AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Old 2004-09-10, 12:26   Link #1
qabalabard

Unhappy poor neji and tenten..

does anyone else feel sorry for neji and tenten?
somehow i get the feeling that gai is a bit biased towards rock lee, haha.
-kevin
qabalabard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-10, 12:32   Link #2
Xarrais
Hinata *drool*

Quote:
Originally Posted by qabalabard
does anyone else feel sorry for neji and tenten?
somehow i get the feeling that gai is a bit biased towards rock lee, haha.
-kevin

They both see him as kinda a dits and train on their own mostly. At least from what I saw of the training he did during the chuunin exam. Though there was flashs were he was teaching all 3 of them various moves. The only one he didn't teach the others was the Extremel lotus. But only lee was aboule to master the initial lotus so the others wouldn't be able to go to the next lvl anyway.
Xarrais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-10, 13:08   Link #3
yinstro

apparently gai has dealings with neiji too, in the early fight he said something about agreeing toi let his beef not interfere. Basically it seems gais strategy is hard work and so you see them training alot. It seems though only lee was able to learn some of gais techniques. the real poor one is tenten, shes just an assistant to neiji.
yinstro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-10, 14:43   Link #4
Xarrais
Hinata *drool*

Tenten is neji's sakura. Only neji has found a usage for her unlike sasuke.
Xarrais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-10, 17:58   Link #5
Will
Toebeard the Pirate

Send a message via AIM to Will Send a message via MSN to Will
Thing is, it seems to me like the Jounin teachers are there to help the students with their own development. Most of the kids come from a clan where they have techniques passed down to them and as such dont need instruction in whole new techniques, but rather general help in the application of what they already know. This is why the teachers are of elite level, as they are likely to have a good knowledge of all the leaf's esoteric jutsu even if themselves unable to use them. This is seen especially in Asuma and Kurenai's teams. Gai is actually one of the more hands on (restrain yourselves, Yaoi fangirls) teachers. Obviously this is necessary in the case of Lee who needed the most help, but you can see his influence in TenTen's Rising Dragon technique too, namely at the start when she uses the beginning of the Initial Lotus technique to launch herself into the air (ie the crouchy warp jump bit seen after Lee boots the opponent into the air and just before Shadow Dance, also as nicked by Sasuke as the start of his ShiShi Rendan). It's a minor detail, but then TenTen is a relatively underdeveloped character and we havent seen any of her other skills. Which is a shame as I think she's kind of cute.

So basically, I think Gai helps Neji and TenTen as much as they need, which of course, in Neji's case, simply means extracting his head from his arse when necessary and letting him do his own thing. He focuses on Lee, of course, but doesnt neglect the other two.
Old 2004-09-10, 18:36   Link #6
Sabaku no Gaara
OMG ****ing EMONINJA ><

Send a message via AIM to Sabaku no Gaara Send a message via MSN to Sabaku no Gaara
Why, neji and tenten can also perform ninjutsu and genjutsu whereas Rock Lee can't....plus Rock Lee was pretty messed up by Gaara

I feel for Lee more than anything
Sabaku no Gaara is offline   Reply With Quote