AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Maria-sama

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-09-29, 10:23   Link #21
paranoia's wish

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColeMasta
i wonder if it's that new gay-tv channel i hear they're releasing around february. that'd be pretty cool though, seeing maria-sama on tv here... but thinking about the dubbed voices they'll give to our girls makes me get chills... @_@
yah that's the channel. i don't think it's cool because they probably won't show it here and also because everybody will make fun of it and diss it because it's on gay channel .
Old 2004-09-29, 14:59   Link #22
Italicus

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by paranoia's wish
yah that's the channel. i don't think it's cool because they probably won't show it here and also because everybody will make fun of it and diss it because it's on gay channel .
'R u sure 'bout that?

I checked on AoD and it turned out to be still unlicensed....
Old 2004-09-29, 15:03   Link #23
SCR512
Ayu/Eclipse Semi-Slave

Send a message via AIM to SCR512
rumors from what I see
Old 2004-09-29, 17:21   Link #24
paranoia's wish

the petition is real but that doesn't means it gets licensed, right?
Old 2004-09-30, 00:38   Link #25
Italicus

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by paranoia's wish
the petition is real but that doesn't means it gets licensed, right?

Let's all cross our fingers and hope it fails, then....
Old 2004-09-30, 04:36   Link #26
Nork22

Wow.... just wow. That's all I have to say that's not already been said by most of the non-novel watchers here.
Spoiler:

Bring on the next season!!! (I hope )
Old 2004-10-01, 23:43   Link #27
Kaoru Chujo
Minase Inori

I loved the episode, and the ending. I thought the Yumi-Sachiko reunion went too fast, as others have said. But I actually liked the torrent of roses. "Willing suspension of disbelief." I just relaxed and enjoyed it for its intent. So overblown that it went beyond cheesy to effective, for me.
Old 2004-10-02, 21:38   Link #28
Takemi_Ikazuchi

Don'f forget when they start the sexy saxophone music

XD
Old 2004-10-04, 02:57   Link #29
Noriko
白薔薇のファン。

Hum, yeah ^^; my eyebrowns raised by themselves when the roses and the music appeared, I was surprised, hem ^-^;
Old 2004-10-07, 23:43   Link #30
ColeMasta

Send a message via AIM to ColeMasta
party foul

ok, i'm going to commit another party foul , but here goes anyway:

someone on page 1 of this thread asked what the web address for lord wu's website was because l33t is down, but the web address was never actually put up. forgive me again if i have sinned , but hey, i just wanna see how it ends. i got up to 12 spring!

anyway, thanks, and sorry if i oughtta be.
Old 2004-10-16, 12:06   Link #31
Sweets Yumi
Queen Marimite ~♥~

What a big let down this season has been.

I'm not even going to watch the rest of the season. I'll just stop with episode 5 (no point me ever watching evil episode 6 -which is also the last episode I've seen of this season- again)

I HATE Sachiko! She couldn't be more full of herself is she tried. She's also such a user! I can't wait til she graduates and Yumi will be free of this USELESS/ABUSIVE relationship.

This season was soooooooooooooo tacky.
Old 2004-10-16, 14:07   Link #32
Shigan
Forever a Journey

?????????

Are you kidding me? Episode 13 was one of the best this far in the whole shebang if you like Sachiko and Yumi, next to episode 6 of course, which will forever be my favorite for featuring Sei and Shimako.
Old 2004-10-16, 15:15   Link #33
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

I cant help but agreeing with Shingan. I found Chapter 6 to be one of the best of the WHOLE series, with the story being portrayed in quite an effective way.

And I can't understand why you don't like the series because a character caused a bad impression on you. When a character causes an impression on me, even if its bad one, I can call the series good. It's when you are left with nothing at all that you can call it a bad anime
Old 2004-10-16, 21:49   Link #34
Sweets Yumi
Queen Marimite ~♥~

Bad impressions don't work for me.

I hate cruel/selfish people. Sachiko is the main character under Yumi, so having her suck as much as she does, ruins the whole series for me. She's like all the worst qualities people can have all rolled into one person.

I haven't watched past episode 6, like I said. But reading about the lame umbrella arc makes me not even care to watch. -Ugh- And it's funny cause I've never liked Sachiko, but somehow I like her less and less, every episode I read. I can even say she's my most hated character in all of anime. >__>

I miss last season, those Valentine episodes were great to me.

But I still consider myself a fan, cause Season One will always be dear to me and kept in my possession.
Old 2004-10-16, 23:30   Link #35
Proto

Well if you consider yourself a fan then give the series a chance to the very end... then you could rightfully say you didnt like it instead of relying on hunches ^^ ...

