AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2004-09-19, 10:13   Link #21
TrueKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by White_Line
In good, I mean the story, chracters, etc.

I'm sick and tired of playing a game all the way to the end and get some lame ending
It seems like you're a person who liked to play RPG's just for the story and of course, the not so lame ending. If that's the case this =

- Suikoden II (PSX), execellent story and masterpiece. The best of the best, I recommend this over the others. The ending was top notch too.
- Suikoden III (PS2), well, there's basically 4 endings in this game, all good ones. But the fourth ending with Luc and Sarah was the best.
- Shadow Hearts (PS2), again with the good ending, this game really worth it. There's two ending in this game. One bad and one good. The story AND the good ending are really worth ir, trust me.
- Grandia (PSX), my second best choice when it comes for story rpg's, the first was Suikoden II. The happy ending are really worth it.
- Xenogear (PSX), the most controversial rpg in the early days because of it's releigious issue, it's basically a god-slaying story.....maybe........well who cares, but still it's really worth playing, the ending's worth it.
- Xenosaga (PS2), dude this is a friggin space opera, it rocks. It's a prequel from Xenogear. The english voice actings was just sweet in this game. The story itself is awesome. Well if you enjoyed sci-fi religious stories like Xenogears, then this is for you.
- Final Fantasy III US (VI Japan), the third best story RPG in my book after Suiko II and Grandia. It's a classic that I can't describe it in words. All of the chars are almost the main chars and has its own background.
- Star Ocean 3.......well, the story itself imo is a bit cliche, especially in the middle of disc 2, but the endings are really worth it. There are 10 endings, 1 alone ending (complete crap), 4 buddy ending (only got one and it's hilarious), and 5 lovers ending with each girls who has the highest affection for you =) (I got 3 so far). But indeed, in the top rpgs (not affected by the story), this baby ranked the best in my book because of the uber gameplay. (2nd and third are Disgaea and Suikoden II).
- and many others.....

sorry for the long post ^_^;

most anticipated : Shadow Hearts 2 : Covenant, because......it has really good and positives reviews so far from fans, non fans and magazines.
TrueKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-19, 12:28   Link #22
White_Line

Send a message via AIM to White_Line
Wink

^_________^

Well right now, until I can go shopping or renting that is, I'm playing over my Skies of Arcadia game...yesh people, I play the dreamcast version. XD

I'm going to be busy deciding what game I actually want to play.

Thank you all for such long lists!! Now to decide... I acutally have one of the Sukidon games but I'm not sure which one, I only played it for a little while...hmm... maybe I'll get started on that again. XD

White_Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-19, 14:51   Link #23
DekaMaster
Banned

Quote:
^_________^

Well right now, until I can go shopping or renting that is, I'm playing over my Skies of Arcadia game...yesh people, I play the dreamcast version. XD

I'm going to be busy deciding what game I actually want to play.

Thank you all for such long lists!! Now to decide... I acutally have one of the Sukidon games but I'm not sure which one, I only played it for a little while...hmm... maybe I'll get started on that again. XD

Skies Of Arcadia is an excellent game. One of the best RPGs ever made IMO. If you haven't played the Suikoden games make sure you start with 1. If you get the best ending with all 108 you can carry your save over to suikoden 2. Then if you want you can carry the ending save of suik2 over to suik3. Though myself i couldn't stand Suik3. It might have had a good story but the lack of one over all hero,the really bad battle system and the other bad systems ruined it for me.
DekaMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-22, 05:29   Link #24
Thursday
Astronomic Bluesman

Send a message via MSN to Thursday
Just play all the RPG's for the SNES-era. Really, they are quite good, all of them. And in case you don't believe me, start a game, just for nostalgia's sake, and you will be proven wrong.

Quote:
Yes, you should do that. That is a really cool series. If you want even more, you could always check out the fan-made game series with the same concept. That is Legion Saga. Really fabulous games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasengan87
In my opinion, Sword of Mana and the Golden Sun series for Gameboy Advance are quite good choices for rpgs. The storyline and gameplay are totally different, but that's what makes it so fun to play.
I also think you are right. I loved both of them, but too many people give these games too much shit, in my opinion. Okay, Golden Sun might get a a lot of praise, but Sword of Mana is a very underrated game. Perhaps people compare it to it's predecessor Secret of Mana, which is a far better game, in everyone's opinion. < ^o^ >