AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-10-30, 21:44   Link #161
quashoko
answer
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: earth
Hey Reppa, just wondering, do you even like any anime/manga? If so what ones?
quashoko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-31, 09:08   Link #162
Reppa
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Send a message via MSN to Reppa
Quote:
Originally Posted by quashoko View Post
Hey Reppa, just wondering, do you even like any anime/manga? If so what ones?
That is off topic to a point to where you will have to PM me.
Reppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-31, 11:06   Link #163
zrexe
Lurker
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Age: 30
Yea I agree.

Naruto's getting pretty bad. To me, the best part of Naruto was before the rescue Sasuke arc. After that, it pretty much went downhill, with lots of loose ends, cliches and power level battles. The intellect shown in the earlier arcs have been missing lately, and it seems like Kishi is running out of ideas and trying to end the series quickly.

Anyway, I shall continue reading Naruto manga simply because I like completing mangas I started, except for Bleach which sucks bad. I highly recommend Hunter X Hunter to anyone who likes Naruto though. THAT is a real shonen.
zrexe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-31, 21:53   Link #164
Yazakura
Enigma of Nothing
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Seattle WA, USA
I really hope people don't lump me in the same group as those who watch it *JUST* for SasUKE. Because all the other characters are so much better than him and Naruto.
Yazakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-20, 09:51   Link #165
saber aysia
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Well the only thing i would have to say that really appeals to me about Naruto would be the fact of all the jutsu's he can learn in such a fast amount of time.
saber aysia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-20, 10:16   Link #166
ChojinLocke
Year 2
*Author
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Age: 9
Why is Naruto popular

Dramas sell.

Comedies sell.

Naruto has large quantities of both. Add to that some Dragonballish martial arts and you got yourself a blast. Naruto is your typical stupid drone who develops to the super idiot monster slayer superhero and this turns out to be more appealing than a serious protagonist in the long run of a show providing amusement as well as action and drama.
ChojinLocke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-01, 22:13   Link #167
Helm
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
The plot is excellent with very catchy characters.
Helm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-01, 22:25   Link #168
Flaming Rasengan
NarutoCard
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Better than yours
Age: 22
It has comedy, drama, action, cool characters, awesome fight scenes. I mean...what more could you want from a show?
Flaming Rasengan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-02, 03:01   Link #169
siya
An Intellectual Idiot
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The Internet, ranging from the World of Warcraft------Deviantart----and much more!..My mostly WoW
Age: 23
Everyone really has there own opinion, I for one love teh story line and art, but what really makes me love it is that I relate so much to it (I'm a ninja and at birth I had a demon seald inside me xD...not really but that would be cool ). But I do relate alot with almost all the characters. Alot of the problems they have, I've had/are having. I mean, not to that extreme but still. For instance, I relate alot to Naruto because as a child (by child I mean through elementary and Jr. High school) I was shuned and hated. All because I was different. Anime in general was my escape. But anywho, I have torrets syndrome, not the cussing one but the twitching one, now I have it undercontrol and you don't notice it unless your trying to find it, but through the 3rd-7th grade I was made fun of, shuned, beaten up, and everything. So now, I'm out going and hyperactive, and I work hard, if I tell someone I'm going to do it, I will do it. Now with Lee, My determination is completly unmatched. Growing up like this, I realized that I didn't want to be weak and I wanted to be somebody, now I train every single day to the point untill I can't move(and I'm serious...). I don't want to get into a fight a loose, it's not me anymore, I will never be beaten up again (amazing what Judo will do for you xD)...But yea, I for one love it cause I relate with the characters..I'm not going to go further with who I relate with cause I'll be giving you my life's story
siya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-02, 06:54   Link #170
mayhem
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Its a well writen story involving japanese mythology so its not just childish BS, its intellectual entertaining and comedic.
mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-02, 15:13   Link #171
siya
An Intellectual Idiot
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The Internet, ranging from the World of Warcraft------Deviantart----and much more!..My mostly WoW
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
Its a well writen story involving japanese mythology so its not just childish BS, its intellectual entertaining and comedic.
Except we don't acually know what time zone it's based in
siya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-05, 16:47   Link #172
Kashi Hatake
CAT FORM NO JUTSU!
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Kohona
Age: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by siya View Post
Everyone really has there own opinion, I for one love teh story line and art, but what really makes me love it is that I relate so much to it (I'm a ninja and at birth I had a demon seald inside me xD...not really but that would be cool ). But I do relate alot with almost all the characters. Alot of the problems they have, I've had/are having. I mean, not to that extreme but still. For instance, I relate alot to Naruto because as a child (by child I mean through elementary and Jr. High school) I was shuned and hated. All because I was different. Anime in general was my escape. But anywho, I have torrets syndrome, not the cussing one but the twitching one, now I have it undercontrol and you don't notice it unless your trying to find it, but through the 3rd-7th grade I was made fun of, shuned, beaten up, and everything. So now, I'm out going and hyperactive, and I work hard, if I tell someone I'm going to do it, I will do it. Now with Lee, My determination is completly unmatched. Growing up like this, I realized that I didn't want to be weak and I wanted to be somebody, now I train every single day to the point untill I can't move(and I'm serious...). I don't want to get into a fight a loose, it's not me anymore, I will never be beaten up again (amazing what Judo will do for you xD)...But yea, I for one love it cause I relate with the characters..I'm not going to go further with who I relate with cause I'll be giving you my life's story
well you see he does give a good point it seems that i act just like Kakashi and i am even late to all of my classes. You might not believe this but i have a scrach over the same eye. it was made from my cat though but it is still pritty cool
i also am in love with him so thats what makes it even cooler:kisskis s:
Kashi Hatake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-05, 16:55   Link #173
Arthas1011
Bring on the blood mortal
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Age: 25
Maybe its like harry potter... you know:

