AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-11-16, 05:48   Link #41
Ri_
mangaworm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MwyC
and i was wondering if they just hacked off a bit of the name
I doubt it, because this series has been created by Osamu Tezuka, the one who like drew the first mangas ever. I personally thought that that "Say hello to Blackjack" might have been inspired by the Tezuka original. There are TONS of Black Jack references in other anime/manga>> the dog in Beck, one gag in Yakitate!!Japan, another gag in Cosplay Complex and so on. It's a classic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylf
No, Utada Hikaru is not voicing Pinoco in this series. She played the voice of Pinoco for the Flash or Shockwave version of blackjack animation that was distributed on the net couple years ago.
I see~ now I'm interested in that Flash/Shockwave animation.
Ri_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-21, 16:25   Link #42
robtheman008

Smile episode 4

This was a cool episode, but just wondering... was a 3rd episode actually released... anyway 4 was fun.
robtheman008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-21, 21:33   Link #43
Shiorichan
Mistress of Froth-Bite

Quote:
Originally Posted by robtheman008
This was a cool episode, but just wondering... was a 3rd episode actually released... anyway 4 was fun.
*smacks head on wall*

Go to our website or our forum, or read the topic in our main channel. Episode 3 was NOT AIRED.

Old 2004-11-22, 00:26   Link #44
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Episode 3 will be released when the dvd's hit the shelf. It will not be released on the air. It's the same thing that happened to the two missing episodes of FMP:F

Honestly, the Japanese seem to have the worst possible timing with anime like that. You have a great episode, but then it's delayed or canceled due to some natural or national disaster that very closely resembles what happened in that particular anime episode. Oh well.
Old 2004-11-22, 00:49   Link #45
stpehen
kisses for all

BJ fans might be interested to know that each (aired) episode has scored the highest viewer ratings of all the new Autumn anime programs for its week.
Old 2004-11-22, 10:00   Link #46
Sylf
翻訳家わなびぃ
*Fansubber

Send a message via MSN to Sylf Send a message via Yahoo to Sylf
That rating is far from being true when it comes to fansub ^^;
*screams "WHY?!"*
Sylf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-22, 10:32   Link #47
Blaat
AS member for 10 years

I have no idea, I've noticed the samething at the end though its their fault.

Oh well I enjoyed episode 4, thanks F-B for doing an excellent job

Last edited by Blaat; 2004-11-22 at 14:13.
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-22, 13:34   Link #48
Shiorichan
Mistress of Froth-Bite

It's lacking the elements that fansub enthusiasts live for. Also, a lot of people find Pinoco freakish because she looks like a kid and she's hanging around Black Jack who is clearly an adult. So people have called Black Jack a pedophile as well.

I guess people cannot appreciate what they don't understand. I just know I love this series.
*shrug*

We also appreciate the compliment. ^^
Old 2004-11-22, 15:13   Link #49
crumja
AnimeONE Do-It-All

It's an interesting cultural difference. I've found that fansub viewers (mostly American ones) prefer either violent shows or ecchi shows. Most viewers in Japan seem to have more diverse tastes, judging from the ratings. But *meh*, it's American values. ^_^
crumja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-23, 12:43   Link #50
musouka

I think you also have to keep in mind that to many people, they look at the title "Black Jack" and go "Huh? What's that?" In other words, he's not a national icon here. I think that ties into another issue, in that many American anime fans watch anime because they think it's "different" or "cool". In other words, not "cartoony" like many American cartoons. So when they see the retro character designs, they tend to judge it on that.

I think the pedo thing (::rolls eyes:: ) is just an excuse. I'm sure that if Pinoco looked like, oh say, Kinomoto Sakura, they'd be gulping it down like ambrosia.

In a nutshell: People are shallow.
ずっと変りはしない
musouka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-09, 18:02   Link #51
Ri_
mangaworm

Enjoyed episode 5 greatly; thank you, subbers!
This series is also totally the model for 'Monster' (at least it's beginning anyway).

A pity that the OVA series isn't more well known in the US. I just got it recently, and overall it really ain't bad at all; though I guess I still perfer the children's show a little more.
Ri_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-21, 04:50   Link #52
Conan-san
Cruel Angel's Thesis

Bumping this cause, you know, SHUFFLE and MAR are both crap in compariarion...

Oh and for 21-22, cause it was a tour of awsome.
Conan-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-30, 18:38   Link #53
K-chama

Send a message via AIM to K-chama
Does anyone know if they've done an episode on the part of the manga where Black Jack meets his father?
K-chama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-14, 08:50   Link #54
mippa
Mahou Shoujo~!

Send a message via AIM to mippa Send a message via MSN to mippa Send a message via Yahoo to mippa
Hey, I am late jumping on the bandwagon, but I have to say THANK YOU SO MUCH for fansubbing this! I got my first real look at Black Jack this past summer waiting for Detective Conan to come on, and again fell in love with the cuteness that was Pinoco. I never looked into Black Jack because it looked too dark for me, but the TV series is a fine blend of cute heartwarming goodness and serious drama.

I certainly hope this series will gain more attention (I will do all I can to help in my area) and that you will be motivated to churn out these puppies on a regular basis! This is definitely my new anime addiction.

Black Jack is definitely my new anime fangirling object! *hides from Pinoco*

Oh yeah---

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-chama
Does anyone know if they've done an episode on the part of the manga where Black Jack meets his father?

According to the website, I think that is the episode planned for the 17th. =3
mippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-14, 09:00   Link #55
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiorichan
It's lacking the elements that fansub enthusiasts live for. Also, a lot of people find Pinoco freakish because she looks like a kid and she's hanging around Black Jack who is clearly an adult. So people have called Black Jack a pedophile as well.

I guess people cannot appreciate what they don't understand. I just know I love this series.
*shrug*

We also appreciate the compliment. ^^
Trust me, those who knows the true origin of Pinoco won't have said such things...

But still, I guess those who judged hastely would never get to find out.
Old 2006-04-17, 04:29   Link #56
mippa
Mahou Shoujo~!

Send a message via AIM to mippa Send a message via MSN to mippa Send a message via Yahoo to mippa
As mentioned earlier, the episode where Black Jack meets his father is supposed to air in thirty minutes over here. Anyone up for watching it with me over a message service? =3
mippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-29, 03:56   Link #57
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

How's this different from Black Jack 21, the newly released sub by d-p and F-B?

And I don't think it's Black Jack - 21. I think it's Black Jack 21 - 01.
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-29, 12:15   Link #58
Conan-san
Cruel Angel's Thesis

In any case, seeing as 21 is basicly just Black Jack Z, I'll just conduct myself by talking about 21-01 here.

And what a starting episode, they're upping the anté arn't they? Especaily the way they went and
Spoiler:
but then again, he was related to Tezuka's agent of disaster, Duke Red, so take that what you will.
Old 2006-05-09, 05:32   Link #59
Conan-san
Cruel Angel's Thesis

*sigh* and again with the not love for Black Jack.

So, Hell Fansubs have decided to pick up the pace and do ep 2. And this one harbers more suprises and other such nonsence.
Spoiler:

Also, what was up with Largo's "NewType Flash"?
Old 2006-05-09, 07:50   Link #60
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

I love Black Jack. I love Digimon Savers. Shows like this just don't get love because ... I don't know.

I myself prefer the .mp4s ... small size, great quality - still by FB and dp.

Last edited by physics223; 2006-05-09 at 08:02.
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote