AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-11-24, 11:55   Link #221
MartAnimE
willingness to die

I've been on the site and I tried to vote for Sir Issac... I wonder if it had any effect anyway, it's quite unfair to be voting already, Camus have been winning since the start cuz he's the cute little one, and Ludwig... I wonder why is he so popular, I don't really like him, can't he fully open his eyes or something it makes him look like he's permanently on drugs

Spoiler for Ludwig permanently on drugs:
MartAnimE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-24, 12:29   Link #222
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Ludwig is popular because he is the perfection incarnate, "you commoners are stupid and cannot possibly understand the brilliance of my mind, so you all shall just follow my orders without question."

we are awaiting your rule, Ludwig-sama!!!

Last edited by dreamless; 2004-11-24 at 14:07.
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-24, 13:55   Link #223
Grifis
Eternal Dreamer

I have problem seeing Camus as a male (maybe because of the female face). I'm voting for Ludwig-sama. He's indeed perfection.

Grifis
Old 2004-11-24, 14:36   Link #224
MartAnimE
willingness to die

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
"you commoners are stupid and cannot possibly understand the brilliance of my mind, so you all shall just follow my orders without question."
That's exactly the kind of attitude that I despise about him... but Camus said he was in truth a really gentle person... yeah, right...
Old 2004-11-24, 17:49   Link #225
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Yeah, I see Camus as being an eternal optimist.... "Why can't we all just get along?" and so forth. Granted, I haven't yet watched the episode which centers around him, so I could be reading his personality totally wrong. However, I'm still inclined to think well of Ludwig, simply because Naoji--who seems like a very sensible person--hangs out with him. Naoji definitely isn't at all like the rest of Ludwig's groupies, so I'm inclined to suspect that Camus is right. There's probably a lot more to Ludwig than it appears.

Maybe I'm just trying to rationalize the fact that I love characters who look and act vaguely sadistic or evil but actually have a good streak (Carossaur!). Although to be honest, if I preferred anyone it'd probably be Camus. Gotta love that character design.
Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-25, 12:41   Link #226
clem-kun
Shi-Fa Staff

Send a message via AIM to clem-kun
I personally dislike Camus, because of his feminine nature... But Episode 3 was still enjoyable. I always am piqued by supernatural occurances...

I am about to watch the 4th Episode - hope it is enjoyable as well. (When in the storyline going to settle in!? X.x)
clem-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-25, 13:32   Link #227
dreamless

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartAnimE
That's exactly the kind of attitude that I despise about him... but Camus said he was in truth a really gentle person... yeah, right...
you think Ludwig is evil? Wait till you see Dark Schneider, "To make the entire world happy? NONSENSE! Even I can't do that. The most I can do is to make HALF of the world happy. How? Simple, for all girls, being in my harem is their ultimate happiness and salvation!" That's definitely the single BEST line ever in any ACG there was, there is, and there ever will be!

back to topic, I hope Naoji's episode is the last "individual introduction episode". Maybe they can develop Ludwig and Orpherus along the main plot line instead of confining their character development to a single episode...
Old 2004-11-25, 15:20   Link #228
MartAnimE
willingness to die

Quote:
you think Ludwig is evil? Wait till you see Dark Schneider, "To make the entire world happy? NONSENSE! Even I can't do that. The most I can do is to make HALF of the world happy. How? Simple, for all girls, being in my harem is their ultimate happiness and salvation!" That's definitely the single BEST line ever in any ACG there was, there is, and there ever will be!
Who is Dark Schneider? I've heard the name before but I can't recall... which anime is he from?

Quote:
back to topic, I hope Naoji's episode is the last "individual introduction episode". Maybe they can develop Ludwig and Orpherus along the main plot line instead of confining their character development to a single episode...
And don't forget Sir Isaac, he too deserves his own character development episode...
Old 2004-11-25, 15:49   Link #229
Leo_Otaku
俺たちはリトルバスターズ!

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grifis
I have problem seeing Camus as a male (maybe because of the female face). I'm voting for Ludwig-sama. He's indeed perfection.

Grifis
I vote Orpherus he is so hot ^-^
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-25, 16:55   Link #230
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Quote:
Who is Dark Schneider? I've heard the name before but I can't recall... which anime is he from?
Never heard of him but it was on animenfo, he's from "Bastard! Destroyer of Darkness".
Trax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-25, 17:09   Link #231
MartAnimE
willingness to die

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trax
Never heard of him but it was on animenfo, he's from "Bastard! Destroyer of Darkness".
Well, he does sound like a real "Bastard"

Back on topic... if they're going to do an individual character development episode for all six characters they'll waste half the series with it... when will the real plot start to reveall? What is the real plot btw? I bet it has something to do with that girl...
Old 2004-11-25, 18:01   Link #232
clem-kun
Shi-Fa Staff

Send a message via AIM to clem-kun
Quote:
...if they're going to do an individual character development episode for all six characters they'll waste half the series with it... when will the real plot start to reveall? What is the real plot btw? I bet it has something to do with that girl...
And possibly with a war [with a foreign country] too. Any maybe Camus' power comes in handy someplace in the storyline... and I do hope that Eduard's stepmother gets the punishment she deserves.
clem-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-25, 22:33   Link #233
auriya

