AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2004-09-16, 17:20   Link #61
wb_hicks
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidoriShinobi

Since Naruto is past how he was with Haku, I'm betting that..
the seal is on the way to being broken. Kakashi's gonna freak.
why you think the seal is going to break when its made to allow what its doing. but i do agree that kakashi is going to freak out. even oro was weary of facing the power of kyubi
wb_hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-16, 17:27   Link #62
scopa
I Like Anime™
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
translation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylara
This looks like a confussion with the translation.

If it were originally in English, I'd agree that Sasuke's quote "I'm more special than you" followed by Kakashi's quote "Just a bit more" would be connected on an allegorical level.

Can any readers who know Japanese (Srin Tuar? since you've been so helpful already ) confirm or deny that Sasuke used the Japanese equivilant to "more" and that Kakashi used the same word?
SSJ2 Sasuke Frame:

Sasuke: ore, omae ijyo ni tokubetsu da!
Literal Translation:
ore: Me / I
omae: you
ijyo: more than
tokubetsu: exceptionaly / extraordinary / especially

Could be read as: I am more exceptional than you.

Next frame:

kakashi: mo sukoshi da!
Literal translation:
mo: (in this context) more
sukoshi: a little

Could be read as: a little more to go.

If the confusion is around the use of "mo sukoshida!"... I would say that the use of "mo" is not because the author wants kakashi to hint that sasuke is "more" powerful. The phrase is used all the time to indicate that you want a little more. If you would like someone to give you a little more rice, for instance, you might say " Mo sukoshi kudasai... "

"Mo sukoshi" just means "A little more" and in the context of kakashi, he is saying that he just has a little more to go before he gets to the fight.

Last edited by scopa; 2004-09-16 at 17:28. Reason: fix quote tag
scopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-16, 17:27   Link #63
Srin Tuar
無謀
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylara
This looks like a confussion with the translation.

If it were originally in English, I'd agree that Sasuke's quote "I'm more special than you" followed by Kakashi's quote "Just a bit more" would be connected on an allegorical level.

Can any readers who know Japanese (Srin Tuar? since you've been so helpful already ) confirm or deny that Sasuke used the Japanese equivilant to "more" and that Kakashi used the same word?
Sasuke used 以上 "ijou"
Kakashi said もう少し "mou sukoshi"

For this very reason I considered "I'm almost there" instead, but I stubbornly prefer more literal translations. I dont think this allusion is possible in the original language. If he said すこしだけだ or something like that maybe, but I'm pretty sure what he said was an abbreviated "[ There is ] only a little more time/distance [ until I catch up with them ]". And it would NOT fit in a sentence such as "[ You are ] only a bit more [ special ]"

Anyway, I'm not a NSOJ or anything, so I didnt want to be overly emphatic about my opinion on this... think what you like
Srin Tuar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-16, 17:30   Link #64
wb_hicks
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
i see it as the same thing when people thought the pages were backwards when kiba smell the sand trio
wb_hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-16, 17:34   Link #65
becomingfoolish
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
becomingfoolish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-16, 17:35   Link #66
Satoru
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
It wouln't make sense anyway.
Kakashi thinks that Sasuke will die in a worst case scenario.
Satoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-16, 17:37   Link #67
Kouji
StrykerX
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Everett, WA
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Srin_Tuar
SSJ2 Sasuke Frame:

Sasuke: ore, omae ijyo ni tokubetsu da!
Literal Translation:
ore: Me / I
omae: you
ijyo: more than
tokubetsu: exceptionaly / extraordinary / especially

Could be read as: I am more exceptional than you.

Next frame:

kakashi: mo sukoshi da!
Literal translation:
mo: (in this context) more
sukoshi: a little

Could be read as: a little more to go.

If the confusion is around the use of "mo sukoshida!"... I would say that the use of "mo" is not because the author wants kakashi to hint that sasuke is "more" powerful. The phrase is used all the time to indicate that you want a little more. If you would like someone to give you a little more rice, for instance, you might say " Mo sukoshi kudasai... "

"Mo sukoshi" just means "A little more" and in the context of kakashi, he is saying that he just has a little more to go before he gets to the fight.
What is it with you guys comparing DBZ to Naruto. Which I think it's starting to get a little annoying. With all the SSJ3 stuff, and vice versa.
__________________
Kouji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-16, 17:37   Link #68
tramadrama
Jaice Novak's Disciple
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Fayetteville, NC
oh well, guess I was wrong, dont care about admitting that. But that just means that this thing just ended even worse than I thought. As far as this whole thing, it's getting ridiculous for people to keep saying "stop whining" or "give the storry time." This story has had 6 months LMAO. Nah but for real, I'm just anxious for this to end.
__________________
The beginning is the end is the beginning.
tramadrama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-16, 17:39   Link #69
Rurouni Zeke
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by wb_hicks
and i doubt naruto is close to getting tired unlike sasuke he has way more stamina.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurouni Zeke
Naruto's body might give out soon b/c of using so much of Kyuubi's chakra.
I never said anything about him getting tired as far as stamina. It has already been explained that Naruto's body is too small to handle too much of Kyuubi's power. I was saying that Sasuke would flat out get tired, and Naruto's body would reach it's limit as far as Kyuubi's chakra is concerned and break down.

