AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2004-09-18, 15:17   Link #261
Coder8
CommanderBunBun
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
You act like you know EVERYTHING about the WHOLE picture genei. Wait until the series is over then you can make factual statements.
__________________
Curse Seal Theory - The Curse Seal controls the chakra growth and who knows what else involving the users life. If the user disobeys Oro-san, they lose something...Great.
Coder8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-18, 15:24   Link #262
sheen
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by realdeal
What part of running to the enemy do you not get? That is what a traitor is. Sure if Sasuke just said hes gonna leave the village I think he might have been allowed, afterall Jiraiya and Tsunade done it yet their not classes as traitors. Its the fact that he ranned away with the enemy.
Well, it isn't as if Sasuke gives a shit anyhow It's not like he's "omg, what have I done?! I've sinned!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by realdeal
What you talking about if his clan is destroyed he stops being part of the leaf? So if an american man's family dies he is no longer an american? Are you saying Naruto isnt part of th leaf either since he doesnt have family there? Kakashi too. Your reasonings goes beyond idiotic..true signs of becoming a hardcore fanboi.
An Amercan is but just a title. It comes down to what you define as an American -- that is, it's a "substance" instead of just a label.
sheen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-18, 15:26   Link #263
zarkand
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Quote:
Sasuke didn't betray the Leaf, he just abandoned it. When his clan was destroyed his ties to the leaf were also destroyed. Sasuke belongs to no one, but himself. The Leaf in some way wanted Sasuke as their own weapon against Itachi and future threads.
If Sasuke would have left and not gone to Orochimaru, yeah then he would just have abandoned the village but he went to Orochimaru, a enemy of the Leafs. With the whole clan thing you might as well use that logic to say Itachi didn't betray his family when he killed all of them, because he never cared about any of them. For the Leaf using Sasuke against Itachi, Sasuke doesn't seem to mind being used by people as he didn't care that Orochimaru wants him for his body and bloodline. That makes the whole Leaf is using him point moot.
zarkand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-18, 15:28   Link #264
Mizuno
Undefined
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: With the gods
Age: 30
Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
The chakra Naruto is using right now alone is stronger than Kakashi. If a pure-blooded Uchiha with three dots cannot pinpoint his movements, what more do u expect from kakashi? kakashi has it working for him because he copied a ton of jutsus and he's experienced in battle. however, he's facing two FREAKS with immense chakra. There's no way he can contain both of them at once unless he uses seals of some sort... and that might be what he's going to do.
__________________
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-18, 15:31   Link #265
Mezu
The Guardian
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
hopefully kakashi's uses something other then the water dragon jutsu like he has been using during almost every encounter with an enemy.
Mezu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-18, 15:33   Link #266
realdeal
The Real Deal
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheen
Well, it isn't as if Sasuke gives a shit anyhow It's not like he's "omg, what have I done?! I've sinned!"



An Amercan is but just a title. It comes down to what you define as an American -- that is, it's a "substance" instead of just a label.
I didnt say he gave a shite. It was a discussion about wether running to the enemy is being a traitor or not, any bloody fool knows it is.

Being part of the leaf is also just a title. During a war someone who was born in England, ancestors all the way down the line were born in england would be classed as English. During the Germany vs England war, any English man who runs off to join Germany would be classed as traitors no doubt.

BTW dont give any smartass examples such as African-Americans joining Africa if there was a war between the 2. Fact is Sasuke is not a Leaf-Sound...
realdeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-18, 15:34   Link #267
Last of the Uchiha
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Puerto Rico
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by realdeal
What part of running to the enemy do you not get? That is what a traitor is. Sure if Sasuke just said hes gonna leave the village I think he might have been allowed, afterall Jiraiya and Tsunade done it yet their not classes as traitors. Its the fact that he ranned away with the enemy.
He is no traitor to the Leaf, he is only is a traitor for trying to killed his best friend, and that about it. Sasuke has no plans to attack the Leaf, he is only looking for a Sannin to train him. Also, Sasuke wouldn't go near the Leaf, as it holds to much sadness and tragedy to him.


Quote:
What you talking about if his clan is destroyed he stops being part of the leaf? So if an american man's family dies he is no longer an american? Are you saying Naruto isnt part of th leaf either since he doesnt have family there? Kakashi too. Your reasonings goes beyond idiotic..true signs of becoming a hardcore fanboi.
ThE MANGA is not the real world, so chill out, dude. Real world logic hardly applies to almost any manga. What i saidearly is true. When the Uchiha clan died, so did its ties to the Leaf. The Leaf see as Sasuke as a weapon for eliminating future threads. The Leaf is no different than Orochimaru. They both want in their side a powerful weapon, that they are willing to start a war just to obtaint this weapon. Have you read supreme power by marvel comics? If not, then do it. It's not identical but it has a few examples of what i'm talking about.
Last of the Uchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-18, 15:38   Link #268
lotus_lee
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: London, UK
Age: 28
Hmm.....how is this fight ever going to end if Naruto and Sasuke cannot hurt each other now? I didn't think the Curse Seal Level 2 would make Sasuke invulnerable like Naruto's chakra. Or did I intepret it wrong???

