AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-01-29, 01:36   Link #21
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
A torrent for the raws of episodes 26- 49 (End) just came out.

I wish we'd gotten to the
Spoiler for Manga:
in the anime.
Old 2007-01-29, 13:03   Link #22
chrno

Send a message via AIM to chrno
Y'know I really enjoyed this series from what I did see of it. I have the series on VCD. During that time the only translations I had was what old fansites provided. Minded many of them are gone. Two of them had quick summaries of what the 48 episodes were about. There was one site that had a ton of info. on stuff for the last volume. I ran out and picked up a couple. And man oh man talk about silly as all hell.

A poor exorcist teacher, a demon hand, crazy students, teacher he likes who's scared of his antics and always smacks the crap out him (not meaning to only to appologize later), and a ice spirit who loves him. Ice soup, ice cubes, ice cream anyone?

'Hell Teacher Nube' is very Japanese. Ghosts, ghouls, monsters, fox demons and the whole nine yards. And the slapstick humor was hilarious! Just from the 2 manga I bought I could not stop laughing. And while some antics were poor excuse for fanservice, you couldn't help but shake your head and laugh. Because his style is similar to the stuff 'Go Nagai' pulls off in his humor. I'm a fan of 'Go Nagai', so of naturally I found a love for 'Hell Teacher Nube'.

Who knows one day, animation studios will probably look back to some of the old manga and maybe one day, 'Hell Teacher Nube' will be one that gets picked. I need to sit down and watch that series. But I would like to see this series translated. But they have yet to release this series on DVD. Chances are if they do they'll probably do boxsets. I'm starting to notice a lot of older series getting released.

"I'm afraid 400 years won't cover me."

Last edited by chrno; 2007-01-29 at 13:17.
chrno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-01, 06:05   Link #23
kuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrno View Post
But they have yet to release this series on DVD. Chances are if they do they'll probably do boxsets.
Out for more than 6 months:

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=DSTD-2541
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=DSTD-2571
kuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-01, 18:16   Link #24
chrno

Send a message via AIM to chrno
Hahaha!! This happens all the time. You know of a show that's old. You look around and you find nothing. You wonder with all the new DVD sets coming out will they ever start publishing some old stuff. You try to look around some more and you don't find it. Then you ask about it and later find there is a release and that it was just recently and been out for some time. Hahahaha!! This is a surprise. Guess folks will get the chance to see a classic again.

Sometimes I often wonder if releases of an older show spark interests for reviving it.

Thanks for that update 'kuru'.

"I'm afraid 400 years won't cover me."
chrno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-02, 17:34   Link #25
Super Ska Master

I wanna watch this series. I think it was a crime that Nube wasn't playable in Jump Ultimate Stars.
Old 2007-03-05, 12:44   Link #26
Michael Hopcroft
Embarrassed!

Send a message via AIM to Michael Hopcroft
Hell Teacher Nube

Apparently a new group, Devil Fansubs, has begun a release of one of my favorite, sorely-neglected old-school anime series; Hell Teacher Nube.

Numeno-sensei is a spiritualist who teaches at The Junior High School About to be Swallowed Whole by Hell (TM). Not only must he mentor his students but he must also protect them as they constantly butt into the business end of Japanese mythology. Fortunately for them (but probably not him), Numeno-sensei has the hand of a powerful demon grafted onto his right arm, enabling him to focus incredible dark energies.

Nube also loves a woman, and a woman loves him. Unfortunately, they aren't the same woman!

Spoiler:
Old 2007-03-05, 12:46   Link #27
Nemo_N
Anime Leecher

Episode 1 is out! (Haven't d/l myself yet)

In any case:

Watch it. Love it.
Nemo_N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-05, 15:30   Link #28
Bokkoman

Yup, I released it. I'm part of Devil Fansub.
Join the website, http://devilfansub.awardspace.com and irc.rizon.net @ #devil.
We are a new group, so everything is still new for us, and we all are beginners, but i did most of the things; timing, typesetting, encoding, except translating .

Enjoy it.
Bokkoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-05, 17:04   Link #29
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

When I was browsing through the torrent listings the name stood out . So I checked the synopsis and it was pretty intresting . I am looking forward to watching it and I am a sucker for old school anime
Old 2007-03-05, 18:03   Link #30
NeoSam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bokkoman View Post
We are a new group, so everything is still new for us, and we all are beginners, but i did most of the things; timing, typesetting, encoding, except translating .

Enjoy it.
Hehe, great thanks for subbing this

I never dreamt that this will really get fansubbed
Old 2007-03-06, 17:30   Link #31
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Jigoku Sensei Nube is a really good anime I really enjoyed watching it . Its a mixture of Horror and Action in right proportion . Reminds you of the classic Debiru Man . Lot many parllels can be drawn here

Though this series is from 90s its devoid of the crazy 90s hairstyle associated with male leads ( ie DNA2 ) thats quite a releif . The pace is slow unlike Debiru Man which is a good thing . Though it comes in shonen genre the mythological part regarding monsters is quite fascinating

I am praying these series continues getting fansubbed that too regularly . Thanx Devil Fansubs keep up the good work
Old 2007-03-06, 20:03   Link #32
Guido

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bokkoman View Post

Enjoy it.
I haven't praise the Devil-Fansubs staff for bringing Nube into the light for all of the international fans.

