AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2004-09-22, 08:43   Link #1
Gevurah
What you say?!?!

Any good Mecha games out there?

Yo, I'm obviously a huge fan of mecha, and if the games are done right, I'm definately down. So far I own and enjoy the PS2 Gundam Games and ZOE2 (so far my favorite mecha game). Right now I'm waiting for Gundam Ace Pilot on the GC to come out.

Anybody know of any good ones out there? Preferably not RPG or along the lines of Mechwarrior for the PC.

"I appear to be a plushie, but my heart is that of a wolf." - Kon
Gevurah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-22, 14:32   Link #2
AnAlPedoFileMan
hey there lil girlie

Armored Core:Nexus is coming out in a couple of weeks for the ps2, customizeable parts, 2 disk set from wut ive heard, etc. etc. etc.
AnAlPedoFileMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-22, 14:50   Link #3
DryMaltExtract
Huge Member

Do you have the japanese gundam games or just the english ones?

If eng only, grab Gundam: Lost War Chronicles. IMO it has the best engine and was the most fun in comparison to the others. When I first played Fed. Vs. Zeon in the arcade I enjoyed it but compared to LWC it just doesn't control well.
DryMaltExtract is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-23, 03:45   Link #4
Gevurah
What you say?!?!

Which one is Lost War Chronicles? Is that like a sequel to Federation vs Zeon?

Old 2004-09-23, 04:46   Link #5
Umbrae
Generic Human

any one have an opinion on the last good mecha PC game that was released? I need somthing to fill my giant robot terrorizing citys fix.
Old 2004-09-23, 06:55   Link #6
srb
I can see time itself!

Send a message via MSN to srb
Umbrae: Umm, probably Shogo: Mobile Armor Division, although I'm a big fan of the MechWarrior series on PC, and MechAssault on the Xbox.

Dry Malt: I myself have a chipped PS2 and I'm thinking of getting Lost War Chronicles since I've heard it's pretty good and I want a solid ground-battle game (with EiS being just space battles and FvZ and AvT (import) being sort of arcadey, but fun). Also, I'm of course hoping for the GC Gundam game to be released in the US so I can import it to Sweden and I want to get Battle Assault 3 as well for some fun fighting with my friends. Also hoping for SEED: Never Ending Tomorrow, it looks like a good game.

I actually haven't played any Armored Core games since the first one came out for the PS1 in... 1998 or so? It was fun, but my financial situation prevented me from getting a PS2 until summer 2003 so I don't know much about the later ones, although I'm thinking of checking one out. Which is the best of 2, 2: Another Age and 3?
srb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-23, 15:10   Link #7
AnAlPedoFileMan
hey there lil girlie

srb- of all the ps2 AC games there are i liked Silent Line the best, fyi Silent Line is basically the expansion to AC3 but much more new parts than AC2:Another Age
Old 2004-09-23, 16:35   Link #8
srb
I can see time itself!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnAlPedoFileMan
srb- of all the ps2 AC games there are i liked Silent Line the best, fyi Silent Line is basically the expansion to AC3 but much more new parts than AC2:Another Age
But is it complete with the old game, like the Morrowind GOTY edition had both expansions and the original game for example?
Old 2004-09-23, 22:49   Link #9
AnAlPedoFileMan
hey there lil girlie

no. From Software has never done any kind of special edition dealy thingies. prolly the closest thing to that was probably the re-issue of AC1 back on the psx
Old 2004-09-24, 08:13   Link #10
Gevurah
What you say?!?!

Yeah, the GC Gundam: Ace Pilot is supposed to have the best controls and graphics out of all the Gundam games made (DC, PS, PS2). I was reading @ gamefaqs forums that it improves the controls of the DC Gundam game (that one was really fun) 10 fold. It's supposed to come to the states in December, I think. I'll definately be waiting on that one.

One mecha game I was very surprised with was Robotech: Battlecry. They did a really good job in getting the general feel of flying a Veritech in comparison to the crappy ass Bandai PS games.

Old 2004-09-24, 23:13   Link #11
srb
I can see time itself!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gevurah
Yeah, the GC Gundam: Ace Pilot is supposed to have the best controls and graphics out of all the Gundam games made (DC, PS, PS2). I was reading @ gamefaqs forums that it improves the controls of the DC Gundam game (that one was really fun) 10 fold. It's supposed to come to the states in December, I think. I'll definately be waiting on that one.

One mecha game I was very surprised with was Robotech: Battlecry. They did a really good job in getting the general feel of flying a Veritech in comparison to the crappy ass Bandai PS games.
Yeah, Battlecry was a decent game, I picked it up dirt cheap but I still enjoyed it immensely. A bit difficult sometimes though, but that's all the better.