AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

View Poll Results: What is your favorite Fullmetal Alchemist ending song?
KESENAI TSUMI, by Nana Kitade 45 44.12%
TOBIRA NO MUKOU HE, by Yellow Generation 26 25.49%
MOTHERLAND, by Crystal Kay 19 18.63%
I WILL, by Sowelu 12 11.76%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2004-09-09, 21:55   Link #1
Fighter Volk
Thanks sakurabatou @ LJ

Favorite Ending Song

Well, this is the same as the other poll for FMA openings, except the battle is between the four endings this time. The same rules apply - base your vote on the quality of the music and the animation combined.

The victor is clear in my eyes this time around - it's the first ending, Kesenai Tsumi by Nana Kitade. It's really angsty and captures the general feeling of Fullmetal Alchemist really well. The animation is awesome - I love the two Elric brothers sitting there and looking really angsty for the first half, and then some Ed vs. Al later on. The song is also my favorite, hands down, out of the four.

Yellow Generation's Tobira no Mukou He takes second place. It's an awesome song, with lots of good animation, but not as good as Kesenai Tsumi. It gets bonus points, though, because the effect it made by kicking in before the episode was over was excellent.

Motherland is out immediately. The song doesn't have an FMA feel at all, despite it being a good song overall, and the animation is nothing to write home about.

I Will still doesn't match FMA as much as the first two did, although it's better than Motherland. It has the best animation out of all four going for it, though.
Old 2004-09-10, 01:28   Link #2
phoenixfire92983

Send a message via ICQ to phoenixfire92983 Send a message via AIM to phoenixfire92983 Send a message via MSN to phoenixfire92983
This poll is much easier than the other one hehe Without a doubt, Nana Kitade kicks butt with her song "Kesenai Tsumi". I love the melody, the emotion, and the animation that goes along with the song.

Yellow Generation's was just ok....The animation was ok, but the song wasn't quite up to par compared to Nana Kitade's.

The last two endings were horrible. The songs may be ok, but the animation didn't fit at all. These two really just served as little more than fanservice.

Now, if they did "Rewrite" as the opening, and "Kesenai Tsumi" as the ending....that would be a ultimate combination cause both are upbeat and rockish. The tones in the animation would also match up quite well too.
Old 2004-09-10, 02:26   Link #3
Terrant

I'm gonna sound stupid, but I'm going with Motherland..I loved the lyrics, and there was just something about the song that really touched me, and it went well with the animation. It wasn't as kickass and vicious as some of the other songs, but it had a sweet sad feeling that really got to me.
Old 2004-09-10, 05:08   Link #4
hooliganj
Team Player

I also thought Motherland was a really good song, but Kesenai Tsumi is really the true theme for FMA. Of all the songs in the anime, it did the best job of capturing the mood of the show.
Old 2004-09-10, 05:16   Link #5
DarknessTear
Anime-Future/Static-Subs

I will has a lot of meaning, pretty much a tribute to the dead, if you didn't notice it, watch it again. It choked me up a little.
Old 2004-09-10, 05:41   Link #6
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

KESENAI TSUMI definately, that ED made the series memorable for me. It was the way the first few bars of the track always started over the last few seconds of the anime. Especially memorable was Psiren's 'hah!' as she jumped into the air...
Old 2004-09-10, 16:06   Link #7
Migs

I would have said Kesenai Tsumi earlier but after hearing I Will (maybe a little too much), I voted on the 4th ED. There's just something about the song that delivers the emotional side of the series, whereas Kesenai Tsumi delivers the action and excitement for the show, which is normally shown in the opening.
Old 2004-09-10, 16:54   Link #8
OMchan
オムちゃん

I actually like all the ED themes. But "Motherland" is my favourite overall. Then it's "Kesenai Tsumi" is in a close second. The other two are alright. :P

Kimi ni Todoke
Old 2004-09-10, 17:20   Link #9
UssoKK

I think the problem is, people should judge the songs and ED videos seperately. And Re Migs:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Migs
.........whereas Kesenai Tsumi delivers the action and excitement for the show, which is normally shown in the opening.
I couldn't agree more. Kesenai Tsumi was a good song, but it got a little hard on the ears if you put it on Repeat (unlike the other songs). I think it fit the 1st "season", which had a action but not (a LOT) of Death and Tragedy. Which leads into "I Will", which I think is a great song but kinda inappropriate for the final episodes with all the death that's going to be going on, and we all know we will Or mabye it's supposed to cheer the viewers up.....

As for the other two, Yellow Generation's Tobira no Mukou He and Crystal Kay's Motherland are the best songs suited for the series, IMO. Music wise, not video wise, since Motherland's video is just for us guys that want to see Winry being all cute in a Moe (sister?) kind of way.

So....
Video-wise
I Will
Kesenai Tsumi
Tobira no....
Motherland

Music-wise
Motherland - Becuase even though it's sad and wistful, it still has a sense of hope and is not slow enough to be classified as a "Ballad"
Tobira no Mukou (Close to 1st)/ I Will (TIE)
Kesenai Tsumi - Too Rockish and action-y...that's what the openings are for.

Edit: I retract my statement somewhat, because when I watch the 4th sepia-toned ending, I Will seems more melancholy than just audio-only. Ah, what a choice XP

Last edited by UssoKK; 2004-09-10 at 21:23.
Old 2004-09-10, 17:39   Link #10
WristBandMan

the thing i liked about the first two ending songs are the way they blend into the anime ending scenes...
Old 2004-09-10, 17:42   Link #11
Fighter Volk
Thanks sakurabatou @ LJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by UssoKK
I think the problem is, people should judge the songs and ED videos seperately.
That's the whole challenge - to make your vote based on both the animation and the song. I did this on purpose, because I know it will make people think a little
Old 2004-09-10, 17:43   Link #12
inner-ruki
Ineresable Sin

Kesenai Tsumiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii *o*!!!
Old 2004-09-10, 20:17   Link #13
ChainLegacy
廉頗

"We are always screaming"

'Nuff said.
Old 2004-09-11, 13:23   Link #14
seiftis
~Please kill me.

Motherland
I just love this one
Old 2004-10-07, 18:14   Link #15
xChaoZx

personally i think motherland is best and for those who say it doesnt go with the story i dont get u....it has alot to do with the story....how the bro's lost their home etc and how winry loves em xD saying they have a home to go back to
Old 2004-10-08, 15:23   Link #16
zefiris

Yellow Generation's Tobira no Mukou He is the best. I ordered the FMA OP/ED CD mainly because of that. And the ending MTV with no credits!

Kesenai Tsumi is ok, but I just can't stand her voice...
Old 2004-10-10, 19:13   Link #17
crazyXsunshine

yesh

TOBIRA NO MUKOU EHHHHHHHHHHHH

and then the SAKENDERUUUUU is really good
i like it soo muchhhhh
but first one isn't bad.

but the way tobira no mukou eh kicks in the midst of the anime is just really really good.
Old 2004-10-10, 19:26   Link #18
sanguinivore

doesnt anyone think motherland SUCKED...?
Old 2004-10-12, 13:26   Link #19
XusSiht

Send a message via MSN to XusSiht
Without any doubt Kensai tsumi the other sucked really hard
Old 2004-11-05, 05:47   Link #20
The Great Yuri
Dis-Member

whoops, voted for the wrong one :s

I like the yellow generation one. Unt the last end song featured on FMA.
Closed Thread