AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Old 2009-01-05, 06:38   Link #261
SuigetsuKun
Circus Clown

The characters are detailed and of course the storyline is nice and mixed with a lot of myth. There are people who prefer Bleach or One Piece, well, that always depends on taste. In the end, there are a lot of people who like Naruto and I think it's also because of the handsome characters and their individual skills. I still hope they get a little more ballanced, like advantages and disadvantages.
And instead of trying to impose on your mind, you adjust yourself to your opponent like water pressing on an earthen wall. It flows through the slightest crack. Running water never grows stale. So you just have to 'keep on flowing'. Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup; You put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle; You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.
http://forums.animesuki.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=83552&dateline=122831  7993
SuigetsuKun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-07, 14:15   Link #262
Lord Uiruu

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMHerrera View Post
It popular because it a great anime that why. And there is not really a show that like Naruto, Naruto is one of a kind.
exactly... Nothing is like Naruto. immitation is the best form of flattery........
no, but i still think its the fangirls
Lord Uiruu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-10, 08:27   Link #263
GreenLama
Banned

I think a big reason for Naruto's popularity is the fact that both kids and adults can get into it due to the characters being animated in a younger style animation (at least in the first series) but the story being complex enough to adults to sit down and get dragged in by the superb storytelling and character development. It's a rare gem that is really good enough to satisfy new and experienced anime fans and manga readers, it came a long right at the perfect time as well (once DBZ began cooling off).
GreenLama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-19, 21:34   Link #264
ria1414

Naruto is popular not only because it's original, but because of successful marketing efforts. There are a lot of shows (anime and real) on TV that aren't that great, yet someone had the money to funnel into it so that people on the other side of the continent can watch it. Maybe the creator of Naruto knew how to get his hands on the right contacts, people with the big bucks, in order to spread the word about Naruto. I also believe that with Naruto being well over 200 episodes, it keeps the series popular much longer as it picks up more and more viewers along the way.

Last edited by NightWish; 2009-03-23 at 10:06.
ria1414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-19, 23:09   Link #265
kguthrie

I enjoy the plot quite a bit.
kguthrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-21, 21:14   Link #266
Leode
The Legend

Naruto is the kind of story that stays with you for life.

To paraphrase Lord of the Rings:
"It's like in the great stories. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger, they were. And sometimes you didn't want to know the end. Those were the stories that stayed with you. That meant something, even if you were too small to understand why."

In writing it is called "The Heroes Journey".

Zero to Hero.
Hercules.
Star Wars.
The Lion King.

... and now, we add Naruto.
Old 2009-03-22, 07:29   Link #267
GreenLama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leode View Post
Naruto is the kind of story that stays with you for life.

To paraphrase Lord of the Rings:
"It's like in the great stories. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger, they were. And sometimes you didn't want to know the end. Those were the stories that stayed with you. That meant something, even if you were too small to understand why."

In writing it is called "The Heroes Journey".

Zero to Hero.
Hercules.
Star Wars.
The Lion King.

... and now, we add Naruto.
I agree. Plus the fact that it isn't a quick 26 episodes of anime or 3 or 4 volumes of manga, they keep it going and fans love to have product on the shelves!
GreenLama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-23, 13:43   Link #268
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

The story , the shinobi , the jutsu , the design , the characters ....... well , the Anime !!!
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-23, 21:19   Link #269
Mr.Amazing
Enjoy

It's the fact that their is a whole list of characters with unique abilities and attitudes that keeps me interested. We get to find out about a whole host of characters that want to be the best, and why they each strive for the top. Some fight for power, others respect. I liked that we were following a group of inexpereinced ninja going out there and trying to get better. And we watched them improve. We saw Naruto learn of the monster within and how to harnace it's power, and we saw Sasuke rise to the potential that has been said to be there all along. Each character has advanced in his skills and ways of thinking. I think the excellent development is what keeps us hooked
Mr.Amazing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-24, 04:29   Link #270
Kallen4life

yaoi heaven
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-19, 03:44   Link #271
Im_A_MoP

Naruto is popular bcuz of the hyonotic spiral that is always around naruto. The one that is on his shirt sometimes. When people see that nd hear/read him say BELIEVE IT!! they r autimatically hooked. Tru story
Im_A_MoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-19, 05:03   Link #272
roriconfan
Banned

Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
I got some good lols reading some of the posts here. Clearly most of the posters haven't seen more than a few quality anime in their lives so far. So let me tell you why Naruto is famous from my point of view.

1) It has been advertized to death.
2) It is the longest and most detailed of all shounen jump stories.
3) It pleases all those DBZ fans that were waiting all these years for something exiting.
4) It touches upon some serious issues that some may like or identify with.
5) It introduced the hand seals method that feel quite original, unlike most special powers in anime.
6) It makes references to various myths and religious teachings (athough it doesn't really follow them to the letter)

In all, don't think the cast is original or the main story is innovating. It follows all the shounen cliches by the book. It just doesn't suck in presentation as most do. It has its flaws too.
roriconfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-19, 10:16   Link #273
DRAGUN H.E.X.
DAT Shiny Gunpla~

Send a message via Yahoo to DRAGUN H.E.X.
its because he is brightly coloured for a damn ninja, meh... who wouldn't mind a guy wearing a bright neon orange suit during in the middle of a stealth mission & battle,

seriously, neon coloured ninjas are awsome!! but only works well in a flower or a vegetable garden....naruto should be best doing his stealth missions in an orange farm anyways.....
GYROZETTER
DRAGUN H.E.X. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-19, 11:07   Link #274
roriconfan
Banned

Hey, it's a series where you can sent a clone to spy for you and learn what the enemy does without having to go there yourself. They don't need to be stelthy. They just create a dozen colorfull clones and confuse the enemy better than hiding alone.
Old 2009-08-19, 12:08   Link #275
'Pryde
I am better than you

2) It is the longest and most detailed of all shounen jump stories

funny man
'Pryde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-19, 12:38   Link #276
roriconfan
Banned

Because of 1) most of people don't know of One Piece and to the most part the Naruto world feels a lot more solid than the random islands in One Piece. Well, there are random villages in Naruto too but not THAT random.
Old 2009-08-23, 10:58   Link #277
Battler-kun

I dislike Naruto.

It was decent up until Sasuke beginning to leave the village.
Especially what the author has done with Itachi.

Why is it so popular? You mean in the US? I don't know.
In Japan there are many much more popular series.
Battler-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-23, 11:37   Link #278
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

I thought in the survey One Piece was more popular?...Then again I'm more of a Naruto fan to believe such polls.
Old 2009-08-23, 11:47   Link #279
Chaho-Chi
toptoptoptoptoptoptoptopt
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Chaho-Chi
Possibly because it one of the only "not as kiddy" anime they air on cable along with One Piece, Bleach, Death note, and others.

To be honest I hate Naruto due to the fact that this show has one of the most stupidest things a anime can have. (For gods sakes who yells out they're move when they're attacking, and tell them all the information on they're move.) The only thing I admire about this show is the author took time to think of the character designs and plot which was well made and thought.

Chaho-Chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-23, 11:48   Link #280
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

because it is called "sasuke" in the parallel universe
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote