AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Maria-sama

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-09-08, 21:53   Link #1
Jon-o

Japanese scripts?

Forgive me if this is the wrong place to ask, but are the scripts for Marimite available anywhere? I'm not looking for translations, or timed scripts, but just the plain japanese ones.

The reason is that, while waiting for the next gloriously-subtitled episode to come out, I'm making a feeble attempt at figuring out the raw. As my Japanese is only a very small baby-step away from nonexistent, sometimes I just can't make out what the words are, let alone what they mean! It would be nice in those cases to have something to refer to...

To give you an idea of how pathetic I really am, the sentence I'm stuck on is number 2 of episode 7. The first sentence is fine though (with the help of the dictionary to make some corrections...)! My (admittedly ambitious) goal for now is to get through up to the opening credits before the sub appears, and I can find just how many mistakes I've made.

Thanks for any suggestions!
Old 2004-09-09, 00:09   Link #2
kj1980
kaii~...kana? kana?

Roughly, putting that entire scene into English might be something like this (according to how I take the English language nuance to be in):

Yumi: The new school year has begun, and we became juniors (second year of high school). As successors to the roses that graduated, Sachiko-sama is now the Rosa Chinensis, Rei-sama is the Rosa Foetida, and Shimako-san became the Rosa Gigantea.

Sachiko: Onto the next topic, let us discuss about the upcoming St. Mary's Festival in mid May. On that morning, the Father will bring us the medallions that we will be giving to the new students. I designate the responsibilty to receive those medallions to you two boutons.

Yumi: Yes

Yoshino: Yes

Sachiko: And Rosa Gigantea, in regards to the roses that we will be putting on...

Yoshino: umm..

[silence as Shimako-san is in melancholy]

Yumi: Shi...Shimako-san? Shimako-san!

Shimako: oh...yes?

[opening credits]

Hope that helped
Old 2004-09-09, 23:08   Link #3
Jon-o

Thanks! That does help a lot. It's not really what I was looking for though - Ideally, I'd like to get just a transcription of the Japanese text in romaji or hiragana or any other alphabet, pretty much - I don't mind sorting out the kanji a bit, since it'd just get used for reference on the lines that I couldn't quite make out in listening to it.

No idea if such a thing might exist or not...
Old 2004-09-10, 00:25   Link #4
kj1980
kaii~...kana? kana?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon-o
Thanks! That does help a lot. It's not really what I was looking for though - Ideally, I'd like to get just a transcription of the Japanese text in romaji or hiragana or any other alphabet, pretty much - I don't mind sorting out the kanji a bit, since it'd just get used for reference on the lines that I couldn't quite make out in listening to it.

No idea if such a thing might exist or not...
Do you mean an "aft-reco daihon?" I don't think they wouldn't be available to people outside of Japan. Heck, those are even hard to get in Japan as well.
Old 2004-09-10, 17:56   Link #5
Jon-o

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
Do you mean an "aft-reco daihon?" I don't think they wouldn't be available to people outside of Japan. Heck, those are even hard to get in Japan as well.
Aft-reco daihon? Sounds nasty. Is it contagious?

Ok, thanks anyway. I didn't really expect anything official to be available. Just wondering if, in making fansubs, anyone transcribed the dialogue and had a text file of it lying around somewhere.
Old 2004-09-10, 19:36   Link #6
hooliganj
Team Player

I'm pretty sure the recording scripts are taken up once their usefullness has ended. The studio wouldn't want the plot to get out before the episode airs.
Closed Thread