AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2004-09-21, 15:52   Link #21
Limiter
Dead Apostle

Send a message via AIM to Limiter Send a message via MSN to Limiter Send a message via Yahoo to Limiter
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
I liked FF7 a lot, but that's exactly why I think they should leave it as it is and not milking it more and more which will inevitably lead to the ruining of its name. I mean, FFX has a great and emotional ending, and then FFX-2 absolutely buthers the story and has a horrible ending. Also the name "Dirge of Ceberus" sounds horrible IMO

sounds horrible?

hmm...not to me. its something about monsters and demons that Vincents been related with. I think it sounds just fine.
Limiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-21, 16:03   Link #22
odin

Sure it may be a "spinoff" but I'm thinking it will be totally different from FF7. It's a new generation and we can expect a new cast of characters and different gameplay from the original.
odin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-21, 16:39   Link #23
Limiter
Dead Apostle

Send a message via AIM to Limiter Send a message via MSN to Limiter Send a message via Yahoo to Limiter
Now that I think about it. it is still called Final Fantasy. That means its still an RPG. I dont think theres a chance of another genre.

Quote:
Sure it may be a "spinoff" but I'm thinking it will be totally different from FF7. It's a new generation and we can expect a new cast of characters and different gameplay from the original.
that what we all gonna hope for. I hope they make a good.
Old 2004-09-21, 16:57   Link #24
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DekaMaster
I prefered FFX-2 to FFX in some ways. But which ending do you mean? FFX-2 has 3-4 endings. I would only care about Dirge if it is a real rpg. If it's just like DMC no thanks.
I'd say all FFX-2's endings are terrible, except the bad ending, which is not terrible as a bad ending... though still not as good as... say, chronoTrigger's bad ending...

I don't think FFX-2 is a bad game by itself, despite it's obviously a quick way to milk more money, the battle system and the dressphere are actually quite refreshing and fun IMO, however I absolutely hate what it did to the FFX world, the FFX characters and the FFX story. That's why I think they should leave the FF7 world alone. but oh well...

BTW I love DMC and Onimusha, so if Square really want to do a DMC or Onimusha kind of game, I have no problems about it, I just hope they can leave FF7 world alone.
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-21, 17:28   Link #25
DekaMaster
Banned

I think what alot of you are failing to understand is that square-enix is in this for the money. They will do anything they can to keep making it. If that means 1000 spin offs of popular titles like FF7 they are going to milk them dry. Just look at capcom with Rockman. RockMan still makes money so they keep doing it.

And also some one said new characters in Dirge,if you look at the pictures you see Cait sith.
DekaMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-21, 22:03   Link #26
dreamless

Quote:
Originally Posted by DekaMaster
I think what alot of you are failing to understand is that square-enix is in this for the money. They will do anything they can to keep making it. If that means 1000 spin offs of popular titles like FF7 they are going to milk them dry. Just look at capcom with Rockman. RockMan still makes money so they keep doing it.

And also some one said new characters in Dirge,if you look at the pictures you see Cait sith.
yup, they are just milking the franchise dry, and that's why I don't like this idea.

Last edited by dreamless; 2004-09-22 at 09:04.
Old 2004-09-22, 02:58   Link #27
Limiter
Dead Apostle

Face it. All sequels are like that.

if its succesful, then do it again.
Old 2004-09-22, 09:09   Link #28
dreamless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limiter
Face it. All sequels are like that.

if its succesful, then do it again.
maybe all sequels are like that, but few sequels have ruined the story and setting of the original game as badly as FFX-2 did to FFX. Also FF itself is quite a brandname without any need for each FF to be related, so I guess the SquareEnix's recent exploit of existing FF settings with sequels just shows that the influence of the FF brandname is indeed dying... milking just the FF name is not enough, they have to milk some particularly successful FF game which is almost 10 years old already
Old 2004-09-22, 10:48   Link #29
Limiter
Dead Apostle

if thats the only way to coupe with the FFX-2 failure then so be it. That was their very first sequel. I hope they do better this time around.
Old 2004-09-27, 06:57   Link #30
whatever123

Send a message via MSN to whatever123
i just came upon this article in ign http://ps2.ign.com/articles/550/550793p1.html it seems like this game might be a third-person shooting game but that isn't confirmed yet, anyways as i said before i wouldn't mind as long as it is done correctly
Old 2004-09-28, 17:31   Link #31
Serapiel
Ferenan is cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatever123
damn i am so excited
http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/09...s_6107494.html

i think thats one of the greatest news i heard in a while, especially since i was depressed since konami annouced the delay for suikoden 4
That is excellent news!
Serapiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-01, 07:24   Link #32
ForeverGoNe
Inflammation

Cool. Nomura before hinted that he would possibly make a spin-off for FF7 after the complications from AC and XII calm down first. Well... He wasn't lying ;D.