AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2004-09-19, 23:01   Link #1
xyrrus
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Something I realized after watching Oro V. Jiraya Fight

After watching ep 94 again I noticed something didn't make sense about the Jiraya v. Oro fight. When he used that technique to turn his hair into spikes and used it as a shield. Oro then managed to create an opening by using his feet attached to the spikes to pry it open. That's when I saw him bite Jiraya in the neck, shouldn't that give Jiraya a cursed seal or did he simply chose not apply it? Since only a small percent of people manage to survive after being biten wouldn't it be a good idea try since Oro doesn't really have any other way to kill him one on one and without his arms. Even if Jiraya survives he would be unconscious like Sasuke was for some time and Oro could kill him then. So why didn't he use it? Only reason I can think of is that perhaps Oro needed his hands to form the seals to initiate the technique before he can bite him but I don't recall him doing that when he bit Sasuke.
xyrrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-19, 23:07   Link #2
wb_hicks
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by xyrrus
After watching ep 94 again I noticed something didn't make sense about the Jiraya v. Oro fight. When he used that technique to turn his hair into spikes and used it as a shield. Oro then managed to create an opening by using his feet attached to the spikes to pry it open. That's when I saw him bite Jiraya in the neck, shouldn't that give Jiraya a cursed seal or did he simply chose not apply it? Since only a small percent of people manage to survive after being biten wouldn't it be a good idea try since Oro doesn't really have any other way to kill him one on one and without his arms. Even if Jiraya survives he would be unconscious like Sasuke was for some time and Oro could kill him then. So why didn't he use it? Only reason I can think of is that perhaps Oro needed his hands to form the seals to initiate the technique before he can bite him but I don't recall him doing that when he bit Sasuke.
go back and watch the ep when sasuke got the CS you will see that oro does a seal then bits him
wb_hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-19, 23:43   Link #3
Rurik
Golden
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: 9th Temple
Age: 35
Yeah basically The Bitting For sasuke he did it To inflict the curse seal...in the case
of jiraya...Oro use the bitting only as atack because he did not had arms...so he used Feet and Mouth as Weapons...and like WV_kicks said...for the Curse seal he have to make Hand seals........
__________________
"when you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." -
Rurik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-20, 02:26   Link #4
Kidd
SD Translator
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Sweden
Age: 29
Send a message via ICQ to Kidd Send a message via AIM to Kidd Send a message via MSN to Kidd Send a message via Yahoo to Kidd
Worthless trivia, it's the same seal that Haku uses for Makyouhyoushou, and it's only ever used by those two at those two occasions. (I don't remember any other time)
Kidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-20, 08:53   Link #5
Srin Tuar
無謀
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Without his arms he cannot perform jutu's anymore: so he couldnt have sealed ero-sennin even if he wanted to.
Srin Tuar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-20, 19:47   Link #6
Mezu
The Guardian
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Look how powerful Jiraiya is...now...imagine Jiraiya with the curse seal activated. Catch my drift?
__________________
Mezu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-20, 19:50   Link #7
naruto_117
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mezu
Look how powerful Jiraiya is...now...imagine Jiraiya with the curse seal activated. Catch my drift?
Now that sounds pretty sweet. Maybe Orochimaru was going his jugular.
__________________
"After all, we are just humans" ~Momichi Zabuza
naruto_117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-20, 20:47   Link #8
callowmallow
Freshman Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Age: 28
Send a message via AIM to callowmallow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd
Worthless trivia, it's the same seal that Haku uses for Makyouhyoushou, and it's only ever used by those two at those two occasions. (I don't remember any other time)
....or it could mean that that's the handseal for hijutsu techniques
__________________
That's my purse!!!
callowmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-20, 20:48   Link #9
wb_hicks
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
i think oro's body has the curse seal on it. it like he marks the body he wants when his curse seal b4 taking it. or it could be used to get the body as close as possible to his old body in terms of strenght
wb_hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-21, 23:25   Link #10
Bflip
Cirque Dame's Jonin
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha_Rurik
Yeah basically The Bitting For sasuke he did it To inflict the curse seal...in the case.
Holy crap, that was annoying.

Although the spelling was decent, that grammar was frekkin confusing.

Translation:

Yeah, basically the bitting of Sasuke was for inflicting the curse seal... In the case.....
__________________
Sig removed by Mod (xris) because it exceeds the limits as requested in the forum rules. See this post.
Bflip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-22, 02:54   Link #11
OliverTwist
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
What I don't understand about that whole scene is how Oro could run around like nothing happened after getting stabbed through the foot with spikes.
OliverTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-22, 07:08   Link #12
swerv
Stay Up
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: :noitacoL


I know this isn't an english class but if you're going to correct someone you may aswell do it properly

"In this case, Sasuke was bitten to inflict the curse seal."

Much better.

(sorry just bored, oh and it's biting)
__________________
swerv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-22, 11:27   Link #13
Shining Celebi
a
 
Join Date: May 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by OliverTwist
What I don't understand about that whole scene is how Oro could run around like nothing happened after getting stabbed through the foot with spikes.
Jiraiya's technique failed. He wasn't able to turn his hair into actual spikes that would hurt anyone, methinks.
Shining Celebi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-22, 13:53   Link #14
OliverTwist
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shining Celebi
Jiraiya's technique failed. He wasn't able to turn his hair into actual spikes that would hurt anyone, methinks.

Watch the scene again. They actually show his hair stabbing through Oro's foot in multiple places. (This is in the anime btw. I never checked what it looked like in the manga.)
OliverTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-22, 18:17   Link #15
Satoru
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Hm...the topic of this thread is quite interesting. Unfortunately, you are discussing that pointless 'why didnt jiraiya get the kubiwa-thing'. Nobody mentioned the interesting fact that Orochimaru asked Jiraiya to give up, though he could have killed him. I guess they have a similar relationship like Naruto and Sasuke. Orochimaru likes Jiraiya as a rival and doesn't want to kill him, so he isn't 100% evil.
Satoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-22, 19:46   Link #16
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Doesn't look like Kansas
Oro can walk with a stabbed foot for the same reason Jiraiya could walk with a leg and some ribes broken : because they're good, simple as that
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:13.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.