AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Old 2007-07-29, 19:39   Link #81
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Thanks a Zill Nueno . Without you I could have never enjoyed such a fine show thanx for bring Nube to us muchos appreciated ^__^
Old 2007-07-31, 06:45   Link #82
Nueno

Actually i'm not Mexican. hehehe. This show was aired in my Country, 10 Years ago. Well, Hope you enjoy the show. And if you've seen the next episode. it will be more interesting.
Nueno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-02, 20:55   Link #83
Lest27

Wahaha thanks so much Nueno-Sama!!! ive been w8ing on news on wats up woth devil fansub, well thank you for not dropping the series XD!!
Lest27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-26, 15:48   Link #84
Lest27

is there no updates on when will the next eps will be?? enyweiz to those whose working on the series, Gambatte!!
Old 2007-11-07, 22:01   Link #85
Guido

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lest27 View Post
is there no updates on when will the next eps will be?? enyweiz to those whose working on the series, Gambatte!!
Rejoice with this announcement. Episode eleven has been released as of today. This time it is not Anime Noob Fansubbers responsible to deliver the next episode after long three months, but another group by the name of Yami fansubs.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-08, 13:23   Link #86
redwoodtreesprite

Wonderful! We love this series.

I've been seeding the 1-5 batch for quite a while. Got to over 36 on the share ratio for it before my new computer was finished recently. I just started a seed again on that batch again today.

The rest of the Nubes ended up on my husband's computer, and he's going to set up Azureus on it so we can seed those as well.

I wish there was a way that the episode subs from the first three fansub groups could be batched. I fear there's always a risk that some of them could be unavailable at some point, leaving holes in the series.
redwoodtreesprite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-08, 21:13   Link #87
Guido

Finally back on track with Nube after feeling refreshed with the eleventh episode.

Spoiler:
Old 2007-11-12, 20:19   Link #88
Guido

I apologize for the double post, but I cannot hold longer that Yami fansubs today have released the subbed twelfth episode of Nube in less than a week after the eleventh one.

I mean thanks to Yami-fansubs one-quarter of the total series episodes have already been fansubbed.

Keep on with the good work Yami and thank you very much from me.

Spoiler:

The comedy is never absent in Nube, as his students mercilessly mocked at how Nube has no women to prepare him a bento and instead he had to bring himself some cups of instant ramen.

And once again Nube attempts on flirting Ritsuko-sensei score big miserably when she buzzes off hysterically on two ocassions.
Spoiler:
Old 2007-11-14, 11:05   Link #89
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Finally I get my episode of NUBE I was scared the subbing would stop but a big thanks Yami subs for releasing ep 11

It was fun to see our favorite out of place, yokai butt whooping sensei NUBE. This episode was different from other there was no antagonist. This was lighthearted humorous story with minor repercussion. While doing some research on yokai I had come across Yuki Onna and Nube was referenced, I finally got to see this episode . I don’t want to call her an antagonist that’s how they are by nature. I think she did not trap any other man or men as she was smitten by Nube but I have hunch she will come back again as Nube’s sidekick in future episodes . It was fun to see Nube’s reaction after his very first kiss

EDIT I will probably make an article on Yuki Onna later also Thanx A Zill for releasing ep 12 I would so love to see this series finished : D
Old 2007-11-15, 04:19   Link #90
danny20

Yami-subs finaly have a site 'ramon' posted it on the irc channel site: http://anime-list.net/yamisubs/
You can find the status of episodes they are working on pretty interesting.

Last edited by danny20; 2007-11-15 at 04:51.
danny20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-15, 11:09   Link #91
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Yuki Onna

Quote:

* Appearance :

* Yuki-onna appears as a tall, beautiful woman with long hair on snowy nights. Her skin is inhumanly pale or even transparent, causing her to blend into the snowy landscape

* She sometimes wears a white kimono, despite her inhuman beauty, her eyes can strike terror into mortals.

* She floats across the snow, leaving no footprints (in fact, some tales say she has no feet.