Damn, I'm really annoyed at the manga now.....
lotus_lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-18, 15:38   Link #269
krem
Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Whatever happens, I think it should finally be a decent finale to this fight, unless Kakashi comes in and persaudes them both to stop.
krem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-18, 15:41   Link #270
realdeal
The Real Deal
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last of the Uchiha
He is no traitor to the Leaf, he is only is a traitor for trying to killed his best friend, and that about it. Sasuke has no plans to attack the Leaf, he is only looking for a Sannin to train him. Also, Sasuke wouldn't go near the Leaf, as it holds to much sadness and tragedy to him.




ThE MANGA is not the real world, so chill out, dude. Real world logic hardly applies to almost any manga. What i saidearly is true. When the Uchiha clan died, so did its ties to the Leaf. The Leaf see as Sasuke as a weapon for eliminating future threads. The Leaf is no different than Orochimaru. They both want in their side a powerful weapon, that they are willing to start a war just to obtaint this weapon. Have you read supreme power by marvel comics? If not, then do it. It's not identical but it has a few examples of what i'm talking about.
Err you forget orochimaru plans to take over sasuke body to ATTACK the leaf. Sasuke KNOWS that. If my country is at war and I bring an atomic bomb to the enemy's country knowing they will use it against my own country, that is betrayal to the highest degree. I may not set off the bomb, but I delivered the weapon to them. Also what part of attacking another village soldier(naruto) not betraying?

Did I say it was the real world? Its called an analogy, go pick up a dictionary. How does his ties die because his clan died? He was still raised there, went to school there and born there. Naruto and kakashi have no family in leaf too but their definetly tied to the leaf. Besides, if Sasuke wanted to cut off all ties he can do that, just not running to the enemy to be used as a weapon. Also have you not been paying attention to the manga at all? Read the little speech about sasuke and being a comrade by shikimaru. All that used as a weapon crap is just your imagination/opinion and you have no facts to back that up.

Let me put it up in simple terms for you. ANY SOLDIER of a country who abandons their country to go the the enemy to fight the original country is classed as traitor/betrayal by anyone...except apparently you. That could be because your mind is clouded by fanboinsm but thats no excuse.
realdeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-18, 15:49   Link #271
sheen
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by realdeal
I didnt say he gave a shite. It was a discussion about wether running to the enemy is being a traitor or not, any bloody fool knows it is.
And I didn't say he wasn't technically a traitor. I'm saying that so what if he's a traitor? He knew that he was abandoning the village and was going to join its "enemy" but he didn't care. What's your point? Because, regardless of how my statement came off on you, I wasn't contracting what you said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by realdeal
Being part of the leaf is also just a title. During a war someone who was born in England, ancestors all the way down the line were born in england would be classed as English. During the Germany vs England war, any English man who runs off to join Germany would be classed as traitors no doubt.
And yes, I agree; my point is that 'Leaf Ninja', 'traitor', 'American' and et ceteras are just classificiations and I believe that that's what Last of the Uchiha was trying to point out as well. But whether or not Sasuke was a 'traitor' in a sense that he was intentionally deceiving the Leaf like Kabuto, is subjective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by realdeal
BTW dont give any smartass examples such as African-Americans joining Africa if there was a war between the 2. Fact is Sasuke is not a Leaf-Sound...
It's always funny how morons assume as if they know what the other person is going to say when the other person is no where near that train of thought.
sheen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-18, 16:10   Link #272
Genei Killua
Mashou no Tenshi
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Cleveland, OH
Age: 29
Send a message via AIM to Genei Killua
Quote:
But whether or not Sasuke was a 'traitor' in a sense that he was intentionally deceiving the Leaf like Kabuto, is subjective.
Actually, that's not subjective at all. We know Sasuke isn't a traitor like Kabuto is. Sasuke wasn't planning on betraying Konoha from the start--he decided to after being approached by the sound nin.
Genei Killua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-18, 16:19   Link #273
sheen
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genei Killua
Actually, that's not subjective at all. We know Sasuke isn't a traitor like Kabuto is. Sasuke wasn't planning on betraying Konoha from the start--he decided to after being approached by the sound nin.
I would agree; I would say that Sasuke is not a traitor to the leaf in the sense that he did not intentionally (as in try as in effort) gain the trust of the Leaf so that he can later do harm to it (as in he plotted and deceived), but he is a traitor in the sense that he is 'legally' a Leaf ninja that went to the 'enemy,' but Sasuke-haters would probably go berserk and jump me if I said otherwise.
sheen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-18, 16:28   Link #274
kakash1
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Sasuke is a traitor. Orochimaru is wanted by the leaf for betraying them and killing the 3rd. Sasuke is running TO orochimaru meaning he is running to someone who is wanted by the leaf (which is where sasuke is from). That is classified as betraying.