1. Little guy with something that makes him the curiosity of the neighborhood

2. Defying death all the time

3. Magical stuff

4. Cool people looking worse off when compared to the less fortunate
Arthas1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-05, 16:57   Link #174
Kashi Hatake
CAT FORM NO JUTSU!
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Kohona
Age: 20
well you see i think the reason i like Kakashi is because he has the mysteris mask.....er something
Kashi Hatake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-05, 16:59   Link #175
Kazuma77
Kakashi Fangirl
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Age: 31
I watch it cause of Kakashi, Kakashi and again Kakashi and because of some bad ass scenes that sometimes they are able to show
__________________
~Ladies, if a guy ever tells you, he wants to cover you from head to toe in honey, and lick it all off inch by inch, that's the man who hasn't done it before. You start at her toes, and before you get to anything interesting, she is asleep and you are in diabetic coma ~
Kazuma77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-05, 17:06   Link #176
Kashi Hatake
CAT FORM NO JUTSU!
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Kohona
Age: 20
I think that it is BS that Kids At school make fun of me because i watch naruto and i know the words to all of the naruto openings and can sing them by heart my favorite opening is When it shows naruto and Saske on the roof top. that one is soo cool then my 2 fave is We are fighting dreamers

my fav is when Kakashi ep 101 that is when he is at the Raman shop and they are trying to see Kakashi eat and Shickamaru Ino and Choji come in i so wish i was the Waitress

hey Kazuma77 go to create your own Jutsu and charcter I am always there My other favorite part about Kakashi is that he always steps in right at the last min. LOL he is sooo Fricken HOT... I could bake cookies off of him *_*

Last edited by Hunter; 2007-12-05 at 23:07. Reason: do not triple post
Kashi Hatake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-05, 23:29   Link #177
siya
An Intellectual Idiot
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The Internet, ranging from the World of Warcraft------Deviantart----and much more!..My mostly WoW
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthas1011 View Post
Maybe its like harry potter... you know:

1. Little guy with something that makes him the curiosity of the neighborhood

2. Defying death all the time

3. Magical stuff

4. Cool people looking worse off when compared to the less fortunate

Well, I would agree. The only difference is that Harry acually has a logical reason for defying death. Naruto doesn't, he just some how pulls though. So bassicaly Harry has it easy with that spell that was cast when he was a child, and the whole, He can only be killed by Voldamort and vise-versa
siya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-18, 14:07   Link #178
mrsticky005
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
I think Naruto is popular for several reasons
1. the action (duh).
2. the characters. I think everyone has a character in Naruto that they can relate to.
I like shikamaru because of his laid back attitude. Though he's not in the manga/anime as much as Naruto or Sasuke, he's in there for a good bit.
Also I think you can pretty much at least tolerate any of the characters. I'm not a big fan of Sasuke because he's a total jerk to his comrades but I can at least under stand WHY he's a total jerk. Also he IS rather entertaining to watch in a fight plus without him the story wouldn't be as interesting.
3. it's licensed. Since Naruto is translated to english it's a lot easier for it to get attention than for non-licensed anime/manga
4. the story arcs. Naruto is an overall good anime/manga but not great. This is because you get either really awesome story arcs or just lame ones. So the two balance each other out. You see a dull story arc like the first part of the chunnin exam (I mean c'mon they're taking a freaking paper and pencil test!) but then after you get the Gaara and Rock Lee fight and it makes it worthwhile.
5. It's pretty straight forward and simple and yet there is a "deepness" to the story. Even the evil characters like Orochimaru have reasons for what they do (though sometimes they don't make sense)
6. it has ninjas
mrsticky005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-20, 17:57   Link #179
Dan the Man
Defeater of Robot Masters
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Wherever YOU aren't. Thanks for not visiting... *Sniff*
Age: 28
Send a message via AIM to Dan the Man Send a message via MSN to Dan the Man
I really like the series, though it does have some weak points here and there. I will admit that I kind of lost interest after the time skip, but I think I just never got around to watching the new episodes, and just stopped watching..
__________________

-----Chicks dig giant robots------
Dan the Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-20, 19:02   Link #180
Mr. DJ
Schwing!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Central Texas
Age: 30
I wouldn't be watching it if I didn't like it, that's all there is too it for me
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:45.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.