Nube aired in my country and likely throughout most of the Latin American continent through cable-TV around the years 2003-2004. While it is a way old title everytime that I would be rewatching the episodes somehow it manages to bring something new or irreverently hilarious that makes the whole experience different.

I think that Nube is the archetype parody of the heroic male leads that dominated the anime shounen genre during the 70's.

Nube at first sight is lousy, womanizer, gauffy, worst of all bankrupt that whether the students like it or not is his very nature, however, this nature of his has an advantage.
The spirits will tend to look down on him or underestimate him at first sight of his looks without never suspecting the humongous power of his hidden oni-no-te.

In addition, the latinamerican Spanish dub for Nube remained closely faithful to the Japanese broadcast which means- full and complete opening and endings songs without the lyrics being translated from its original language; all content of gags, jokes, violence, insinuations, and blood kept intact, meaning: no cuts, no edits, no trimming, no digital re-coloring, no skipped or jumping between scenes, and no banned episodes.

IMO, I think that the voice cast in the Spanish dub for at least the characters of Nube, Kyoko, and Hiroshi is better than the original Japanese voice cast.
The voices in the Mexican Spanish sound more funny and hysterical to accentuate the crude humor or comedy moments and change easily to a tone of pronounced despair, concern, and rage when the scenes cut to the action and suspense sequences.

To give an example, I noticed that there's a boy's voice heard delivering the title for the episode in the original Japanese broadcast. For the Mexican dub the voice heard at the start of each episode, delivering the title, is that of a girl making the intro sequence quite creepy to agitate the mood.

No words can describe the feeling I am getting to know that Nube at last has made into the fansubs. Now it will take time for people to get curious about Nube, seeing the anime, and hope to get hooked up.

And before I leave, I have to deliver a reminder note to those who are relatively beginners with this series.

Please, I request that do not post the question in this thread if Jigoku Sensei Nube has any relation to do with Jigoku Shoujo.

Those two titles are totally different shows.
The Nube anime has the word Jigoku, for hell, because from my interpretation Nube has a demon's claw for a left hand, hence, his nickname as the Hell Teacher.

The word 'hell' and the realm of 'hell' is quite mentioned often throughout the series, but the only ones sent to hell are the oni, youkai, yasha, and yurei that Nube exterminates not humans.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-06, 21:02   Link #33
White Manju Bun
What would you know!
*Author

So glad to see this in the fansubbed forum! I read the first part of this thread a while ago and was hoping it would be subbed and hooray it is!
- 11th Doctor.

Many thanks to kaigan
for the sig.
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-12, 09:11   Link #34
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

I was checking up on Bleach Seiyu I couldnt belive it the seiyu who plays Byakuya Ryōtarō Okiayu has also lent his voice talents to Meisuke Nueno / Nūbē . He sounds so diffrent he is truly a talented Seiyu
Old 2007-03-14, 18:36   Link #35
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Wow this thread is like Dead >.< . Blame my slow downloads havnt yet watched ep 2 but looking forward to it Also a special thanx to Devil Fansubs for releasing the show on weekly basis
Old 2007-03-14, 21:10   Link #36
Guido

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta Boshi View Post

I was checking up on Bleach Seiyu I couldnt belive it the seiyu who plays Byakuya Ryōtarō Okiayu has also lent his voice talents to Meisuke Nueno / Nūbē . He sounds so diffrent he is truly a talented Seiyu
Reading that I also find it unbelievable.

Byakuya is a 180 degrees opposite in personality in contrast to Nube for both characters played by Mr. Okiayu.

Even for late 90's quality, the show manages to put the creeps on me with the shifts from bright places to dark and grim environments, coupled with the Japanese folklore of ghost stories.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-14, 21:43   Link #37
striderm
Adusa #1

Also funny that he plays Kaku in One Piece.
striderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-14, 21:49   Link #38
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
Reading that I also find it unbelievable.

Byakuya is a 180 degrees opposite in personality in contrast to Nube for both characters played by Mr. Okiayu
Yeah Bya stands for poise and etiquette but Nube is an exact opposite . He is laid back and happy go lucky . Its amazing how the seiyu could pull off such contrasting roles with such realism .

Quote:
Even for late 90's quality, the show manages to put the creeps on me with the shifts from bright places to dark and grim environments, coupled with the Japanese folklore of ghost stories.
Older horror/mystery shows are better than the new ones as more emphasis is given to chracter design than reliance on special effects and cg . Luckily those 90 hairstyles are not used in the anime like the ones used in DNA 2 and that era

Old 2007-03-15, 06:31   Link #39
Dop
We can't stop here...

Episode 2:
Spoiler:
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-16, 09:20   Link #40
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

The op is growing on me this was a nice episode the ending was pretty funny . Every ep watched in Nube == getting a lesson in Japanese mythology . The chracters are also developed nicely we get to see diffrent aspects to their personality