* She can transform into a cloud of mist or snow if she is threatened.

* Behavior :

* Yuki-onna, is associated with winter and snowstorms, is said in some legends to be the spirit of an individual who has perished in the snow and cold .

* Until the 18th century, she was almost uniformly portrayed as evil. Today, however, stories often color her as more human, emphasizing her ghostlike nature and ephemeral beauty.

* In many stories, Yuki-onna reveals herself to travelers who find themselves trapped in snowstorms and uses her icy breath to leave them as frost-coated corpses.

* Other legends say that she leads them astray so they simply die of exposure. Other times, she manifests holding a child. When a well-intentioned soul takes the "child" from her, he or she is frozen in place. Parents searching for lost children are particularly susceptible to this tactic .

* Other legends make Yuki-onna much more aggressive. In these stories, she often physically invades people's homes, blowing in the door with a gust of wind, to kill them while they sleep (though some legends require her to be invited inside first).

* Exactly what Yuki-onna is after varies from tale to tale. Sometimes she is simply satisfied to see her victim's death. Other times, however, she is more vampiric, draining her victims' blood or "life force". She occasionally takes on a succubus-like manner, preying on weak-willed men in order to drain or freeze them through sexual intercourse or a kiss.

* Like the snow and winter weather she represents, Yuki-onna has a softer side. She sometimes lets would-be victims go for various reasons .

* In Popular Culture :

- It has been the basis for a Pokémon character and a Magic:The Gathering card

- Yukime in Hell Teacher Nūbē or in Ranma 1/2

- Snow Goddess Tales by Clamp

- Live action films, such as Takashi Miike's The Great Yokai War (2005), Akira Kurosawa's film Dreams (1990) and Misaki Kobayashi's Kwaidan (1965)

* Further Reading : SaruDama

Reading this made my day

Old 2007-11-19, 21:09   Link #92
Guido

Oh, my! Is it the time? Yes, it is! More Nube episodes have been released by courtesy of our friends at Yami-fansubs.

Katsuya again gets into trouble for a second time.
Spoiler:
Old 2007-11-22, 23:54   Link #93
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

This episode was better than the previous ones the antagonist 'Hatmonba' was well made and quite scary . My take on why Hatmonba wants to behead Katsuya is well in Edo period criminals were executed not always based on the severity of their crimes , there was a practice in which sharpness of the Katana was tested on criminals . Hatmonba thinks and believes Katsuya is a criminal so wants to behead him . Going by the law of Edo period Hatmonba is indeed correct but sadly its not Edo period anymore

This episode gave me the glimpses of a good horror movie with desks doors and windows turning into blades I thoroughly enjoyed this episode thanks [Yami Subs] for bringing Nube to us eagerly awaiting episode 14 : D
Old 2007-12-11, 00:35   Link #94
Xellos-_^
Married

too bad the anime never got to this part but Vol23 is absolutely hilarious when all of Nube "allies" gather in one place.

Old 2007-12-26, 12:41   Link #95
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

I am praying this series is continued

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
too bad the anime never got to this part but Vol23 is absolutely hilarious when all of Nube "allies" gather in one place.

Thanks for posting that it was a fun read
Old 2007-12-27, 17:40   Link #96
danny20

The site of yami says they are taking a break and will start again in a month
But they won't stop doing nube so thats good news.
Old 2008-02-23, 23:01   Link #97
Lest27

its been quite awhile and there's no news about episode 14 getting release.. hope some fansub group would pick this great series up
Old 2008-02-23, 23:35   Link #98
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Yeah it been a long time this series has been stalled I hope this series has been stalled and not dropped . I miss my weekly doses of Nube this is a really good show I hope it seen till the very end
Old 2008-04-15, 12:45   Link #99
danny20

It seems that the forums are back from yami
http://anime-list.net/yamisubs/forum/
you could try to complain there.
not to much since it seems ramon don't like complains
Old 2008-04-26, 04:00   Link #100
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Yes ep 14 is released I hope the subbing continues The supernatural fiesta this spring also continues