AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Music

Notices

Old 2004-09-11, 18:44   Link #1
phoenixfire92983

Send a message via ICQ to phoenixfire92983 Send a message via AIM to phoenixfire92983 Send a message via MSN to phoenixfire92983
Question What's the Difference?

Ok, Asian Kung-Fu Generation's next album is gonna be released in Oct.! And I'm def. buying a copy...the question is which copy? A lot of japanese CD's come in both a "Vinyle/Initial Press Release" and the "Regular" release. But what's the diff between the two? Does the vinyle include more pictures, or a secret track??? Vinyle's seem to be at least 5 dollars more than regular, so there has to be something diff. right? If someone could clear all this confusion, then I'd be very very thankful cause I have a purchase coming up!
phoenixfire92983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-11, 20:11   Link #2
Timeless Enigma
Tsushima Masaki

I'm not really sure, but vinyl releases come on phonographic records.

You're probably better off buying the regular release on CD, but if you're into... I guess the "Collector's Edition" type stuff, then the vinyl release is for you.

I hope that helps somewhat.
Old 2004-09-16, 20:28   Link #3
twill_wave

Sol-fa Album, Asian Kung-Fu Generationj

I looked up the new album that is going to be released this oct 20 at CDJapan. They list the album Sol-fa Catalog number KSCL-737 release date 2004/10/20
2913 yen (26.73 US) on their website. they mentioned First Pressing -Special Feature/ bonus.

This could mean that the first pressing disk may have a special limited addition silkscreened disk, special case, picture booklet or some other bonus item that is not part of the normal commerial issue unit.

First pressings are highly sought after by collectors and fans (for the bragging rights) . Myself I get first pressings of Japanese albums whenever possible
twill_wave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-16, 21:41   Link #4
phoenixfire92983

Send a message via ICQ to phoenixfire92983 Send a message via AIM to phoenixfire92983 Send a message via MSN to phoenixfire92983
Thanks for the clarifications. The price seems actually quite reasonable considering if I order now, I'll get a first press release...so I guess I'll do it One more question for you guys. CD Japan calls Asian Kung-Fu Generation's CD "Sol-Fa"...so does the Sony english version for AKG's site. Is this just a mistranslation cause I have no idea what "Sol-Fa" means lol. I've tried the online translators too, and none of them can translate the original japanese text: ソルファ Could someone clarify if this is really the correct title? Thanks again!
Old 2004-09-17, 00:07   Link #5
Timeless Enigma
Tsushima Masaki

It may not be standard Japanese. I have a feeling it's not even Japanese and is from a European Language. Sol means sun Itialian I believe... This is just what I think.
Old 2004-09-17, 01:37   Link #6
ZhouYu
^im with stupid

Sol-Fa could prolly be the tones in a key? (do, re, mi, fa, sol, la, ti, do)
ZhouYu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-17, 03:05   Link #7
CerealKiller
MoralMan

Send a message via AIM to CerealKiller Send a message via MSN to CerealKiller Send a message via Yahoo to CerealKiller
Sol-fa is not japanese for sure, they don't have a "L" it could be a wordplay with solver, and sol or indeed the notes sol and fa
btw. whenever talking about vinyl in the netherlands you talk about LP's
CerealKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-18, 03:07   Link #8
phoenixfire92983

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerealKiller
Sol-fa is not japanese for sure, they don't have a "L" it could be a wordplay with solver, and sol or indeed the notes sol and fa
btw. whenever talking about vinyl in the netherlands you talk about LP's

Hehe, well first I tried the possibility of Sol-Fa as from a diff. language. Using babel translator and a latin translator I realized that:
*In french - "Ground F"
*In latin - "Sol = Sun, Fa = unknown"

So unless the title means 'ground f', i think we could rule that poss. out

The idea of just musical notes is good, but just leaves me even more curious now lol. What rock band names a album from "do re me fa sol la ti no"? I suppose though after all the randomness in AKG's music videos that this wouldn't be too far of a stretch

The wordplay 'solver' is also a good idea too. Another friend of mine thought maybe it stood for 'sulfur'. Either would be cool.

Keep the ideas coming if you have any other suggestions!