AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2004-09-17, 06:09   Link #1
whatever123
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Age: 33
Send a message via MSN to whatever123
final fantasy VII spin-off?

damn i am so excited
http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/09...s_6107494.html

i think thats one of the greatest news i heard in a while, especially since i was depressed since konami annouced the delay for suikoden 4
__________________
whatever123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-20, 06:55   Link #2
Limiter
Dead Apostle
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 34
Send a message via AIM to Limiter Send a message via MSN to Limiter Send a message via Yahoo to Limiter
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatever123
damn i am so excited
http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/09...s_6107494.html

i think thats one of the greatest news i heard in a while, especially since i was depressed since konami annouced the delay for suikoden 4

this pic should boost ur hype. unless u ppl saw it already
Limiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-20, 09:35   Link #3
Ending
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Wow, really good news; FF6&7 being the only FF games worth playing (IMO). Vincent didn't get too much attention in the original game anyway, so thumbs up.

Personally, I hope they don't make too many references to the original plot or the fate of Cloud and the rest. Four person party would be nice too.
Ending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-20, 10:55   Link #4
whatever123
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Age: 33
Send a message via MSN to whatever123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wirhe
Wow, really good news; FF6&7 being the only FF games worth playing (IMO). Vincent didn't get too much attention in the original game anyway, so thumbs up.

Personally, I hope they don't make too many references to the original plot or the fate of Cloud and the rest. Four person party would be nice too.
actually it's supposed to be set up 1 year after advent children so they can build the story anyeway they can after that without compromising the plot.

but what i am worried about that it might not be an RPG game, not that i have anything against other genre it's just that i prefer rpgs, then again if it was done like onimusha or devil may cry i think i might enjoy that game just as much as i would enjoy an rpg

and Limiter thats a nice pic thanks
__________________
whatever123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-20, 11:10   Link #5
krem
Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
is this the PSP title? To be honest I'm looking more forward to the Straight to DVD CGI film...
krem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-20, 12:00   Link #6
Timeless Enigma
Tsushima Masaki
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: British Columbia, Canada
I'm not too excited, since I was never a fan of Final Fantasy VII. I know they'll get the most cash flow by milking FFVII for all it's worth, but a lot of other fans would like to see Square-Enix expand and/or improve some other games in their library, including non-Final Fantasy games.

I myself would like to see Final Fantasy VIII have some expansion, and there were rumours about a remake of Parasite Eve floating around, to be called "Rebirth."

It seems to me that Square-Enix has made a decision that only the Final Fantasy franchise matters.
__________________
Timeless Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-20, 12:26   Link #7
krem
Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Enigma
I'm not too excited, since I was never a fan of Final Fantasy VII. I know they'll get the most cash flow by milking FFVII for all it's worth, but a lot of other fans would like to see Square-Enix expand and/or improve some other games in their library, including non-Final Fantasy games.

I myself would like to see Final Fantasy VIII have some expansion, and there were rumours about a remake of Parasite Eve floating around, to be called "Rebirth."

It seems to me that Square-Enix has made a decision that only the Final Fantasy franchise matters.
Well there's always the, IMHO, superior Dragon Quest series
krem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-20, 15:03   Link #8
DekaMaster
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
I've emailed SquareEnix twice about Dragon Quest 5r for PS2. It is DQ 5 totaly redone and beautiful. I asked S-E about releasing it here their response "We have no idea if or even when that title will be released in the US" I asked the same about DQ8 and I got the same response. There is also the DQ4r remake that was going to come out here on the PSX even had a US web site,but at the last minute Enix pulled it. I asked them about that one what with the good sales of the FF remakes if they could release it now. And I got the same response as above. SquareEnix doesn't care anything about Dragon Quest/Warrior. It's all about FF and their lame online games they are making.
DekaMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-20, 15:53   Link #9
whatever123
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Age: 33
Send a message via MSN to whatever123
Quote:
Originally Posted by krem
is this the PSP title? To be honest I'm looking more forward to the Straight to DVD CGI film...
no it will on PS2 only so far
__________________
whatever123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-20, 16:41   Link #10
Limiter
Dead Apostle
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 34
Send a message via AIM to Limiter Send a message via MSN to Limiter Send a message via Yahoo to Limiter
Final Fantasy VII: Dirge of Cerberus

More pics for you louts~!

http://d2r.org/forums/viewthread.php...d=624&pid=9864
http://d2r.org/forums/viewthread.php...d=624&pid=9865

for ps2. I think PSP is a bad idea.

Last edited by Limiter; 2004-09-20 at 16:49. Reason: a proper title is needed.
Limiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-20, 18:23   Link #11
aahhsin
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Vincent? Why Vincent? He's badass and all, but where can he go especially after Advent Children.....

