AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Maria-sama

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-09-13, 21:31   Link #1
mcovey

finding the episodes

I want to find the Maria Sama Ga Miteru episodes, because I downloaded #7 (season 2) and I really like it. It's got good art and music and isn't as fast or loud as normal anime.

I think I want to get the season one DVD but I don't want to waste my money, so I need to know: Does it have subtitles or engrish captions?

Thanks everyone!
Old 2004-09-13, 21:48   Link #2
kj1980
kaii~...kana? kana?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcovey
I want to find the Maria Sama Ga Miteru episodes, because I downloaded #7 (season 2) and I really like it. It's got good art and music and isn't as fast or loud as normal anime.

I think I want to get the season one DVD but I don't want to waste my money, so I need to know: Does it have subtitles or engrish captions?

Thanks everyone!
Most of our DVDs do not any subtitles at all.
Old 2004-09-13, 21:53   Link #3
mcovey

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
Most of our DVDs do not any subtitles at all.
hmm... I know some might have english subtitles, like american DVDs often have french german spanish and english (for the deaf I suppose) subtitles on them. I'll contact the store.
Old 2004-09-13, 22:13   Link #4
lordwu

Quote:
hmm... I know some might have english subtitles, like american DVDs often have french german spanish and english (for the deaf I suppose) subtitles on them. I'll contact the store.
No official R1 license for Marimite. If you get a DVD that's region 0 and has both chinese and english subtitles, that's most likely to be a bootleg.

R2 DVDs do not have english subtitles in most cases.
Old 2004-09-14, 00:20   Link #5
Sweets Yumi
Queen Marimite ~♥~

Quote:

It's not only the deaf that like them. ^__^

I turn on subtitles(closed-caption) all the time (when available) when I'm riding my excersize bike, because I can't hear much over the bike sounds.

Then I can excersize and still know whats happening. :P
Old 2004-09-14, 17:57   Link #6
mcovey

Okay I contacted them and they said that it does have english and chinese subtitles. :-D

I'm going to order them. The store is bootlegs.r.us in case anyone has any horror stories about them I'd like to hear.

Last edited by xris; 2004-09-14 at 18:06. Reason: Removed link
Old 2004-09-14, 18:04   Link #7
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Okay I contacted them and they said that it does have english and chinese subtitles. :-D

I'm going to order them. The store is bootlegs.r.us in case anyone has any horror stories about them I'd like to hear.
These are bootlegs!!!

Do not buy from this store because they sell illegal bootleg copies.

For more info, please read the The generic "Is this a bootleg" thread.
  • Spot check on how to tell if a DVD is a bootleg or not
    Region 0
    Chinese and English subtitles
    6+ episodes per DVD
    Low Cost (under $4 per episode)
Old 2004-09-14, 18:33   Link #8
mcovey

Quote:
Originally Posted by xris
These are bootlegs!!!

Do not buy from this store because they sell illegal bootleg copies.

For more info, please read the The generic "Is this a bootleg" thread.
  • Spot check on how to tell if a DVD is a bootleg or not
    Region 0
    Chinese and English subtitles
    6+ episodes per DVD
    Low Cost (under $4 per episode)
they'll play right? If they work, and they have the episodes, and english subtitles, that's great. I'm assuming that they are sold the same way as bootlegs in the US in which case... it doesn't bother me. My other way to get the episode is to wait wait wait for them to come in on bittorrent.
Old 2004-09-14, 20:17   Link #9
FubaredByAnime

What you're doing is not good!

This guy sounds more like an advertiser. Shouldn't we be like locking/deleting this thread at this point?
Old 2004-09-14, 22:06   Link #10
guess

Let's try to see if he understands the situation here because I don't think he does.
If it's English subtitle you want, there are BTs available already. Anime-source/lilicious fansub the first season. If you want the DVD with English subtitles, there is no official release. BUT you can try technogirls' website. They do homemade DVD from the fansub version and yes, they have this series with English subtitles from A-s/lilicious.
Bootlegs have very poor quality and the translation usually doesn't make sense. If you don't want to waste money, why not try something you already know that come with quality?
Old 2004-09-15, 03:30   Link #11
xris
Just call me Ojisan

We've supplied enough info now. If mcovey wants to throw away his money on illegal bootlegs, that choice it up to him (after all, why obtain decent fansubs for free when you can give your money to crooks for poorly translated bootlegs).

Thanks to those people who have replied but we're now wasting our time.
Closed Thread