Personally, although ive found the story in s2 to be slightly more rushed, i cant find any significant differences in the episode quality... the only differences is that we get to know the characters in a deeper way. In fact that is something I like about this series; the cast do not remain flat, as the stories advances we learn more about them, about their strenghts, about their weeknesses.... with that you can start liking or disliking different characters.... but IMO that is what makes an anime good. That the characters behave like actual humans (That's the main reason this series made it to the #2 in my ranking ^.^)

And well.. on a side note I cant see how you enclose such negative views on Sachiko... sure she is quite short sighted but she cares for the one she loves in her own (maybe twisted from your POV ) way. Would you actually like this series if everyone was a goodie doodie and nothing ever happened ^^

Last edited by Proto; 2004-10-17 at 08:51.
Old 2004-10-17, 03:41   Link #36
kj1980
kaii~...kana? kana?

...or better yet, read the novel (assumption you cannot read Japanese taken into consideration).

Indeed, it is very interesting to hear your despise towards Sachiko. From what most of novel readers get is that Sachiko and Yumi have this strong rapport and symbiotic relationship that we adorn.
Old 2004-10-17, 07:51   Link #37
Proto

Well... usually for reading things like Marimite you need a JLPT 2 level... which is a grade that is usually possesed by foreign Japanese teachers ^^ ... so i guess many of us are a little far from that possibility (at least yet...)

BTW I remember you Sweet Yumi giving a page with some novel translations... i forgot to backup my bookmarks in the last format so could you give it away again
Old 2004-10-17, 07:55   Link #38
Shigan
Forever a Journey

Proto hit it pretty well.

The reason to why I specifically like Sachiko and Yumi's, like Sei and Shimako's relationship so much is how the serie has really taken the time to show and explain all the undergoing reasons and emotions that are the causes.

While Sachiko and Yumi sure hit it well in the first arc, I still got the feeling of that neither was entirely comfortable with what there was between them. It's very much alike when you had your first crush way back in middle school or junior high; when there was this person you just really really liked, but neither of you were entirely sure of how to show and act on it, afraid that you may make a wrong move and ruin it.

If you compare Sei and Shimako with our both protagonists, it becomes more evident. While our white rose family's bound certainly don't go as deep and personal as the red roses, both Sei and Shimako knows exactly where they have each other and what to expect from the other. While their relationship is not as depending, they are both entirely comfortable with what they have and have no reason to tip-toe around each other carefully.

Yumi and Sachiko however, as strong and superior as Sachiko is, the both of them are *heavily* dependent on each other. In fact, I actully wonder if Sachiko's dependance on Yumi isn't greater than the reverse. When you have such a precious bound you want to protect, you tend to be very careful with it which the two of them really seemed to be in the first season. The both of them were glad to be together, but as the same time, haven't reached the same deep level of understanding and respect as Sei and Shimako. The second season with the rainy blue arc, strenghtened this aspect something tremendously. While on the contrary to how many people may wish that relationships are, people often are egoistic in a relation. They are this because it is permitted.

I'm sorry if I'm crushing someone's happy love dream now but a relationship is not something a couple naturally have together, how much they may love each other. It is something two separate people are willing to sacrifice and struggle for to build.

And with the second season, the author of Marimite really proved that she excels in understanding and not to mention, potraiting this important fact for the audience. I'm glad that Yumi and Sachiko had their little angsty period, because honestly, that was what they needed.

And oi, in that case, Sei definelty leads the league of worst-character-image. Her little burst-out towards Shimako in the meeting room kinda settled that score . Still, you gotta love those two.
Never stop being a kid. Never stop feeling and seeing and being excited with great things like air and engines and sounds of sunlight within you. Wear your little mask if you must to protect you from the world but if you let that kid disappear you are grown up and you are dead.
Richard Bach

Shigan's Fanfiction Masterlist -- The Hayate x Vivio Files
Old 2004-10-17, 15:53   Link #39
mintyfresh
Altoid

I must agree with what's been said -- many climactic things will occur during the Rainy Blue arc, and I think it's best that you stick with the series the entire way through. You may jut leave this season with a completely new perspective of Sachiko and Yumi's relationship (and of the two characters individually). Goodness knows I did. ^^

Oh, and as for the site with the (in progress) Marimite novel translations, I believe the address was http://www.saicoink.com/marimite/
Old 2004-10-17, 17:33   Link #40
Lyca

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColeMasta
ok, i'm going to commit another party foul , but here goes anyway:

someone on page 1 of this thread asked what the web address for lord wu's website was because l33t is down, but the web address was never actually put up. forgive me again if i have sinned , but hey, i just wanna see how it ends. i got up to 12 spring!

anyway, thanks, and sorry if i oughtta be.
I think the only way of getting epp 13 is to use 'Winny' or live in Japan. I did try to use Winny but unsuccessfully (damn my noobness). Anyways we'll just have to wait for Ayu to sub it. I'll appreciate the wait anyway because I hate it when a series ends.
Closed Thread