? Added main characters? Different rules governing the cards? And a completely different ending?

Yes, let's make Naruto like CCS!

I'm not very happy with the timing of this filler arc thing and I already discussed this at length with Ketsueki over IMs, so instead of repeating myself all over again, and mostly just to amuse myself, I present: Storytime With Dez!

Spoiler for There were open manga spoilers in the first post, if you made it this far congratulations! Read further at your own risk! MANGA MANGA MANGA:

The moral of the story is: Filler isn't evil, but badly timed filler is.

Moral #2: Dez's sense of humor sucks, feel free to laugh at her. SHe'll just blame the sleep deprivation.
Old 2004-09-09, 04:43   Link #48
JubeiYamazaki

Send a message via AIM to JubeiYamazaki
I've got epsiode 100 downloading right now, so as of its "good or bad" I don't know. But as to the previous fillers, lets say episode 99. I thought it was extremely good. I mean in the manga when Tsunade took over, I always saw her as a really strong old lady then a Hokage, just someone to fill in the spot so the story can keep going, but from 98 to 99 it really showed her as a Hokage, and not some fill in, and actually gave Konohamaru more of a personality then just some Naruto wanna-be poser. Konohamaru gained closure from his grandpa's death and that also gave me a sense of closure too, that knowing Tsunade's most harsh critic accepts her as the new Hokage, also helped me see her as a real Hokage. I'm really enjoying these filler episodes greatly.
Old 2004-09-09, 05:05   Link #49
ShikaShika
無罪

Quote:
Originally Posted by strategos
even if we asume that the anime is made by other persons, the anime wont be release with out the seal or sign of approval form the author of the series. The author must see the story or changes they made in the anime to approve it. Probably the author just want something differente from the manga.WHat would be the point of watching the anime if we already know what is going to happend step by step. Some changes have to be made in order to make better stuff.
The author does the manga and nothing more. He has NO control over the anime. Personally, to me Naruto is what Kishimoto has written. I don't like filler because it waters out the story, making it less enjoyable. If I had it my way they'd do it to the letter, because even though I'd know everything that would happen, I'd enjoy everything. Unfortunatly the anime is aimed at a much younger demographic so we get there "funny" filler eps with Konohamaru and whatnot. I'd rather see that they cut down on the release rate than add filler.

I know I'm coming off as an "elitist", but it's just painful to see what they're doing, because you know that a letter by letter conversion from the manga would be sooo good, but now we'll never get to see it. Ever.
Old 2004-09-09, 06:05   Link #50
Technoelfie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animizzle
there is little to say except that it's

TOTALLY PERSONAL

how one deals with fillers.
Thank you! I'm really happy about the filler arc, especially now I've seen the preview for the next episode. *squees with fangirly glee*

Spoiler:

Their love is like, so spicy!
Old 2004-09-09, 06:09   Link #51
gibits
Endless

I can't say for sure if the next few esp. will be good or not but i like this one. The Lee story should have been done in more depth, as well as the 5th's acenstion. The timing for Lee's side story fits better than in the mist of a bunch of sound nin fights, which i felt disjointed the more. We also see the 5th acting like she deserves the title. Really what's not to like?

But going into missions i'm a bit iffy about, since i liked how the conflict b/w naruto and sasuke took off so quickly. But hey we might get a chance to see kakashi's face, so that's something to look forward to.
Old 2004-09-09, 06:42   Link #52
FlyByNite

I've read all the manga up to the current chapter. Who cares if they throw in filler, pretty soon they'd catch up to the manga anyway.

If you think the filler isn't needed then DON'T WATCH IT. Just wait until the 'manga stuff' is animated again and watch that. If you complain about having to 'wait for it'. If they caught up to the manga and ONLY wanted to use the manga they'd have to stop production anyway. So you'd be waiting either way.

Personally with the movie being completely original and not shown in the manga and the movie seemingly not meshing with the manga storyline I'm welcoming a change in the anime.

IMO this could work out good.
#1)Have Team 7 go on some missions(This would include movie)
#2)Have Naruto/Sasuke tension continue to mount
#3)Have Team 7 FAIL a mission BECAUSE of Sasuke trying to one-up Naruto.
#4)THEN have this scene from the manga
Spoiler:
and continue with the manga

I think that would work well.

Now as for ep 100
Spoiler:
Old 2004-09-09, 06:43   Link #53
LuckyStrike

has there ever been an episode with so little Naruto in it as this one? I swear Naruto was seen for about... 10 seconds?

infact the most interesting part is the preview of the next episode, that had better not disappoint
Old 2004-09-09, 07:46   Link #54
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Who cares if there's an episode that doesn't focus on Naruto, just because he's the main character doesn't mean you have to see him all the time. I thought this episode was okay, and Gai is silly funny.
Old 2004-09-09, 08:13   Link #55
rorosama

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyByNite
Now as for ep 100
Spoiler:
They showed hina-chan?! What about shino?
Old 2004-09-09, 08:41   Link #56
FlyByNite

Quote:
Originally Posted by rorosama
They showed hina-chan?! What about shino?
Yea, pretty much all the ninja teams were there. But it was a quick scene.
Old 2004-09-09, 08:57   Link #57
Ippo-Kun
fRoG PuNCh!~!@

NOTE: the following is a newbie anime question

wats a filler arc? and why do they want to put more distance between the manga and tha anime?
Old 2004-09-09, 09:00   Link #58
Ippo-Kun
fRoG PuNCh!~!@

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technoelfie
Thank you! I'm really happy about the filler arc, especially now I've seen the preview for the next episode. *squees with fangirly glee*

Spoiler:

Their love is like, so spicy!
another newbie q: who's ramen girl?
Old 2004-09-09, 09:10   Link #59
Technoelfie

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ippo-Kun
another newbie q: who's ramen girl?
She's a very minor character who works at the Ichiraku ramen stand. Her actual name is Ayame as far as I know. She appears very rarely, but she's young and pretty and thus shippable. I'd say more but I don't want to spoil anything.
Old 2004-09-09, 09:21   Link #60
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
wats a filler arc?
It is a widely accepted definition that it's a series of episodes that were not in the author's work (read: the manga) originally, but rather made up by a secondary party (the animators )

Quote:
and why do they want to put more distance between the manga and tha anime?
I don't really think they are eager to put distance between the two, but rather that if the anime catches up to the manga, one of the apocalyptic scenarios that many members have described will take place.

Yeah, fear the armaggedon, ragnarok, giant worms eating the planet, or.... oh nos! a filler arc!
Closed Thread