AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fansub Groups

Notices

Old 2004-09-19, 09:54   Link #41
K_R
also known as K!

I think you should all learn Japanese! Subtitles are a crutch for the lazy!
K_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-19, 09:56   Link #42
lamer_de

Quote:
If it was so, we wouldn't have several shows that go unsubbed every season.
Would you be so kind and tell me which shows that are airing atm are unsubbed, unlicensed and not aimed at pre-schoolkids? I doubt you'll find "several".

CU,
lamer_de
Old 2004-09-19, 10:06   Link #43
AndrewLB
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to AndrewLB Send a message via AIM to AndrewLB Send a message via MSN to AndrewLB
Why the hell is no one looking forward to Ring ni Kakero? Anime boxing might not be as cool as actual boxing, but it's still pretty damn awesome. Anyway, it's by the character designer for Saint Seiya. How can you go wrong?

Bah, if no one does it, I'll do scripts for it. Then half a dozen people will do it, heh.
AndrewLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-19, 10:54   Link #44
brood-faun

Isn't Condor Hero Season 2 suppose to air this fall?
brood-faun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-19, 12:40   Link #45
xentron
Typesetter

Man i sure hope some one decides to sub kakyusei2.
It looks, kinda interresting (eventhough i haven't seen the first show :/)

Or "To heart" Which seems pretty sexeh :P
xentron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-19, 14:45   Link #46
musouka

Quote:
Why the hell is no one looking forward to Ring ni Kakero? Anime boxing might not be as cool as actual boxing, but it's still pretty damn awesome. Anyway, it's by the character designer for Saint Seiya. How can you go wrong?
Not only the character designer, but the author himself! (Don't expect any realism. )

I know quite a few people that are looking forward to RingKake, myself included. I love the manga for it, so when I heard that there was going to be an anime, I was beyond happy. If no one else is going to do it, I'll look forward to those scripts.
ずっと変りはしない
musouka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-19, 16:07   Link #47
crumja
AnimeONE Do-It-All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muir Woods
THANK YOU THANK YOU ! For making sure that To Heart: RMM will be subbed. I'm really looking forward to it. What group are you in? Or do you help out various groups?
I guess I do both. o.o

Anyway, it shouldn't be that much work since it's a 13 ep series. Heh, look forward to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muir Woods
On the topic of oversubbing, I don't think oversubbing can be avoided. There is definitely more (active) fansubbers than new shows. Think about the ratio between fansubbers and new shows coming up. If fansubbers are spread evenly, there's probably at least 2:1, 3:1 or even probably 4 fansubbers per show. I'm not exactly sure how many (active) fansubbers there are in existence right now...
Subbers per show isn't a good ratio. A single subber can rarely do much. Instead, you should go by groups per series. When you do that, the ratio becomes much smaller. I think it's 2 active groups per series. However, when you count the oversubbing, there are bound to be shows that go unsubbed.
crumja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-19, 17:31   Link #48
Fox

Don't forget all the older shows that go ignored. <.< Some of those groups could always look back and see if there's an older, unsubbed series they like.. the newest ones just get more publicity.
Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-19, 17:45   Link #49
Sun_Tze
I pity the foo!

Send a message via MSN to Sun_Tze Send a message via Yahoo to Sun_Tze
I notice that Beck is only going to be subbed by A-E.

Any folks that want to help me form the BTP (Beck Translation Project)?
Sun_Tze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-19, 19:19   Link #50
crumja
AnimeONE Do-It-All

o.o I thought the point of this was to reduce oversubbing. You might consider looking to an unsubbed show as a project. But if you claim to "really like the show"... I guess there's nothing to be done =P.
Old 2004-09-19, 20:19   Link #51
Enragin_Angel
ナマケモノ

Well, maybe what Sun_Tze meant to say was that he wanted to join #A-E's effort in subbing Beck. Either that or Sun_Tze is just always unsatisfied with A-E's quality o.o
Enragin_Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-19, 20:24   Link #52
Sun_Tze
I pity the foo!

Send a message via MSN to Sun_Tze Send a message via Yahoo to Sun_Tze
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enragin_Angel
Well, maybe what Sun_Tze meant to say was that he wanted to join #A-E's effort in subbing Beck. Either that or Sun_Tze is just always unsatisfied with A-E's quality o.o
If they want a Qcer that's a Beck fan, i'm available
Sun_Tze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-19, 21:11   Link #53
KoroshiyaX
X

There are over 35 anime series coming in october. ~30 of which are not licensed.

I think there are enough shows to go around :P

I hope everything decent gets subbed.

Two shows I'd like to see fansubbed are Kannaduki no Mikohttp://www.kannaduki.net/ and School Rumble http://www.school-rumble.net/

I don't think any groups have announced those yet.
KoroshiyaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-19, 21:40   Link #54
Izzy
Corrupted

=o no one is subbing Kujibiki Unbalance?

it's heresy if Genshiken is subbed and not Kujibiki Unbalance, they go together like heaven and earth.......
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-19, 22:00   Link #55
clem-kun
Shi-Fa Staff

Send a message via AIM to clem-kun
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoroshiyaX
Two shows I'd like to see fansubbed are Kannaduki no Mikohttp://www.kannaduki.net/ and School Rumble http://www.school-rumble.net/

I don't think any groups have announced those yet.
I don't know about School Rumble, but Shining Fansubs is going to give Kannaduki no Miko a shot, since it goes along so well with Mahou Shoujo Tai.
clem-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-19, 23:24   Link #56
crumja
AnimeONE Do-It-All

Meh, many groups just aren't announcing certain series. I guess they're waiting until the first eps air or something. After all, AonE is missing from the list. =P
Old 2004-09-20, 03:52   Link #57
roxfan
Solar Fansubs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy
=o no one is subbing Kujibiki Unbalance?

it's heresy if Genshiken is subbed and not Kujibiki Unbalance, they go together like heaven and earth.......
I think it's written on the site than Kujibiki Unbalance episodes are shown inside of Genshiken ones. If it's indeed so, then we will probably sub both shows together.
roxfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-20, 14:12   Link #58
Garylisk
Baka Neko!
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to Garylisk Send a message via AIM to Garylisk Send a message via MSN to Garylisk Send a message via Yahoo to Garylisk Send a message via Skype™ to Garylisk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Late
I really hope that someone picks up To Heart.
I'm considering it since I'm gonna be back into fansubbing in october. (Been taking a break because of other more pressing matters.)

Hopefully I'll be able to find raws easily enough. Maybe Saiyaman will have 'em. (I'm used to fansubbing from DVDs, so I don't know any good places to get raws really other than saiyaman and IRC.)
Old 2004-09-20, 15:04   Link #59
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garylisk
I'm considering it since I'm gonna be back into fansubbing in october. (Been taking a break because of other more pressing matters.)

Hopefully I'll be able to find raws easily enough. Maybe Saiyaman will have 'em. (I'm used to fansubbing from DVDs, so I don't know any good places to get raws really other than saiyaman and IRC.)

Actually To Heart has been licensed by RightStuf International along with Boys Be.
darkchibi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-20, 15:07   Link #60
roxfan
Solar Fansubs

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchibi07
Actually To Heart has been licensed by RightStuf International along with Boys Be.
Just the first season.
roxfan is offline   Reply With Quote