Episode 2 was an improvement on 1, though I agree that the plot needs to start moving faster--angsting and (shounen-ai-hinted) friendship and bishounen-ish-ness is nice, but there are only 13 episodes and they can't expect viewers to spend the whole time swooning over the characters...well, actually, in my case they probably can. ^^; But still, I hope at least we get some more interesting villains soon. Beruze and the Countessa seem rather blah and undynamic; even though they're evil, you don't really get the sense that they pose much of a threat to Orph & Co.
auriya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-26, 01:24   Link #234
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Quote:

Back on topic... if they're going to do an individual character development episode for all six characters they'll waste half the series with it... when will the real plot start to reveall? What is the real plot btw? I bet it has something to do with that girl...
I'd be willing to bet that Sir Isaac will play a big role as well. Because he's older and practically lives in a different world than the remaining five male leads, he's going to have to be really important to the main plot in order to "earn" his place as a protagonist (or antagonist--we can only wait and see, I guess). However, for the same reason, I don't think he'll get an introduction episode. Orpherus, who seems to get a lot of screentime no matter what, probably won't either.

Avenger is Bee Train's only other thirteen-episode series, right? From what I've seen of it, I feel that it may be a little difficult to compare them (since Avenger's core cast is a lot smaller), but does anyone remember how slowly or quickly Avenger's plot progressed, or whether it ended well? I'm just curious, I guess.
Old 2004-11-26, 01:47   Link #235
dreamless

Quote:

And don't forget Sir Isaac, he too deserves his own character development episode...
Dark Schneider is from BASTARD!!, one of the best manga series EVER!!!

Isaac... I think his character development/revelation should also be spread over the episodes... judging from his on-and-off appearances, maybe he's a background type of character?
Old 2004-11-26, 09:01   Link #236
MartAnimE
willingness to die

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus IX
I'd be willing to bet that Sir Isaac will play a big role as well. Because he's older and practically lives in a different world than the remaining five male leads, he's going to have to be really important to the main plot in order to "earn" his place as a protagonist (or antagonist--we can only wait and see, I guess).
Althoug he seems to be a nice guy (he helped orpherus an eduard on episode 2), I think he might reveal as an antagonist, if there's gonna be some kind of war (like clem-kun suggested), due to the country's isolation from the outside world, Sir Isaac might as well be a spy from the enemy (he did come from the outside) maybe I'm being too conspirative but he has that look... like someone who knows more than the rest... do you know what I mean?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus IX
Avenger is Bee Train's only other thirteen-episode series, right? From what I've seen of it, I feel that it may be a little difficult to compare them (since Avenger's core cast is a lot smaller), but does anyone remember how slowly or quickly Avenger's plot progressed, or whether it ended well? I'm just curious, I guess.
I'm afraid there's no way you can compare avenger to this... Not only did the plot moved really slow as it didn't make much sense most of the time either and the end, well, the end was quite chaotic, they left many questions in the air, and the main character went mad or something, anyway, I suppose the end was kinda... positive still, I loved the series it's so stylish, so cool, great remarkable music, but a little insane...

EDIT:
Spoiler:

Last edited by MartAnimE; 2004-11-26 at 12:41.
Old 2004-11-26, 14:10   Link #237
Varekai
A past life tragic ending

Quote:

I am looking Meine Liebe homepage and episode five is Ludwing-centric so i bet that the next episode is going to be about Isaac, the real plot should start from episode seven then, maybe they will explain why that girl is alway hanging around

Spoiler for Spoiler!! :thinker::
Varekai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-26, 15:35   Link #238
Lanithro
ridiculous dandy

Wink

Quote:
Althoug he seems to be a nice guy (he helped orpherus an eduard on episode 2), I think he might reveal as an antagonist, if there's gonna be some kind of war <snip snip!>
He only helped Ed and Orphe because Naoji told him to.

"Leave things here to me." says Naoji. Then Ludwig turns up like a deus ex machina and defends Ed and Orphe- who he's not been seen to be particularly fond of.

Naoji has to get something from Ludwig in return for following him about all the time and serving his tea. Camus despairs and says "What to do!" but Naoji sorts stuff out.
Lanithro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-26, 17:30   Link #239
MartAnimE
willingness to die

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanithro
He only helped Ed and Orphe because Naoji told him to.

"Leave things here to me." says Naoji. Then Ludwig turns up like a deus ex machina and defends Ed and Orphe- who he's not been seen to be particularly fond of.

Naoji has to get something from Ludwig in return for following him about all the time and serving his tea. Camus despairs and says "What to do!" but Naoji sorts stuff out.
Actually, when I said
Quote:
Althoug he seems to be a nice guy (he helped orpherus an eduard on episode 2)
I was referring to Sir Isaac and not Ludwig but that was a good point nevertheless! I was actually thinking Ludwig had helped them out of his free will (and maybe he was starting to reveal as the gentle person Camus said he was), but what you're saying seems to fit also, he definitly owned that to Naoji
But what can we conclude from this? That Ludwig is actually as cold and heartless as he looks and incapable of doing an altruist act of kindness out of his own free will? To be honest, even though I'm not very fond of Ludwig myself, I'm inclined to believe that he really meant to help them at the moment (the fact that he also increased his popularity among his fanboys and teachers also helped )

Last edited by MartAnimE; 2004-11-27 at 11:56.
Old 2004-11-26, 20:22   Link #240
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

I don't think it's listed at AnimeSuki yet, but episode 3 seems to be out.