Also, what exactly could Kakashi do to stop Kabuto from taking Sasuke at this point in time? They have been shown to be more or less equal. Now Kakashi is tired. Please don't take that question as a flame; I simply would like to know your point of view.
Rurouni Zeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-16, 17:41   Link #70
Kouji
StrykerX
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Everett, WA
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tramadrama
Nah but for real, I'm just anxious for this to end.
Well, the same thing is One Piece. They're like well in the 300+ section of the manga. And in the episodes, they've registered 200+ episodes to date.

Are you saying that you wish it was like Inu Yasha, and that it had like 165 or 170 episodes and that would be it?
__________________
Kouji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-16, 17:42   Link #71
HolyAvenger
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Pretty good chapter, if a bit predictable. And yes, Sasuke does look gay in CS2. I think the scar thing on his face is a cross shaped scar. Maybe he had received it when he "died" in the barrel?
HolyAvenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-16, 17:44   Link #72
Satoru
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Yeah. Right now, Kakashi couldn't fight Kabuto.
He just came from a mission and Kabuto is in good shape.
I wonder how Sasuke will react.
Kabuto: Sasuke-kun, long time no see.
Satoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-16, 17:47   Link #73
tramadrama
Jaice Novak's Disciple
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Fayetteville, NC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kouji
Well, the same thing is One Piece. They're like well in the 300+ section of the manga. And in the episodes, they've registered 200+ episodes to date.

Are you saying that you wish it was like Inu Yasha, and that it had like 165 or 170 episodes and that would be it?
No, Im just saying that this arc needs to just hurry up and end. This is getting painful now. If it wasn't so predictable then I wouldn't have a problem with it.
__________________
The beginning is the end is the beginning.
tramadrama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-16, 17:50   Link #74
wb_hicks
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurouni Zeke
I never said anything about him getting tired as far as stamina. It has already been explained that Naruto's body is too small to handle too much of Kyuubi's power. I was saying that Sasuke would flat out get tired, and Naruto's body would reach it's limit as far as Kyuubi's chakra is concerned and break down.

Also, what exactly could Kakashi do to stop Kabuto from taking Sasuke at this point in time? They have been shown to be more or less equal. Now Kakashi is tired. Please don't take that question as a flame; I simply would like to know your point of view.

oh ok i can agree with that since judging from his fight with gaara his body might have a limit even who drawing on kyubi's charka. meaning even if he not converting his stamina to charka he is still using his stamina with his movements



i dont knw what he could do but i dont think it will be like at the end of the naruto garaa fight where you pick up your people and leave. kakashi been informed about the mission to get sasuke. so letting that mission fail wouldnt be something i would that a juunin of the leaf would do knowing that it will cause great trouble later. and going back and checking it wasnt stated that kakashi wasn't tired from his mission just that he just came back from finishing one. unlike gai he didnt have a reason to really rush back to the village.

Last edited by wb_hicks; 2004-09-16 at 18:39.
wb_hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-16, 18:00   Link #75
Kylara
Kunoichi
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: California
Thank you Srin Tuar and scopa, that explains it.

It's unfortunate, though; I was really hoping for a few deeper interpretations into the dialogue, but alas....


As for Sasuke's new appearance... Sasuke doesn't look gay, but he does he look like a girl (at least, to me, there's a difference), especially at the bottom of page 17. And what is with evil guys turning Sasuke into a little girl, anyway? Itachi did it when he beat Sasuke, and now Orochimaru's at it. I'm hoping Naruto beats it into him, as well, but that might just be my shounen-ai wishful thinking...

And it's looking more and more like it's going to end in a draw, with them both passing out or becoming too weak to fight.
Kylara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-16, 18:13   Link #76
Rurouni Zeke
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by wb_hicks
kakashi been informed about the mission to get sasuke. so letting that mission fail wouldnt be something i would that a juunin of the leaf would do knowing that it will cause great trouble later. and going back and checking it wasnt stated that kakashi was tired from his mission just that he just came back from finishing one.
That does make sense. I am very interested to see what Kakashi does in the next chapter; I hope there'll be more to it than "he dies." I think the next chapter is the last one in this volume, so the fight has to end now, just like the flashbacks had to end in the last chapter of the previous volume.
Rurouni Zeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-16, 18:14   Link #77
xavier8200
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
this was an alright chapter. Sasuke looked like a damn hedgehog. lol Sasuke the hedgehog.
xavier8200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-16, 18:25   Link #78
neodrag38
DEATH TO 4Kids
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Wouldn't you like to know
Quote:
Originally Posted by seralin
It would be interesting if Sasuke obtains MS by just entering CSL2.
If that happens, that would just mean that the Naruto manga has officially left the spot of best current Shonen manga.
neodrag38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-16, 18:47   Link #79
wb_hicks
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
i think sasuke would get his MS protecting naruto because it seem like naruto been the key to its activation and evolution. his dad told him not to follow teh same path as his bro so wouldnt protecting your closest friend be the oposite of killing him. the only down side is naruto is going to be really pist that he sasuke saved his life
wb_hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-16, 18:55   Link #80
Freestyler
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Rotterdam, Holland
Quote:
Originally Posted by wb_hicks
i think sasuke would get his MS protecting naruto because it seem like naruto been the key to its activation and evolution. his dad told him not to follow teh same path as his bro so wouldnt protecting your closest friend be the oposite of killing him. the only down side is naruto is going to be really pist that he sasuke saved his life

I don't think that there's another way to achieve MS, I believe that the sharingan has a dark secret -> MS (which is written in that special uchiha chamber)

itachi spoke of the true sharingan 'purpose' like it was something that shouldn't be known in public, that's why it is kept secret.

so I think it's a dark purpose/secret..
Freestyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:25.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.