AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Old 2004-09-16, 11:32   Link #1
Don Roberto
President of Euroslavia

Will any mangareaders startwatching the anime again?

Normally as a mangareader I've kinda waned from watching that anime, since I basically know what is going to happen. However, with the upcoming filler arc I may start watching Naruto again to see what kind of things they will include. So I was wondering if any other mangareaders will start watching the anime agian, or will you still continue to not watch it? I was just wondering your views?
Don Roberto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-16, 11:34   Link #2
nitteo
blah blah blah

i have not, and will not watch until it corresponds with the manga.
Old 2004-09-16, 11:41   Link #3
Rurik
Golden

i liked both...i mean...te story in the Manga is way more pure than the one in the Anime....but Nothing beats a good animation compare to some un -collored drawings.........
Old 2004-09-16, 11:46   Link #4
Animizzle
Cool as a Cucumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitteo
i have not, and will not watch until it corresponds with the manga.
Narrowminded bastard

On-topic however, I'v been watching the anime al along even when I knew what would happen. I think I can say the same about the majority of the mangareaders...

And yes this filler-arc seems highly enjoyable to me, im looking forward to it. Finally some new stuff
Old 2004-09-16, 13:59   Link #5
baka_s3nsei
just changed account

You will start watching the anime because it's staring to diverge from the manga ^_^
baka_s3nsei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-16, 18:08   Link #6
xyrrus

am I the only one who thinks the lastest episode (101) was totally out of place, not in the context that it was off track compared to the manga but that the characters themselves didn't act like they're supposed to? It felt like they made this episode during the zabuza arc and didn't decide to use it until now cuz they needed filler episodes.
xyrrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-16, 18:10   Link #7
PureDynamo

I characters were really weird in the last episode, and totally out of character, also the animation looked bad.
PureDynamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-16, 18:12   Link #8
xavier8200

I read both the manga and watch the anime. However, after this arc im done with the manga forever.

for me. Watching a new episode (I dont know what happens) >>> reading new manga chapter
xavier8200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-16, 18:16   Link #9
kboykb

^
l l
l l
l l
l l

Same.. I started watching Naruto kinda late.. I think when i started watching it it was up to ep.. 75 or so.. so I found me a nice bot on mIRC that let me download at 80k/ sec.. and at this rate I could watch an ep, and by the time the ep was over the d/l would be finished!! So I'd watch another.. download.. watch another.. it was a never ending cycle.

Then alas, I got to ep 75 and couldn't stand waiting a week

But I wanna stop reading the manga now so I can get that good feeling I get when a new strong villain appears..
kboykb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-16, 18:52   Link #10
Ketsueki

Send a message via AIM to Ketsueki Send a message via MSN to Ketsueki Send a message via Yahoo to Ketsueki
Quote:
Originally Posted by xavier8200
I read both the manga and watch the anime. However, after this arc im done with the manga forever.

for me. Watching a new episode (I dont know what happens) >>> reading new manga chapter
what he said
Ketsueki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-16, 19:11   Link #11
Sabaku no Gaara
OMG ****ing EMONINJA ><

Send a message via AIM to Sabaku no Gaara Send a message via MSN to Sabaku no Gaara
I like the manga, it's all good and fun. But I've always like seeing how other people can put my imagination to life. That's why I like the anime better.
Sabaku no Gaara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-16, 19:20   Link #12
Zek
Eyebrows...

lol, I keep up with both the manga and the anime and this filler is making it mighty tempting to stick to the manga exclusively. If the rest of it is even close to as terrible as 101 was, then I'd much rather watch a remake of the manga arcs than original content with Naruto's terrible writers.
Zek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-16, 19:29   Link #13
MidoriShinobi
Boha-haha!!

Send a message via AIM to MidoriShinobi Send a message via MSN to MidoriShinobi
I agree. As nice as it is to see my favourite scenes animated, kishimoto's writing > Whoever writes the original anime crap.
In other words, I'll stick to the manga, but I might like to see how they handle this current arc.
MidoriShinobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-16, 19:53   Link #14
OMchan
オムちゃん

Yeah, I read the manga because it's the 'original' stuff and I watch the anime because they show some of the things differently, which is sometimes interesting and sometimes not.

Most of the time I read the manga THEN watch the anime and I stick with reading and watching both... 'cept HxH. I quit reading the manga. >.>;

Kimi ni Todoke
OMchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-16, 20:44   Link #15
xavier8200

well, let me tell you all a story.

THere was a time (around ep 25 or so) that this young man started the anime Naruto. He was ignorant to real methods of downloading and used kazaa to get naruto eps. Then one day I got a message that said "if you want naruto eps and more anime go to animesuki.com" So he said alright the site sounds legit and decided to stop on by. He was shocked and ecstatic at the volume of anime on the site. He also was curious about this thing called bit...torrent. SO he figures out what torrents are and is a huge fan of naruto and anime. Then the Naruto and anime downloading gets out of hand and he figures out mIRC. This young man decided to introduce his girlfriend to Naruto and she also fell in love. Then the weeks got longer the thursday releases got shorter and he decides to go the manga route.

Time passed and he was happy to look at his girlfriends face during all of the plot twists and taijutsu action. Then he realised he was the one gettin hosed. He was the one missin out. He missed being drawn into even the dumbest of situations. Its time to put the manga scanlations away.

True story. I forgot the guys name though lol
xavier8200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-16, 21:42   Link #16
PerniciousJuJu
Yummy kakashi thighs...

Send a message via AIM to PerniciousJuJu Send a message via MSN to PerniciousJuJu
wtf? Of course I will still watch the anime.
PerniciousJuJu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-16, 21:49   Link #17
eccentric
Just plain eccentric.

I read both the manga and watch the anime. It's hard to see all the action in manga and in the anime you can watch all of the action. Plus I like to see what's different about the manga and anime.
eccentric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-16, 21:53   Link #18
krem

both, enjoy the manga more, which is currently stuck at the moment with two characters tanding around not doing a whole lot and remembering the good ol days.

the anime is ok, and when it does stick to the manga, it's nice to see the whole thing come to life, doesn't always have the same impact as the manga, and i sometimes screem at the screen "how could they screw that up?!" but I'll watch both until they're both over.
krem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-16, 22:52   Link #19
Prince of Chronics
One Piece fan

I never really stopped watching the anime... though I do save up episodes in batches of ten... so I can just watch a whole bunch of Naruto at once... I will probably not watch the current filler arc at all... judging from people's posts in the episode discussion threads... they don't really seem that worth it...

I like the comic better since it's a bit faster paced and the current arc is finally at it's climax... but it does drag on...
Old 2004-09-16, 22:56   Link #20
Grona
Big Damit!

I read the manga since the begining, but the anime I picked up after ep 50 and then only every few eps to just see the "cool stuff". I stopped when my ISP put bandwith limits on me, and I dont think a filler arc is going to make me start again... unless there is fanservice
Grona is offline   Reply With Quote