And when the Uchiha clan died.. it is true that there werent any ties left with the leaf SINCE THEY WERE ALL DEAD! But that doesnt mean they are using Sasuke. Sasuke is a Konoha ninja. And this will contradict what I just said but, all shinobis are tools. If you really think about it, Zabuza was right. Ninjas go out on missions for their village. These missions are USUALLY for the good of the village.

And last but not least, to whoever said that crap about ninjas not having chakra or poisening drinks. Yes, I am aware of that.. what i meant was them using their brains and kunais and shuikens and jutsus and actually using teamwork! The series was the BEST in the beginning because there was actually thinking involved. Now its just, head on fighting. And it is actually becoming like DBZ (i cant believe i just compared Naruto to DBZ...)
kakash1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-18, 16:46   Link #275
MacJ_007
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Why in the world would some of y'all complain about the manga being too predictable. Of course, its going to be predictable since y'all been given some facts as the story progresses. And why would you compare the power ups like DBZ??? First of all in DBZ when Goku transformed into Super Saiyan 1, they said that a power up Kamehameha would destroy the Earth, then there goes Super Saiyan 2,3 & 4 and still the Earth is in one piece even tho they're enemies are hella fuckin' strong. Now in Naruto is quite different in terms of powers y'all do the math. To me power ups are quite normal. In the beginning of the series this is what we expect for Naruto and Sasuke to unveil their true powers and here y'all bitchin' bout it.
MacJ_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-18, 17:08   Link #276
wb_hicks
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
i see more simalarities to HxH then dbz anyway
wb_hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-18, 17:12   Link #277
DJ*
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacJ_007
And why would you compare the power ups like DBZ??? First of all in DBZ when Goku transformed into Super Saiyan 1, they said that a power up Kamehameha would destroy the Earth, then there goes Super Saiyan 2,3 & 4 and still the Earth is in one piece even tho they're enemies are hella fuckin' strong. Now in Naruto is quite different in terms of powers y'all do the math.
Math has nothing to do with it. The comparisons of power has nothing to do with it. It's to do with the way the power-ups are being handled that draws the comparisons.

Think of the Freeza fight. Freeza beats up people. Vegeta becomes powerful enough to compete. Freeza does his first transformation and lays the smack down on Vegeta, Kuririn and Gohan. Piccolo shows up with his new immense power and beats up Freeza, freeza transforms again and beats Piccolo up. Gohan somehow manages to gain ridiculous amounts of power and overpowers Freeza. Freeza transforms into his final form. Beats them all up again. Goku shows up and matches Freeza. Freeza ups himself to 50% power and beats him down. Goku becomes a super saiyan and beats him up.

Its just the

"I have more power now! HAHAHA!!"
"NO! I have more power now!"
*transforms*
"NOW I have more power"
*powers up*
"NO!! I do!"

that annoys people.
__________________
dj*
DJ* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-18, 17:17   Link #278
admin@animesuki
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Oh Joy Joy Joy...
admin@animesuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-18, 17:18   Link #279
Alchemist
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
I can't believe some people don't think sasuke is a traitor...

He's not just "leaving" Konoha... he has defected to ANOTHER VILLAGE. And not just any other village. It's the sound-- orochimaru's village. Sasuke is not "going to learn from a sannin." It's not just any sannin it's freaking orochimaru. God. -__-


Orochimaru murdered and experimented on konoha ninjas for his jutsus.

Orochimaru murdered the 3rd hokage of Konoha.

Orochimaru plotted and led and INVASION of Konoha.

Orochimaru STILL plan to destroy konoha and so his village, the sound, is an ENEMY of Konoha.



I think if Kakashi brings sasuke back he’ll be in PRISON guarded by ANBU who’ll probably kill him should he try to escape. He has the sharingan which will make orochimaru much stronger should he obtain it. It’s ANBU’s JOB to make sure Oro won’t get him now.
Alchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-18, 17:18   Link #280
Don Roberto
President of Euroslavia
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: By My Weapons Cache
So Sasuke had no ties to the Leaf.

Because of this I presume Sasuke single handely buried the Uchihas and paid for thier funerals. Sasuke was never trained by the Leaf Ninja Academy. Sasuke was never considered a Leaf ninja. He came to know and be trained by Sasuke becuase he actively sought him out. He was never paid by Konoha for perfoming missions that Konoha contracted, and he was never allowed to lived within the confines of Konoha.

Now that I think about it the Leaf haven't done anything for Sasuke. How dare they act as though they have ties and actively try to rescue him. Konoha is willing to risk the lives of its ninjas (of which it needs due to the sand) to go after someone who has nothing to do with the Leaf.
Don Roberto is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:42.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.