A Prequel on vincent might work. They can tell his love affair with that woman Hojo had. And his turk days. How get got to become a vampire and other stuff.
aahhsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-20, 19:55   Link #12
DekaMaster
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Limiter

And why do you think PSP is a bad idea? I think I can guess but I would love to hear it.

This looks like a DMC clone.
DekaMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-20, 20:06   Link #13
Roots
外人、漫画訳者
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Austin, TX
Age: 32
Honestly, I don't like this. Don't get me wrong, I loved FFVII, but I think having that Advent Children is enough. One thing I always respected about the FF series is that there were no sequels/spin-offs, even if the game was superb. Now look at what's happening. FFX-2? FFVII spin-off? I think they are just trying to use the success of the original game to generate a higher revenue. I remember hearing someone say this somewhere a while ago and I agree: "Square-Enix cares more about making money than they do about making games."
Roots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-20, 21:15   Link #14
Limiter
Dead Apostle
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 34
Send a message via AIM to Limiter Send a message via MSN to Limiter Send a message via Yahoo to Limiter
For me anyways. All portable games tend not as much fun as actual console....think about it as downgrade of games. thats just me of course.

Its true that most sequel from square tends not to turn out good as much as anticipated. Still though. having a fact that Dirge of Cerberus is a game. they might use the materia system thats FF7 thats been favour of being one of the best battle system of the series. Oh right! Vincent is cool. Think about it as made for fans! they already got a lot of money anyways.
Limiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-20, 23:07   Link #15
Timeless Enigma
Tsushima Masaki
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: British Columbia, Canada
I agree with Roots here. Inside my heart I'm hoping this spin-off flops so that Square-Enix can stop living in their "Final Fantasy is all that matters" world and become more innovative like they used to be.

Having every sequel of Final Fantasy be non-direct was bittersweet in that you'd get something fresh every time, but you'd never have a chance to go back to your favourite FF.

Now that we have tasted the forbidden fruit, I myself am wishing they never started breaking tradition. I want to see new ideas and more creativity than using the same characters and world and some of the same system that made millions or billions of dollars and a large amount of fanboys.

You get what I'm trying to say? I'm being a bit hypocritical because I wish they'd do something about Parasite Eve and Final Fantasy VIII as well, but in the end I'd prefer something fresh over rehashes.
__________________
Timeless Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-20, 23:39   Link #16
Roots
外人、漫画訳者
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Austin, TX
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Enigma
I agree with Roots here. Inside my heart I'm hoping this spin-off flops so that Square-Enix can stop living in their "Final Fantasy is all that matters" world and become more innovative like they used to be.

Having every sequel of Final Fantasy be non-direct was bittersweet in that you'd get something fresh every time, but you'd never have a chance to go back to your favourite FF.

Now that we have tasted the forbidden fruit, I myself am wishing they never started breaking tradition. I want to see new ideas and more creativity than using the same characters and world and some of the same system that made millions or billions of dollars and a large amount of fanboys.

You get what I'm trying to say? I'm being a bit hypocritical because I wish they'd do something about Parasite Eve and Final Fantasy VIII as well, but in the end I'd prefer something fresh over rehashes.
Those are my feelings exactly. You literally took the words right out of my ass...I mean mouth.
Roots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-21, 04:59   Link #17
Limiter
Dead Apostle
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 34
Send a message via AIM to Limiter Send a message via MSN to Limiter Send a message via Yahoo to Limiter
What kind of genre could this game be?

traditional RPG?

or action stealth/shooting? <---this would rock it if is
Limiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-21, 06:41   Link #18
kujoe
from head to heel
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Age: 33
Totally agree with Timeless Enigma and Roots here. With regard to this FFVII spin-off, I would say that it seems to have some action-RPG elements along the vein of other titles like DMC or the recent Castlevania games.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-21, 11:58   Link #19
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Time Warp/Future
I liked FF7 a lot, but that's exactly why I think they should leave it as it is and not milking it more and more which will inevitably lead to the ruining of its name. I mean, FFX has a great and emotional ending, and then FFX-2 absolutely buthers the story and has a horrible ending. Also the name "Dirge of Ceberus" sounds horrible IMO
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-21, 15:25   Link #20
DekaMaster
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
I liked FF7 a lot, but that's exactly why I think they should leave it as it is and not milking it more and more which will inevitably lead to the ruining of its name. I mean, FFX has a great and emotional ending, and then FFX-2 absolutely buthers the story and has a horrible ending. Also the name "Dirge of Ceberus" sounds horrible IMO

I prefered FFX-2 to FFX in some ways. But which ending do you mean? FFX-2 has 3-4 endings. I would only care about Dirge if it is a real rpg. If it's just like DMC no thanks.
DekaMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:17.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.