AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Forum & Site Feedback

Notices

View Poll Results: How is the forum speed ?
Fast 17 42.50%
Same as before 16 40.00%
Slow 7 17.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2004-09-27, 13:13   Link #1
Mb81
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Forum Speed

Well, i`ve got to ask again since we made some changes.

How is the speed currently ?
Mb81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-27, 13:59   Link #2
Mr_Paper
Hmm...
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Looking for his book...
It's pretty fast when I'm not getting those 'forum is too busy' errors.
Mr_Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-27, 15:11   Link #3
mantidor
the Iniquitous
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: bogotá
Send a message via Yahoo to mantidor
As I said before no change here since my conection is bad and if theres improvement I simply cant notice it. the list of people watching its gone again and I think its for good this time... If it really improves everyone's speed then I think its a good compromise. (Although I miss it of course) and that "server is busy" messages appear a lot here when trying to post, its like I can see the threads but I cant post in them (here I go my fifth attempt)
mantidor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-27, 15:21   Link #4
OutPhase
Lord Chairman God King
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Do you really give a damn?
Send a message via AIM to OutPhase
I couldn't care how fast it goes if I have this server message 3 times before I can see a thread. The speed is slightly better and it would be perfect if we didn't get this server busy crap. Let's try to drop that not being able to view forums thing, okay? I get angry enough at my computer and we don't need anything else that can trigger us to smashing it. We like our computers to be the not broken kind.

Simply put. Drop the speed to what it was before so the server busy message can leave us alone.
__________________
OutPhase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-27, 15:27   Link #5
Mb81
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razer_2mb
I couldn't care how fast it goes if I have this server message 3 times before I can see a thread. The speed is slightly better and it would be perfect if we didn't get this server busy crap. Let's try to drop that not being able to view forums thing, okay? I get angry enough at my computer and we don't need anything else that can trigger us to smashing it. We like our computers to be the not broken kind.

Simply put. Drop the speed to what it was before so the server busy message can leave us alone.
Well; this messages only accours due the attacks yesterday/today... and are there to not harm the server further.. as you said, the forum server is fast (it should be lol) but the problem are that attacks against the apache.

I got now two choices. I will try a more light httpd. If that fails too, i`m gonna add another forumserver with mod_backhand to share traffic (since this proxy flooding only works on one server by time).
Mb81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-27, 15:35   Link #6
Mb81
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mb81
Well; this messages only accours due the attacks yesterday/today... and are there to not harm the server further.. as you said, the forum server is fast (it should be lol) but the problem are that attacks against the apache.

I got now two choices. I will try a more light httpd. If that fails too, i`m gonna add another forumserver with mod_backhand to share traffic (since this proxy flooding only works on one server by time).
I´m gonna try now thttpd.
Mb81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-27, 18:49   Link #7
sarcasteak
WAHA~
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: World overloaded with fun
Age: 30
When the forum isn't too busy, the load speed is much faster. So whatever you are doing, keep up the good work!
__________________
sarcasteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-27, 19:07   Link #8
Mb81
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcasteak
When the forum isn't too busy, the load speed is much faster. So whatever you are doing, keep up the good work!
Na... far from that what i want...
Mb81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-27, 19:09   Link #9
JOJOS'STAR
Ero~Kairin! ^-^ Yeay!
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: ~ Montreal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razer_2mb
Simply put. Drop the speed to what it was before so the server busy message can leave us alone.
Thats stupid. It has nothing to do with it.

Yes the forums are a lot faster now.

BTW, Mb81 why did the active member names on the bottom of the page disappeared just a while ago?
__________________
JOJOS'STAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-27, 19:17   Link #10
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to hobobaggins
It seems faster to me, but that may be because a bunch of my ----------- torrents finished.

yes, this is quite noticably faster.
__________________
hobobaggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-27, 20:32   Link #11
Shay
Monarch Programmer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Liverpool
Age: 32
It's slow for me.
__________________
Current Anime - Attack on Titan
Current Manga - Naruto
Current Book - Waiting for War of the Roses
Current Album - Vessel by Twenty One Pilots
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-27, 20:41   Link #12
mantidor
the Iniquitous
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: bogotá
Send a message via Yahoo to mantidor
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOJOS'STAR
Thats stupid. It has nothing to do with it.

Yes the forums are a lot faster now.

BTW, Mb81 why did the active member names on the bottom of the page disappeared just a while ago?
Im sure the list gone is the main reason for the forums speed improvement, although I sure miss it, specially since I cant see an improvement in load times if any page takes almost 30 seconds for me (I had to learn to be very pacient )... I think its fine, the mayority of people have better time, and thats what counts.
mantidor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-28, 00:41   Link #13
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to hobobaggins
i think we should clarify.

transfering from page-to-page takes a maximum of 3 seconds (on the most image savy) when it is uninhibited (with AS downloads.)

down from 7. thats really it for me

Location: Los Angeles CA (maybe that has an effect?)
__________________
hobobaggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-28, 06:14   Link #14
wao
OK.
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: The Fields of High Attus
Age: 25
Hm, okay, this is a bit hard to answer so I said same as before.

It is a *bit* faster without the "who's browsing this thread" thing at the bottom (thoguh I'd rather have that there), but only a bit.
Then it depends on time as well: on the odd case that I use the computer around 1:00~5:00 AM it's slower for me. I'm nto so sure about the time between 5am and 3 pm, I'm usually in school :P

By the way, I am +8 GMT...
__________________
Thanks for the fish
wao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-28, 11:54   Link #15
durrem
[megaplay] *sparkles*
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Milpitas, CA, USA
I really don't care about an extra few seconds loading time. You know what is really costing me time? It's the removal of the subscribed thread icon. That saved me a lot of time browsing through the New Posts search. It's a lot more time consuming and awkward to make sure I don't miss a thread I already posted to when I'm going through the list. Could you please turn that icon back on? Thanks
durrem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-28, 12:50   Link #16
mantidor
the Iniquitous
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: bogotá
Send a message via Yahoo to mantidor
I have to say that the "server busy" messages arent as frequent as yesterday, I havent actually had one today, the problem seems to happen when I try to post, it inmediatly says its an invalid thread, I simply push the back button an click the "post" button again to make it work.
mantidor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-28, 13:09   Link #17
Grona
Big Damit!
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: PEI, Canada
Age: 31
slower, no suprise since it take 5-10 refreshes to actulay load a page up now with the sever is busy messages.
__________________
Grona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-28, 13:22   Link #18
Mr_Paper
Hmm...
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Looking for his book...
@Mb81 - Did you do something to the forum time again, because my posts are starting to appear before previous posts.

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...050#post324050

I'm replying before the quoted post.
Mr_Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-28, 13:59   Link #19
7thMethuselah
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Antwerp area, Belgium, Europa
Age: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Paper
@Mb81 - Did you do something to the forum time again, because my posts are starting to appear before previous posts.

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...050#post324050

I'm replying before the quoted post.
the forum's clock is probably wrong again, which causes yr post to appear before the one you quote . It happened before
__________________

7thMethuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-28, 15:12   Link #20
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: UK
'Server too Busy' messages aside, it does seem a lot faster over the last couple of days...
Sonhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:10.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.